Hyatt

2.4

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludhiana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludhiana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in October 2012.

Quickest response after submitting my application. Interview was done on telephone however was detailed enough for me to present myself and to understand the company

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in October 2011.

initially there was a mail sent by the college which included my resume, then a date was fixd for the interview at the college. after the personal interview they sent a offer letter and then we had to send a copy of it back to the hotel accepting the terms and condition of the hotel..

Interview Questions
    • no such difficult question was asked.... but they were focusing on the basic technical knowledge....   Answer Question

Commis II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in October 2010.

It was an one on one interview with the Executive Sous Chef. The Chef was very calm and decent and the interview wasc pretty good, just one advice for everyone is be confident in whatever you say, fgollowed by food trial after a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself & why do you want to join this hotel?   View Answer
    • Why I wanted to be a chef?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate as I was a fresher, but their is an ample opportunities for negotiations however, you should have the previous employers salary slip to negotiate as a proof.

Souschef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hyatt in August 2010.

personal round, panel interview, gm interview, hr manager round, food trial

Interview Questions
    good as in competitive market

Font Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurangābād, Maharashtra
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurangābād, Maharashtra

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hyatt in December 2008.

Was hired through Campus Interview

None

Front Desk Agent Interview

Very thorough, met with a variety of people very professional- the HR manager was very kind and everyone went over all of the hiring and internal details very thoroughly, everyone knew their steps and the hiring process was very seamless

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an unruly or rude guest when you are in the midst of handling a full occupancy check in night?   Answer Question
    N/A

Operating Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

Applied on line and a few days later was called to have the first interview with the Director of Engineering where a great deal of questions revolved around knowledge of mechanical systems which are critical to the operation of a NYC high rise building.
    This interview was followed by a second with the hotel's General Manager a week later and the following day there was a background check and drug test. After the results came in several days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • was based on equipment I knew of through schooling but had actually never worked on.   View Answer
    This is a union position. The contract was already negotiated through collective bargaining.

Part Time Server- Banquet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in November 2014.

I was interviewed by the HR manager as well as the Banquet manager. Duration of the interview last 30-40min. General questions were asked regarding my past experience and what I have to offer to the company. Both interviewers were very nice and laid back. Relaxed atmosphere. If you are a male, show up clean shaven, no scruff (Company standards)

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt.

The interview from start to hire was 3 weeks. I applied online and 3 days later I got a call from their HR. They conducted an on the spot telephone interview which I was not ready for as my 1 year old had just woken up. It was very evident that if I did not conduct the interview on the phone I would not getn an interview in person. The phone interview was very formal and seemed like a quiz. They asked me about the years I worked from a company from 8 years prior. A week later I went in for an interview from a front desk assistant manager. The next day I had an interview with the Rooms executive and a week later had an informal interview with HR. It was a long process but I did get a job off and accepted the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised that they would conduct an interview on the spot.   Answer Question
    There was none

Administrative Assistant Interview

You will meet with HR, department managers, division heads and sometimes the GM. I had to spend 3 hours on the first day and than after waiting for 30 minutes for the final interview with the FB director I was told to come back a different day for the final interview. I also had a phone interview with the HR manager prior to meeting with the department head and assistant managers. The phone interview was the generic question and answer. The interview with the department head was casual but the final interview was very formal with professional tones.

Interview Questions
    • How will you contribute to the success of our mission and goals   Answer Question
    negotiation is not an option. take it or leave it.