Humana

Relevance Date Difficulty

RN Care Manager SNP Interview

RN Care Manager SNP
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Interview Details I applied and the next day I was called by a recruiter. She asked me behavioral questions and basic computer knowledge questions. She emailed me less than a week later to set up an interview via web can with 2 managers. The interview process was smooth, both managers were great. They asked behavioral questions and want real situations that you've had as a nurse. The next evening I was called with a great offer above the salary I was asking. I go to st.Petersburg next month for 2 week training then I work from home. I am very excited as I applied to many previous positions in a year and finally got in! Don't give up, that time will come! Good luck!!!!

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you had to make changes due to business needs?
Tell me a time that made you feel that you did not want to be a nurse any longer?
All questions are from experiences you've actually had so don't worry.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations but the pay is excellent and you'll be impressed.

Personal Health Coach Interview

Personal Health Coach

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Interview Details Initial contact was via an email, asking to schedule a phone interview. Did not apply for the job, so it appears they picked up my info from another job I had applied earlier in the year. After phone interview, was scheduled for the Montage video conference interview. Questions where based on scenarios you need to explain in detail: the circumstances, your interventions and end result.
I was called with an offer within an hour of the video interview.

Interview Question – What has been your most satisfying job and least satifying job?
How were you able to turn a negative relationship into a positive one?
Describe how you were able to identify the needs of a complex situation/patient.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unfortunately, they were unable to tell me what my schedule would be (anywhere between 7am-7pm is what I was told) and the salary was not as competitive as I expected from such a well established organization.

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details It was really lengthy, seems like they didn't really know what they were looking for so there were a lot of back and forth. The entire process took half a year.

Interview Question – During the final stage of the interview process they asked a rather personal question about my relationship.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Any company that base part of their decision on the state of my marital arrangement warrants concern.

Personal Health Coach Interview

Personal Health Coach

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Humana in August 2014.

Interview Details Applied online week later was contacted by a recruiter and immediately was scheduled for a montage video interview. Had the second interview and everything was straight forward. It was a behavioral interview so the interview was not too difficult for me. The interviewer was very honest about the description and she answered all my questions. Two hours later I was offered the job at a great salary. Can't wait for training in September.

Interview Question – Describe your most difficult client and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Field Care Manager Interview

Field Care Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details I was solicited by co. Headhunter with a quick initial interview leaving with the basic knowledge of having the job, but just short of official offer due to "formality of going through with another candidate interview already scheduled". Come to find out, just another co. Blowing smoke with no call back and getting the run around for several months (>6) until finally a second interview and then hired!

Interview Question – None. Was told what the job entailed and spoke about experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details Became interested in the position and applied for the job through a recruiting firm. Phone interview with recruiting firm describing PM experience and Agile experience. Face to face with hiring manager who was very friendly and informative. Felt that things went smoothly and nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Pretty much what I anticipated. Tell me about your PM experience   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Case Manager
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details Received an email notification one day after applying online to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was the next week with a recruiter. Lasted about 30 minutes and asked basic questions about work experience as well as a few behavioral interview questions...what would you/tell me about a time situations. At the end of that call was set up for a video interview the next week. Video interview lasted about an hour and was similar to phone interview but was with the direct supervisor. I was originally told one start date from recruiter and a different start date from supervisor which conflicted with notice I would have to give to my current employer. Was informed I would hear something back from them quickly. However, never received any notification. Everyone was very friendly.

Interview Question – Just general behavioral interview questions. Have answers/scenarios prepared ahead of time   Answer Question

Personal Health Coach (PHC) Interview

Personal Health Coach (PHC)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details I was very impressed with the overall interview process. The phone interview was very informal but to the point. The interviewer definitely knew what he was doing and you could tell was genuinely listening to your response and not just going through the motions. The montage video interview was a little trickier. The technology was fine, but there is something nerve-wracking about video chat. You are focusing on your appearance and how you are coming across when you should be solely focusing on the question. Overall though, the process was painless. I was also impressed with how quick the process moved along. From the day I applied to the day I received an offer it was literally ten days. Amazing!

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were aware that your performance on the job was lacking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked if the salary was negotiable but it was not. I was still okay with the starting salary and encouragement of potential internal mobility so I accepted the offer.

Order Entry Associate Interview

Order Entry Associate
Springdale, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Humana.

Interview Details The interview consisted of being told that your allowed to wear headphones while you work, but not being told that's because you are sitting at a computer performing data entry from 8 hours up to 12 hours a day with mandatory overtime expected.

Interview Question – What is expected goal for data entry? That question can never be answered because they change the efficiencies from day to day, month to month. You never know what your expected to achieve at any given time. It's basically at their whim, whatever they come up with at the time. Algorithms are creaed and then not used. Clearly a company that doesn't know what it's right hand or left hand is doing. This organization is very "TOP HEAVY" Too many "Chiefs not enough Indians" - This is Humana's biggest problem. Also they get rid of staff on a daily basis, and most of the unemployment claims are in favor of the terminiated employee!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation they offered the job, but could not tell you what the position paid until you were actually doing the job. Then you realized that it was very low 13.00 per hour, and a 27 cents raise after 1 year, and that was it unless you were "favored". Their advantage is that the job market is very bad, so they have the upper hand.

Case Manager (RN) Interview

Case Manager (RN)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Humana in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online on a Monday. The following day I was interviewed via telephone through a recruiting company I believe. A web based interview was scheduled for the followed Monday. The interview went very well. The lady who interviewed with very pleasant and made me feel very comfortable. I knew they asked behavioral questions and was prepared. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The day after the interview I was given an offer which I have accepted.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Humana? Contribute to the Community!