Hyatt

Relevance Date Difficulty

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager
Ludhiana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hyatt in October 2012.

Interview Details Quickest response after submitting my application. Interview was done on telephone however was detailed enough for me to present myself and to understand the company

Intern Interview

Intern
Calcutta

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in October 2011.

Interview Details initially there was a mail sent by the college which included my resume, then a date was fixd for the interview at the college. after the personal interview they sent a offer letter and then we had to send a copy of it back to the hotel accepting the terms and condition of the hotel..

Interview Question – no such difficult question was asked.... but they were focusing on the basic technical knowledge....   Answer Question

Souschef Interview

Souschef
Chennai

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hyatt in August 2010.

Interview Details personal round, panel interview, gm interview, hr manager round, food trial

Interview Question – what is your expectation in next 5 years   View Answers (9)

Negotiation Details – good as in competitive market

Font Desk Supervisor Interview

Font Desk Supervisor
Aurangābād, Maharashtra

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hyatt in December 2008.

Interview Details Was hired through Campus Interview

Interview Question – Very General Questions, nothing technical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Commis II Interview

Commis II
New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in October 2010.

Interview Details It was an one on one interview with the Executive Sous Chef. The Chef was very calm and decent and the interview wasc pretty good, just one advice for everyone is be confident in whatever you say, fgollowed by food trial after a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself & why do you want to join this hotel?   View Answer
  • Why I wanted to be a chef?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as I was a fresher, but their is an ample opportunities for negotiations however, you should have the previous employers salary slip to negotiate as a proof.

Front Office Agent Interview

Front Office Agent
Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details I was contacted via phone 2 days after I applied for the position and was asked to come in for an interview. I met with the front office manager and he asked basic questions...what's your goal, why do you want to work for Hyatt...nothing difficult. A few min later I met with the assistant director of rooms and we just spoke casually about the property, company and my past experience.

Interview Question – If I could be any shoe, what kind would I be   View Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in March 2014.

Interview Details I got a call from the hiring manager asking me to come in for an interview but he was not going to be in. I interviewed with the assistant manager who was leaving next week to a different department. They asked basic questions such as why you would think you would be the best candidate, what are your strengths and weaknesses, why Hyatt, and so on and so forth

Interview Question – Why would you want to work at Hyatt instead of any other hotel in the city?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, pay and benefits were firm

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Hyatt

Interview Details typicall interview nothing extensive or any difficult questions you go through 3 interviews very easy typical questions it felt like the interview is just to see what type of personality you have and what type of person you are

Assistant Banquet Manager Interview

Assistant Banquet Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hyatt.

Interview Details I interviewed with a recruiter at a campus job fair before graduation. The recruiter had an informational seminar they day before the job fairs and scheduled interviews at the job fair. The recruiter likes to see that you are prepared, as you should be. Fill out the application and job test online beforehand and turn in a copy in person. Recruiters are very personable and want to get an idea about the person, not necessarily about technical skills and knowledge. Also, you are asked to give the top 3 locations you would prefer and they make you offer based on those if available.

Interview Question – Examples about turning around situations with customer care, why this specific industry, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate much, all trainees are brought in at a specific salary based on the area and hotel income. Benefits package is nice and there is a raise in 6 months and each year.

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hyatt in November 2013.

Interview Details HR process was very disorganized. I had to deal with two different recruiters, and the communication was horrible. Once I made it through that gauntlet and was able to talk to real employees, the process was great.

Interview Question – The global head of technology asked me so many difficult and thoughtful questions I can't recall most of them. Many were around my hobbies, dreams and aspirations. I left the interview so inspired I have never wanted a job so badly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation. Incredible environment to work in.

Worked for Hyatt? Contribute to the Community!