Hitachi Consulting

Relevance Date Difficulty

SharePoint Consultant Interview

SharePoint Consultant

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details 1) I was invited by a recruiter to apply for a SharePoint consultant position based on their Dallas office.
2) I had one technical interview with a "Senior Architect", I was really surprised that some of the questions... were based on wrong technical decisions!!.
3) I had one interview with a manager.
4) Their recruiter called me to notify me that they will move with an offer after the onsite interview.
4) Onsite interview: They made me go to a coffee shop because they couldn't meet me at their office... first i was interviewed by a VP who was on the customer site...during one hour.. then by a director... it was very awkard that during the interview one of their clients entered the coffee shop and we had to move to a different table...

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details 1. Spoke to recruiter at the university career fair and applied online
2. Attended a networking event (where not everyone who applied was invited).
3. Selected for on-campus interview
4. Advanced to second round interview at the office on a Friday. The second round interview consisted of 3 interviews with various people within the company.
5. Got a call from them with an offer and salary on the following Monday. Was given 15 days to respond.

Interview Question – Nothing technical because I was applying for a functional position. Mainly went over my resume and talked about different challenges I faced in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate. Was given more than I initially asked for.

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details Got into the interview process through campus recruitment. They were very friendly and laid-back. The first round was a mixture of conversation and behavioral questions, trying to get to know me. The second round consisted of in-office interviews with three managers with breaks to mingle with the staff. Lunch was provided afterwards. Overall, the staff and company were great and down-to-earth.

Interview Question – Throughout all your college experience, what was the most meaningful?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details Initially a first and second round interview on campus, back-to-back days, followed by final round in Chicago, IL. The questions were behavioral and fit oriented with the exception of an individual case interview and group case interview in the final round. The final round was actually enjoyable as we were presented with enjoyable networking activities for a large portion of the 2 day process.

Interview Question – We're stuck in some town because of a rental car mix up, what do you and I go to do?   View Answer

Interviewed at Hitachi Consulting

Interview Details Got the interview through on-campus recruiting. I felt like they were looking for people with more technical skills/background. My major was in Economics so I didn't have any background in programming/databases and I think it definitely showed during the interview. Waiting to hear back. I was told I would hear back within the next few days whether or not I made it to the next round.

Interview Question – 1) What is a major challenge/obstacle that you have overcame?
2) Company X is a mortgage company. Currently it takes them 3 weeks to authorize a loan, while the industry standard is only week. How would you go about assessing the situation/going about finding a solution? (wasn't really a case question, just wanted to know how I would approach a problem).
3) How much experience have you had with excel?
  Answer Question

Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Hitachi Consulting was recruiting new graduates on my university campus. I talked to about four or five different representatives at a job fair, an information session, and my interview. I really liked all of the people that I met and thought that I would enjoy working with them.

The interviewer started with the standard "tell me about yourself" and then asked several standard behavioral interview questions. The two questions that I remember most clearly were:

"Tell me about a time when you had to deal with complaints."
"Tell me about a time when you worked in a supporting role."

Interview Question – The interviewer handed me my resume and asked me to write an algorithm on the back of it for selecting all even elements from the Fibonacci sequence.   View Answer

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details Went through campus recruiting took about 3 weeks in total. First round was an on campus interview, and the second/ final round was at the office. The experience was overall positive, and the employees were very open to questions and very personable. You go through a case study and two interviews: one with a director and a VP. All were pretty easy going.

Interview Question – What was your worst grade in a class and why?

Describe a bad team experience and how did you deal with it?

What do you know about Hitachi Consulting?
  Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in August 2013.

Interview Details Phone call with practice talent acquisition followed by technical phone screen. Then on-site interview with hiring manager and several members of the team. Team interview is typical round about one on one interview with architect, consultant and PM. Many technical questions, some good and discussion provoking, some pretty shallow or just factoid types. Code writing exercise, checking someone else's code, looking for errors and some diagramming, architecture and design elaboration, proving your point, behavioral and situation questions.

The process was a bit chaotic and not well organized, but people were nice.

Interview Question – Nothing really, if you know your field, you should be good. Otherwise, don't bother.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in September 2013.

Interview Details I interviewed as a part of their campus recruiting process. They invited me for their info session when I spoke to them at the campus career fair. They made decisions about whom to interview at that info session and the first round interviews were held a week later. There were two interviews half an hour each and they asked typical behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – Unexpected question: What do you do to have fun? Tell me something unique about yourself so I will remember you.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Interview Details Basic Phone scree followed by 2 onsite with Managers and later one on site with VP. Process took approx. 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the blue. If you know your stuff that's on your resume and they brought you in for that reason, all questions are geared toward the technology you are knowledgeable in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal