IBM

Updated 15 Dec 2014
2,322 Interview Reviews

2.8

Confidential Interview

There are three rounds of interview - technical, pdm and offer roll out. The process takes almost complete day and there are usually weekend drives on which mega recruitment drives happen. The offer roll out phase can take 2-3 months also

take it or leave it

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Hiring process is so easy. I was selected on campus. Stay calm and confident.They have come to hire you just show them what you are. A very friendly interview process i have seen so far.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are easy . They will ask few codes to write , easy codes.They can ask you anything realted to your projects if you have done any in your college.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I had given interview at IBM on July 2011, they asked about java related questions.
    4 rounds were there, Online, Technical, GD and HR round.
    In Online, it was fully aptitude and C related questions.
    In technical, it was related to java and oops concept and also searching/sorting questions
    GD was ok, HR round discussion was also ok

Technical Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM.

1. Online Aptitute round
    2. Personal communication round
    3. Technical interview/Management interview

1. in the first round, only question on quantitative aptitude were asked, and that too, only from the topics, percentage and unitary method. No verbal or logical questions. They were quite easy.

2. Second round was like a normal HR round. They asked me common HR questions. They just want people with good communication skills. So how you are speaking matters much more than what you are speaking. Just be confident and you are in. (Some people were asked to explain their projects. But again, they just want to examine your communication skills).

3. I dont know why they called it a 'technical interview'. No technical questions were asked from me. The interviewer just asked me about my family. That's it. Although i came to know that the other interviewer was asking a few technical questions (cloud computing). But then again, as they mentioned it very clearly, they do only want people with good communication skills; technical skills are secondry (or tertiary according to me :p).

Interview Questions
    They told me that your maximum salary for this post could be 3lakhs.

it was good with 5 rounds:
    written test- it was a good one. There was timing in this
    essay - asked to write a business letter. This was an easy one but many got rejected in this.
    technical-core questions were asked
    hr-easy one normal company related stuff was asked
    done!!!!!!!

Fresher-Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at IBM in November 2014.

We had to appear for a aptitude test which consisted of 36 questions 18 from number series and 18 from Quantitative. Number series were little hard but can be solved if you practice few previous years placement papers. Then quants had questions from time and work, profit and loss, ratio, time and distance.
    Each question had a timer of 2.15 mins.
    Only Those who cleared this round could appear in the english assessment test consisting of 22 questions within 20 minutes.
    Then there was a technical cum hr interview.

Interview Questions
    Since I was a fresher no negotiation

Associate Partner Interview

Hiring and interview process is not complicated. First round-written test, second round-HR round and third round-operational round. According to me operational round the toughest one because interviewer usually analyze the in and outs of applicant at a deeper level.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if you get better job oppurtunity after 6 months(testing my stabilty)?   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate much. According to my experiance the best answer can be as salary should be as per company standards or approx. 30-50% salary hike.

Software Engineer Interview

Hiring Process was divided into 3 steps:-
    1. first was aptitude online exam. It was based aptitude MCQ. I would say the difficulty was 6 out of 10. But, shortlisting depends on percentile not on percentage.
    2. aptitude round was followed with a English online exam. It was relatively harder than aptitude, many people were shortlisted in this round(more than I expected).
    3. Final round was the F2F interview. It was mostly based on C/C++ questions(i would say pretty easy) along with some questions from real world scenarios and what would you do if you are in such a situation. And remember to go through your projects that you have done in past(they will finish on this).

Interview Questions
    • There was a flood in Kedarnath. They asked me, "What steps would have I taken to find out the number of missing people during the flood?"   Answer Question

They were not so clear on bond and package during placement procedure. After couple of months of waiting, I got an offer letter with 1 year bond/1Lac INR and a package of 2.9Lacs/annum. Which was clearly less that what they specified.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I had to go through an aptitude test and then a English language communication test. I passed the test and then I had an interview the following day.The interviewer was cool, he let me feel home and it all went like I was talking to a friend like any other day

Interview Questions
    • Being an electrical engineer why would you join IBM?   View Answer
    There was no such thing

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Two written rounds followed by an interview that is more of a HR round.
    1- First written round comprises of two sections, firstly series completion and secondly, quantitative aptitude. There is time limit of around 2 minutes for each.
    2- English Section- common grammar questions and questions on email etiquette.