Hobby Lobby Co Manager Interview Questions

2.9

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hobby Lobby in August 2014.

Interview

I applied on line and appox 3 days I received a call from a recruitor to set up time for phone interview. Two days later I had phone interview and was told if I was considered would get call for face interview. Received call about week later for face interview. Did 10 references plus test on line. Passed them would have face interview. Had face interview and was told I would hear something in 3 to 5 days. It's.been almost 3 weeks and email or response if I got position or not...:( really wanted to work for them

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hobby Lobby

Co-Manager Interview

Interview

Very extensive , over three months starting with online app then a number of tele interviews followed by an online assessment test running about two hours then a face to face with recruiter covering over two hrs at which I felt went well but after taking offer I have doubts that my recruiter knows the true reality of what actually is going on in these stores. I was quoted average work week of 55 hrs except holidays but in reality is 65+ and at no time was I told that I would be required to work 7:30am to 10:pm with no chance to grab a meal let alone to use the restroom. Ether my recruiter is naive or bs artist.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward as for salary and bonus

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty much just a phone interview and a face to face interview with a recruiter. While i was in the store for my interview with the recruiter I walked the store with the store manager as well. The delivery from the store manager and how life is was far from the reality once you start working there. I guess that goes along with the politically correct delivery when you are around corporate officials.

Interview Questions

• Basic situation questions, leadership style, weaknesses, what you need to improve on in your opinion, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as I had recently been laid off from a closing retailer, however I since have found out that you can negotiate salary, bonus, AND vacation time. Definitely negotiate vacation time as you do NOT get any for your first year!

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Received an email within a week asking to set up a phone interview. Recruiter was pleasant and the questions were basic in nature Based on the questions and comments from the recruiter it's obvious that they are looking for young people with a desire to be relocatable at will. Not what I was looking for.

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

Very long process to go through. It took eight weeks to finally have a face-to-face interview. You go through a phone interview, then they ask for a minimum of seven (7) references. Then, they ask you to do an assessment test (which takes up to two hours to take). After that, then you may have a chance to interview. My interview took three hours.

Co Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hobby Lobby in October 2013.

Interview

Easy interview if you are willing to relocate. I did, to odessa, tx.. Not able to relocate, and the interview would of ended. We walked store, talked about their processes and expectations. Talked about their use of ipads to order. Never talked about how many daily hours you woyld work or how many open to close shifts.

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hobby Lobby (Lakeland, FL (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

a long and dragged out process. you have to apply first, then you have a phone interview. After that you have to send out an assessment to about 10 people to do a quick survey on you and your experience regarding the position. Then you have to do a test that's similar to a standardized one. Then you do your actual interview which in it self is a process..

Interview Questions

• They asked if I knew it was a Christian based company which made me feel uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

you should try to get 2 weeks vacation from the start which is easy. and id fight for every dollar because raises are once a year based on evaluation.

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby.

Interview

When you apply have to wait for an initial phone interview. If they like you then you go to a second interview with HR. If HR likes you interview with one of the store managers. They also give you an overview of what is required to do. If they like you the call you about a week later with an offer. The whole process takes about a month to month and a half.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you need to improve on? Why are you leaving you current job? Why Hobby Lobby?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a salary range. They usually stay in that range that is not very wide.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Omaha, NE (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was very basic. There is a simple math test involved. I met the recruiter at the store and was interviewed there. Very thorough interview. The description of the job and the company were very closely matched with reality of the actual job. I thought the salary was very fair given the level of responsibility.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received most of what I negotiated for. The recruiter handled it very professionally.

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hobby Lobby (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

After initial submission of Resume if your not contacted within 3-5 days you will not be contacted.
    One initial telephone interview then in person one on one - The recruiters I dealt with were Great.
    Drug Test, Back Ground investigation and Credit check.
    All Co-Managers are hired with the same salary, its non -negotiable.

Interview Questions

• They emphasize Customer Service, systems and processes.
      No Visible tattoos, Dress appropriately.

Answer Question

Negotiation

All Co-Managers are hired with the same salary, its non -negotiable.