Hyatt

2.4

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludhiana
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludhiana

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hyatt in October 2012.

Quickest response after submitting my application. Interview was done on telephone however was detailed enough for me to present myself and to understand the company

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in October 2011.

initially there was a mail sent by the college which included my resume, then a date was fixd for the interview at the college. after the personal interview they sent a offer letter and then we had to send a copy of it back to the hotel accepting the terms and condition of the hotel..

Interview Questions
    • no such difficult question was asked.... but they were focusing on the basic technical knowledge....   Answer Question

Commis II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in October 2010.

It was an one on one interview with the Executive Sous Chef. The Chef was very calm and decent and the interview wasc pretty good, just one advice for everyone is be confident in whatever you say, fgollowed by food trial after a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself & why do you want to join this hotel?   View Answer
    • Why I wanted to be a chef?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate as I was a fresher, but their is an ample opportunities for negotiations however, you should have the previous employers salary slip to negotiate as a proof.

Souschef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hyatt in August 2010.

personal round, panel interview, gm interview, hr manager round, food trial

Interview Questions
    good as in competitive market

Font Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurangābād, Maharashtra
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurangābād, Maharashtra

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hyatt in December 2008.

Was hired through Campus Interview

None

Administrative Assistant Interview

You will meet with HR, department managers, division heads and sometimes the GM. I had to spend 3 hours on the first day and than after waiting for 30 minutes for the final interview with the FB director I was told to come back a different day for the final interview. I also had a phone interview with the HR manager prior to meeting with the department head and assistant managers. The phone interview was the generic question and answer. The interview with the department head was casual but the final interview was very formal with professional tones.

Interview Questions
    • How will you contribute to the success of our mission and goals   Answer Question
    negotiation is not an option. take it or leave it.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Hyatt.

I had an initial interview with the recruiting manager then she took me up to the front desk manager lastly I interviewed with assistant director of rooms. All were very friendly loved the fact I was a hospitality management graduate and had a great personality and were willing to bring me on board fresh out of school.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate but explained my long term goals of moving up in the company

Home Agent Guest Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hyatt in September 2014.

Completed an online application. Received a call a couple of weeks later to schedule an interview. My interview was the following day. The interviewer was pleasant. She went over the duties of the position and the requirements the hotel has set forth for home agents and well as onsite agents. Basic interview questions and the entire conversation lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Before we ended the called, she informed me that a background check and employee verification was the next step, and that there were other applicants still needing to be interviewed and I would hear back in 5-7 days.

6 days later I received a call offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult, if you are knowledgeable of the customer service and sales field. My suggestion is to be honest and build rapport with the interviewer quickly.   Answer Question
    The pay rate is already set. Negotiation was involved in the process.

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL (US)

I had a very personal one-on-one interview with the Payroll Manager who was very inviting and comfortable to speak with. The interview played out like a natural conversation between the Payroll Manager and I where she'd discuss the company industry, reorganizations taking place, the new systems implementations that were needed and about to be rolled out, etc. In return, I'd bounce off her presentation of the company and Payroll Coordinator role, sharing my previous experiences and knowledge that would allow me to team up and make significant contributions to the department that i felt were necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the Payroll Coordinator position. I felt very welcomed and optimistic walking out of my interview, thinking that I connected with the Payroll Manager on a professional and personal level. The interview lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions
    • No questions in particular, accept the ones you have for the Payroll Manager herself. This was a conversation/discussion, not a traditional Q&A interview.   Answer Question

Front Office Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hyatt.

I was contacted via phone 2 days after I applied for the position and was asked to come in for an interview. I met with the front office manager and he asked basic questions...what's your goal, why do you want to work for Hyatt...nothing difficult. A few min later I met with the assistant director of rooms and we just spoke casually about the property, company and my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • If I could be any shoe, what kind would I be   View Answer