Hitachi Consulting

Updated 18 Nov 2014
Updated 18 Nov 2014

2.8

Senior Consultant II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

The hiring process was very intense. I had 6 years of prior IT experience. My recuirter was constantly in touch with me during the entire process. I had to go through 3 technical interviews on the phone after an initial HR interview. Each interview had a time gap of 2 weeks and the interview happened only on fridays. All phone interviews were mostly technical based on my prior experience. The questions were based on real time scenarios. After I had cleared the 3 rounds of phone interview, they had asked me to come down for a face to face interview to their Atlanta office. All expenses were paid. I met a senior manager at their office who was available all day to help me. They also took me out for lunch with a vice president. I had another 4 interviews scheduled on the same day. Most of it was technical.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly questions were based on prior experience. They would read line by line of the resume and ask for what was the exact process we followed and what was my role. Most Difficult: If you had a chance to tell the product owner of a tool some suggestions on the tool - what would they be?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

After submitting your resume online, there would be two round phone interviews and one on-site interview, the 1st round phone interview was with the manager of the department and another phone interview was with senior architect.within the team. Most of the questions were behavioral questions and some IT-related terms and solutions.

Interview Questions
    • Generally speaking, the interview questions were just the typical behavioral questions and some IT consulting concepts. It was not difficult to prepare for the interviews.   Answer Question

Analyst/Human Resources Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question
    They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.

Consultant Interview

interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in June 2014.

One-to-one interview, interviewer was a new consultant. The interview was basic behavioral questions, such as "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to be hired?" The interview lasted for an hour, had only a few minutes to ask questions.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Questions
    • Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

2 round interview process with interviews with 2-4 managers and VPs. They test personality & Culture. They test ability to learn quickly, and past experience.

Oracle Data Warehouse/BI Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2014.

Initial communication came from them, I was pleased and went along for 1st interview with the UK head of consulting at a client site near to me, that seemed to go well and was then invited in to the London office and found that I'd been given the right name but wrong role title of the chap I met, so I had prepared for a BI interview and got a Datawarehouse interview, I have since heard nothing. No excuse for such rudeness.

Interview Questions
    • What methods can you use to get data in from an external source   Answer Question

Dynamics Ax Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Hiring and Interview was normal

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions just same as any normal Interview   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate Salary

SharePoint Consultant Interview

1) I was invited by a recruiter to apply for a SharePoint consultant position based on their Dallas office.
    2) I had one technical interview with a "Senior Architect", I was really surprised that some of the questions... were based on wrong technical decisions!!.
    3) I had one interview with a manager.
    4) Their recruiter called me to notify me that they will move with an offer after the onsite interview.
    4) Onsite interview: They made me go to a coffee shop because they couldn't meet me at their office... first i was interviewed by a VP who was on the customer site...during one hour.. then by a director... it was very awkard that during the interview one of their clients entered the coffee shop and we had to move to a different table...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online
    2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited).
    3. Selected for on-campus interview
    4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company.
    5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.