Honda of America Mfg. Interview Questions

Updated 29 Aug 2014
Updated 29 Aug 2014

2.8

Equipment Service Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

Went through their hiring agency and then had the opportunity to interview onsite at the plant. Interview went well just did not have enough experience necessary to obtain the job.

Interview Questions
    • How did you satisfy a customer recently.   View Answer

Entry Level Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

The person doing the interviews was never clear on when she would get back to me and then when she was she did not hold up to her promise. I felt it was very unprofessional and all I got was excuses.

Account Representative Interview

Standard interview process with behavioral based questions, template series of questions, not too bad. One round of interview with manager of the role and then one round with HQ locations.

One round

Inspection Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in June 2014.

I was asked to come in for On site interview. I was flown to Columbus, OH and drove to Marysville. The entire interview questions were behavior type questions. I was told I will get feedback within 2 to 3 weeks. I called the hiring manager the third week and he told me he is going to let the HR provide me with the feedback. The HR never contacted me after now a month and I have a feeling they are moving to another direction.

HRIS Analyst/Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in May 2014.

Pros:
    -Very kind and sincere interviewers, they did communicate back to me via email (rare for recruiters)and I really appreciated the communication.

Cons:
    -Very unorganized scheduling and lack of communication between coworkers. The in person interview was scheduled three weeks out and cancelled at 8AM the morning of the interview that was to occur at noon (4 hour notice). They said it was purely a scheduling conflict.
    -The prescreening interview was scheduled three days before the in person interview. Prescreening interview was rescheduled once, and occured the day before the in person interview was scheduled. A week later I followed up to be told they would not be going forward with the position.
    -Their talent management system has not been updated: they have very old positions listed as well as the position they said they would not be moving forward with.

Conclusion: From the outside it seems they're going through a transition or growing pains because there were so many scheduling conflicts. I did appreciate being kept in the loop with communication but there are some administrative kinks that need worked out in their HR department.

Quality Engineer/Warranty Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in April 2014.

I have interviewed TWICE with honda, the first time I went through the whole process through a recruiter. Passed the phone interview, met all the requirements to attain the position and even went on site. Expenses all paid by Honda, the position was an entry level position with little to no real technical requirements. The interview was very basic, STAR questions from start to finish (creative huh?). I was almost positive that I was going to get the job until 2 weeks later my RECRUITER EMAILED me saying "I interviewed well but the other candidate was 'technically' stronger." I don't really know what they mean by that seeing as though the only anything relating to technical requirement was MS office, Excel I was not technically strong enough to attain a "powerpoint/excel engineering position". Nevertheless I tried again and go figure I get yet another call that Honda is interested in me and wanted to interview me again. I gave it a shot, 3.5 weeks later not a single email or call.. Is that really a way to treat your "talent" base? I suppose this is also reflected in the overall image of the company. Dead set and absolutely adamant on ideas that will give more profit and less and less innovation with each passing year. Old school company, outdated concepts, morals and values and hopelessly uninspiring in the current market. Honda is not what I thought it would be like in person and most definitely not even a fraction of what it once originally stood for. I think these seemingly negative experiences were ultimately for the best, thanks but no thanks Honda. I will take my interests and talents elsewhere, making powerpoints and Excel spreadsheets didn't exactly look like a very promising career path for me anyway.

Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Honda of America Mfg..

Met with a panel of 3 people. It was hard to understand some of them, as they were Japanese.

Interview Questions
    • When the American asked me if I understood the Japanese after I had acted like I did.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate.

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in March 2014.

Initial communications took a long time. Everyone I spoke with was very friendly; they accommodated my schedule very well, and took care to inform me of the status of the plant the day before my interview (there was very bad weather that day that caused some businesses to shut down). They provided a bottle of water for the interview, which is something I can't believe more companies don't do; I appreciated that a lot. There were five people in my interview, which was both unnecessary and intimidating. Took a very long time (one month) to get back with me after the interview; I was told to expect two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • There was a question about describing a time where you took advice or a suggestion from a customer and applied it to a project or program.   View Answer

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Honda of America Mfg. in March 2014.

I talked with a couple of guys at UC's career fair. They were nice guys and invited me to interview on campus the following day. The interview questions were your typical STAR questions and we very straight forward.

Production Associate Interview

I haven't had one in a long time. The people doing the hiring have a really BAD reputation though! Just be honest and let the cards fall where they may.