IBM Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
2,175 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

3 rounds of telephonic interview, aptitude test, manager interview, same questions repeated by all the panels . It wasn't very difficult but you should understand the basics well. They'll ask about ur other interests n all

very simple

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in September 2014.

The first round was divided into two parts- 20 questions on number series and then 20 questions were aptitude based on percentage, shares, time and work, etc The level of difficulty is a bit more than average, so practise well! Also, each question has a timer of 2:15 minutes, so read the question carefully and then act fast on it.
    Around 50% students got eliminated here and the other 50 went for online verbal test. It had 20 questions in 22 minutes and the questions were based on business email writing like how do you write the address or how should you sign a document, etc. This one, like the previous, was difficult for an average person too. Again, 50% got eliminated.
    The rest went for PI which was basic HR round, they ask you about everything you've mentioned in CV, ranging from final year project to intern to your family background, so prep well for it.

Interview Questions
    • they asked me about my family and my views on Arnab Goswami! IBM's PIs are very unpredictable.   Answer Question
    NO negotiation since it was a campus drive

Applications Developer Interview

IBM conducted one telephonic and another f2f interview. Telephonic was technical while f2f was hr interview. Both lasted for around half an hour. Questions were easy and related to the job requirement. Hiring process is accomplished online from beginning though end.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. All questions were basic to the technology and if interviewee has got good practical experience he/she can answer all.   Answer Question
    Ask for good compensation/joining bonus as you might not get good hikes once you have joined the company.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied online - interviewed at IBM in May 2010.

it is good and depends on interviewer/ Questions asked based on the resume and from the tasks mentioned. It is good to be prepared with the resume and mentioned points in it

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at IBM in August 2010.

Hiring was through face to face interviews post a written test. The written test was held in a college based on which I was selected for the interview in a college

NA

Fresher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM.

Started with an aptitude test, a very lengthy one. Included Quants, Verbal. Followed by a GD, the topic was "Influence of Politics on Media", then a personal interview which included technical questions and some general questions such as 'tell me something about yourself'

Interview Questions
    • Very common though somewhat difficult: 'Why do you want to join our company'   Answer Question

It was a job offer during diploma... i wanted to study more. Do my bachelors.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in June 2014.

1 min of english speaking on any topic of your choice.Immediate result will be announced.Followed by an interview will be there.Intervoew will be based on just your CV.Be sure and clear about your CV preparation

SAP Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in March 2011.

1.Written test
    2.Group Discussion
    3. Interview(some times they will have 2 interviews ) but in my case only one interview was done.
    technical+ HR interview

some simple C programs were asked like multiplication of two matrices.
    willingness to work any where

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thānesar
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thānesar

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in September 2013.

Myself from NIT Kurukshetra. IBM visited our campus on 28 September 2013. Though with civil background, I was hired as developer only because of NIT tag. Process was as follows:
    1) Aptitude Test - Sample paper available online, solve all and you will definitely make it. Some questions were tricky. Thoroughly practice all papers specially series ones.
    2) English Test - Objective paper, basic question on letter writing.
    3) Personal Interview - Questions were asked from resume only. Mainly english speaking was checked in interview. If you are fluent, you are through.

Interview Questions
    • Series was like this
      1,11,21,1211,111221,..
      Find next term in sequence
        View Answer

Got another job offer

Technical Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at IBM in May 2014.

There will be 4 rounds of interview the first maybe a jam or gd then it is the voice and accent round , hr round , operations round , every round is an elimination round be brief with your answers and give a good explanation if they feel to be clarified , if you can practice US English accent for better recognition.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you get $ 1 million ?   View Answer

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!