Hitachi Consulting

Updated 13 Oct 2014
Updated 13 Oct 2014

2.9

Analyst/Human Resources Department Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Applied online through their website. Received a call about 8 days later from the Talent Coordinator who I spoke with and schedule the interviews through. The following week I had a two part face to face interview with the manager and then two senior staff members. The discussion with the manager was specific to my background and experience and about the position and job details. The discussion with the staff members was behavior based in relation to my experiences that had taken place. The next morning I had a phone interview with the director and was more of a in depth behavior based discussion from my work history. Received a call from the recruiter later that day that I would be getting an offer within the next 24 hours. Received the offer the next day and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Majority of the questions were behavior based and specific to your experiences and then would ask, "and what happened next?" or "What did you think about that?"   Answer Question
    They discussed my prior work history and compensation and then asked what my expected salary was.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Hired straight from undergrad. Position required 2 one hour on-campus interviews, a group interview (billed as social event), and a four hour in office interview. The on-campus interviews are behavioral, and are more of a way for the managers to get to know you. Be prepared to follow up with thank you notes - this scores you big points! Also be prepared to attend any of the on-campus Meet and Greet sessions.

Interview Questions
    • Out of all of the other applicants, why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate. I was sent the offer, and attempted to have them match an additional offer, and was turned down with no potential to continue negotiations.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

2 round interview process with interviews with 2-4 managers and VPs. They test personality & Culture. They test ability to learn quickly, and past experience.

Oracle Data Warehouse/BI Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in April 2014.

Initial communication came from them, I was pleased and went along for 1st interview with the UK head of consulting at a client site near to me, that seemed to go well and was then invited in to the London office and found that I'd been given the right name but wrong role title of the chap I met, so I had prepared for a BI interview and got a Datawarehouse interview, I have since heard nothing. No excuse for such rudeness.

Interview Questions
    • What methods can you use to get data in from an external source   Answer Question

Dynamics Ax Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Hiring and Interview was normal

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions just same as any normal Interview   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate Salary

SharePoint Consultant Interview

1) I was invited by a recruiter to apply for a SharePoint consultant position based on their Dallas office.
    2) I had one technical interview with a "Senior Architect", I was really surprised that some of the questions... were based on wrong technical decisions!!.
    3) I had one interview with a manager.
    4) Their recruiter called me to notify me that they will move with an offer after the onsite interview.
    4) Onsite interview: They made me go to a coffee shop because they couldn't meet me at their office... first i was interviewed by a VP who was on the customer site...during one hour.. then by a director... it was very awkard that during the interview one of their clients entered the coffee shop and we had to move to a different table...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online
    2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited).
    3. Selected for on-campus interview
    4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company.
    5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.

Consultant Interview

Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. I felt like they were looking for people with more technical skills/background. My major was in Economics so I didn't have any background in programming/databases and I think it definitely showed during the interview. Waiting to hear back. I was told I would hear back within the next few days whether or not I made it to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • 1) What is a major challenge/obstacle that you have overcame?
      2) Company X is a mortgage company. Currently it takes them 3 weeks to authorize a loan, while the industry standard is only week. How would you go about assessing the situation/going about finding a solution? (wasn't really a case question, just wanted to know how I would approach a problem).
      3) How much experience have you had with excel?
        Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Hitachi Consulting was recruiting new graduates on my university campus. I talked to about four or five different representatives at a job fair, an information session, and my interview. I really liked all of the people that I met and thought that I would enjoy working with them.

The interviewer started with the standard "tell me about yourself" and then asked several standard behavioral interview questions. The two questions that I remember most clearly were:

"Tell me about a time when you had to deal with complaints."
    "Tell me about a time when you worked in a supporting role."

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer handed me my resume and asked me to write an algorithm on the back of it for selecting all even elements from the Fibonacci sequence.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

I interviewed on campus for the Houston office. The interview was very straightforward. There were nothing out of the ordinary. I only went to the first interview and did not make it to the second and third on.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were generic such as... What is your greatest weakness? Show me a time where you displayed your analytical problem solving skills.   Answer Question