Humana Interview Questions

Updated 24 Sep 2014
Updated 24 Sep 2014

2.9

Actuary Interview

They flew me down to Louisville at their expense and put me in a nice hotel. Then they interviewed me for three hours. It was not a bad interview at all. Nothing unexpected, and a beautiful view from the room I was in. I could see the Ohio River. Really nice but also quite distracting. Then I flew back that night from Louisville. They did a great job.

Case Management RN Work From Home Interview

Overall poor process. My second interview was done over computer with program similar to Skype. The interviewer was disengaged during the interview. She was at her home and held a dog in her lap. She did not make eye contact and did not appear to be interested in what I was saying. I was told get a job offer or decline within 2 hours or by next morning but never heard anything. Attempts to contact the hiring representative from career builder went unanswered.

Community Health Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Humana.

Got a call for a phone interview, in 2 weeks got my webcam interview and within an hour found out I was hired. A month later only to find out the Manager changed her mind and fired me 1 day before the beginning of the training.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate my salary

Care Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Humana.

Initial interview with HR and then online interview 2 weeks later with management. First interview focused on required computer skills and home office setup and was approximately 30 minutes long. Second interview was behavioral and was 45 minutes long. All interviews were by phone accompanied with live internet and video.

Medical Record Retrieval Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Humana in September 2014.

Applied online and received an invitation for an automated (Montage) phone interview the same day. As soon as I completed the Montage interview I checked my email and found a "thanks but no thanks" email that was sent PRIOR to my interview being completed. The phone interview wasn't difficult. I'm only rating them negatively because they asked me for the interview and declined my application before they even listened to it. I feel my time was wasted.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were typical behavioral interview questions along with questions about experience, meeting the job requirements, and salary expectations.   Answer Question

Community Health Educator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Humana in September 2014.

initial communication by email, phone interview easily scheduled by email. next step is a webcam interview with hiring manager. phone interview was approx. half an hour, basic questions on background, why you applied, tell specific situation and how you handled it. i did get an offer to have an interview next week so it looks like the process is pretty timely. I was even told of two probable start dates coming up. Interviewer was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • do you have a room to work in with a locked door? can you commit to an 8 hr day and your schedule will be assigned to you anywhere from 7 am-7 pm? i was not happy with the fact that they can not give a salary range, yet expect you to tell you current and past salaries.   View Answer

CHE Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Humana.

The hiring for my position actually took place in a hotel lobby. A subsidiary of the company was developing. There were 3-4 people. Initially seemed sketchy. However, during this time there was a partnership type of development occuring for each company.

There was not a negotiation

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Humana.

It was really lengthy, seems like they didn't really know what they were looking for so there were a lot of back and forth. The entire process took half a year.

Interview Questions
    • During the final stage of the interview process they asked a rather personal question about my relationship.   View Answer

Any company that base part of their decision on the state of my marital arrangement warrants concern.

Field Care Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Humana.

I was solicited by co. Headhunter with a quick initial interview leaving with the basic knowledge of having the job, but just short of official offer due to "formality of going through with another candidate interview already scheduled". Come to find out, just another co. Blowing smoke with no call back and getting the run around for several months (>6) until finally a second interview and then hired!

Interview Questions
    • None. Was told what the job entailed and spoke about experience.   Answer Question
    N/A

RN Care Manager SNP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

I applied and the next day I was called by a recruiter. She asked me behavioral questions and basic computer knowledge questions. She emailed me less than a week later to set up an interview via web can with 2 managers. The interview process was smooth, both managers were great. They asked behavioral questions and want real situations that you've had as a nurse. The next evening I was called with a great offer above the salary I was asking. I go to st.Petersburg next month for 2 week training then I work from home. I am very excited as I applied to many previous positions in a year and finally got in! Don't give up, that time will come! Good luck!!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you had to make changes due to business needs?
      Tell me a time that made you feel that you did not want to be a nurse any longer?
      All questions are from experiences you've actually had so don't worry.
        Answer Question
    No negotiations but the pay is excellent and you'll be impressed.

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!