Home Instead

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mentor, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead in December 2013.

Interview Details Very encouraging interview. Other office staff and office culture were warm and welcoming. This makes a big difference to a new arrival on the scene. It was very nice to be acknowledged and appreciated for background, abilities, personality, from the very first meeting.

Interview Question – Why would you want to do this work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not really any negotiation, per se-- the interviewer liked me and felt that I would be particularly good at this position. It was very nice to be acknowledged and appreciated for background, abilities, personality, from the very first meeting.

Caregiver

I applied online and interviewed at Home Instead.

Interview Details Easy interview, very personable interviewer.

Interview Question – What is your most memorable moment with an elder?   Answer Question

Caretaker Interview

Caretaker
Jeannette, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Home Instead in April 2013.

Interview Details Submit an application online, they call you in for an interview, fill out paperwork, do an exercise on the computer, they do background check, if hired, orientation is next, drug test, will have to go to a few trainings and do quizzes

Interview Question – When was the last time you were asked to do something you didn't want to do and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Director, International Interview

Director, International

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Home Instead.

Interview Details I applied at HomeInstead because we used their services for my grandfather and each and every interaction with the HomeInstead service and their employees was tremendous. In short, I was sold on the company well before I applied.

I waited until the right opportunity opened up at HomeInstead. Ultimately, the head of HR actually suggested that I post for the position and she conducted the initial interview. It was a dialogue about the position, the HomeInstead mission, and her experience/background. She committed to scheduling additional interviews with the senior managers with whom I would be working with and/or supporting. I never heard from her again despite several calls and emails.

Interview Question – Why HomeInstead?   Answer Question

Comunnity Educator Interview

Comunnity Educator

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Home Instead.

Interview Details hired by hr, and not by owner- so I didn't know the culture

Interview Question – nothing too difficult in process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they offered the low end of my range. make your low end high enough in case yours is the same.

Very Easy Interview

Caregiver

I applied online - interviewed at Home Instead in February 2012.

Interview Details Internet application and then a phone call to come in to fill out in house application. One interview and then another to came back to sign forms.

Very Easy Interview

Hha Interview

Hha
Philadelphia, PA (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Home Instead in September 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was very easy. The lady was polite and fun.she asked all types of questions about my past experiences.I met the head boss on my interview and he was also very down to earth.don't know how or why anybody would not get hired at this establishment .

Interview Questions

Caregiver

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at Home Instead in June 2011.

Interview Details I initially called the company. They emailed me a job application. I filled out the application, mailed it back and they called me for the interview. I was already working for another franchise of Home Instead in Cheyenne, WY.

Interview Question – What were my weaknesses   View Answer

Personal Care Assistant Interview

Personal Care Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Home Instead in August 2011.

Interview Details 1 on 1 interview. very detailed.

Interview Question – How far will you travel?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't have one. They start everyone at the same salary level. Just above minimum rage.

Care Giver Interview

Care Giver
Highland Village, TX (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Home Instead in April 2012.

Interview Details They hand you a bunch of paperwork to fill out and when you are finished they then ask you questions about why you would be good for the position. Typical interview questions.

Interview Question – Many say care giving is a thankless job to have, what is your position on this assertion?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They offered me eight dollars an hour, no benefits, no guarantee of hours, no compensation for gas/travel, no PTO, and also wanted me to do 2 hours of training unpaid. I asked if I got my CNA what I would be paid, and they would increase my hourly wages to 9 an hour.

Worked for Home Instead? Contribute to the Community!