Hitachi Consulting

Updated 20 Sep 2014
Updated 20 Sep 2014

2.9

Manager, Specialized Services Interview

Hiring process is robust and transparent

Consultant Interview

Their hiring process is a personal interview on the spot and then they decide within the higher ranked employees in the company if the interviewer should get the open position. It is realively easy to get a job if there is an open position and you have the needed qualifications but if there is no open spot its almost impossible for them to open more positions even if they have many empty desks.

Interview Questions
    • -Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Also asked conflict resolution questions with a mix of office ethics.
        Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

The poeple at the office was super friendly, it was the most impressive office environment I had ever been, I remember when I was sitting at the lobby waiting for my turn, there were at least 5 or 6 employers walking by and warmly asked if I 've been helped. in most of other intervews that i had been, you silent , indifferent eyes contact, not in that particular office.

Interview Questions
    not too difficult , th eprocess took a bit longer than expected

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Mostly spoke to managers and directors about my experience. Interviews were very straightforward and there were not many trick questions. They were looking for people who could think on their feet and be able to handle many different scenarios. For junior level consultants they were mostly concerned about learning agility and technical skills.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very unexpected or difficult, just talk about experience, be able to quickly adapt to environments.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary by 5K, but mostly because I had prior work experience and a masters degree. Most C1/C2s were not able to do the same.

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Submitted resume through MBA career center. Selected for campus interview, which was very friendly and informal. In-office interviews with four employees up to VP. Subsequent phone interview with subject matter expert. All interviewers made me feel very comfortable and enthusiastic about company.

Interview Questions

Salary offered was very low.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reston, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in January 2013.

I spoke with 10 - count 'em - TEN Hitachi people - 2 VP's, 4 Directors, and 4 Senior Managers. All were very friendly and upbeat about the company - gave me the "it's a great place to work" speil. And every one of them told me I would be a great fit. Some actually said they were recommending me for hire.

It was a long process - over a month, made longer by the company's week and a half-long Holiday break.

After 4 phone interviews, I had a face to face with a VP a Director and a Senior Manager after which I had a conference-call interview with a Director and 2 of his team who were looking for a PM for their project.

After waiting a week for feedback, I finally emailed the recruiter who called back and told me "they weren't going forward" because I "wasn't a fit for the project role they're trying to fill".
    Odd, because I was never given the impression that I was being considered for only one specific project role. I don't understand why it would take 10 people, including 2 VP's to determine whether someone can fill one single project role.

for the benefit of those who might not know, there's a difference between a consulting firm and a body shop. Consulting firms hire strategically - "for the bench", as they say. They get people on board, acclimate/indocrinate them, then get them onto a suitable role with a client project. Body shops, on the other hand, hire to fill a spot.

Throughout that long interview process, I thought I was interviewing with a consulting firm. I've been around the block and I know which questions get asked and which ones to ask.

Turns out I got played. All along, I was talking to a body shop that was masquerading as a consulting firm. Had I known who I was dealing with up front, I wouldn't have let them waste a month of my time.

Interview Questions
    • None Really. The usual behavioral-type questions, and some Oracle-based skills evaluation questions. Nothing I didn't answer correctly. I've been on both sides of the table so I know how the process works.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting.

Mainly phone interviews. since I lived close, I went into office and met with only VP's and above. Did not realize I would be meeting with all VP's. I had no questions for them which made me feel stupid.

good offer no need to negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Get two rounds phone call interviews from tech lead. All technical questions. Some of them are very detailed ones.Get the onsite offer after one week.

Consultant Interview

One of the most pleasant interview processes I went through. The HR team was very quick to respond to questions and didn't drag out the process over several months. They provided a dinner the night before the "on site" interview with a few VP's present. Interview day was very enjoyable with 1:1 interviews and a group case study. It seems like they were targeting business students, not just engineers.

Interview Questions
    • Group Case study, talking about past experiences with VP   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hitachi Consulting in November 2012.

All behavior questions. It was my first real in person interview. So I think I didn't act confident enough. The whole process the interviewer keep throw one and another question to me from a piece of "question sheet". I should've led the conversation more.