IBM

2.8

Technical Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM.

1. Online Aptitute round
    2. Personal communication round
    3. Technical interview/Management interview

1. in the first round, only question on quantitative aptitude were asked, and that too, only from the topics, percentage and unitary method. No verbal or logical questions. They were quite easy.

2. Second round was like a normal HR round. They asked me common HR questions. They just want people with good communication skills. So how you are speaking matters much more than what you are speaking. Just be confident and you are in. (Some people were asked to explain their projects. But again, they just want to examine your communication skills).

3. I dont know why they called it a 'technical interview'. No technical questions were asked from me. The interviewer just asked me about my family. That's it. Although i came to know that the other interviewer was asking a few technical questions (cloud computing). But then again, as they mentioned it very clearly, they do only want people with good communication skills; technical skills are secondry (or tertiary according to me :p).

Interview Questions
    They told me that your maximum salary for this post could be 3lakhs.

it was good with 5 rounds:
    written test- it was a good one. There was timing in this
    essay - asked to write a business letter. This was an easy one but many got rejected in this.
    technical-core questions were asked
    hr-easy one normal company related stuff was asked
    done!!!!!!!

Associate Partner Interview

Hiring and interview process is not complicated. First round-written test, second round-HR round and third round-operational round. According to me operational round the toughest one because interviewer usually analyze the in and outs of applicant at a deeper level.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if you get better job oppurtunity after 6 months(testing my stabilty)?   View Answer
    I wasn't able to negotiate much. According to my experiance the best answer can be as salary should be as per company standards or approx. 30-50% salary hike.

Software Engineer Interview

Hiring Process was divided into 3 steps:-
    1. first was aptitude online exam. It was based aptitude MCQ. I would say the difficulty was 6 out of 10. But, shortlisting depends on percentile not on percentage.
    2. aptitude round was followed with a English online exam. It was relatively harder than aptitude, many people were shortlisted in this round(more than I expected).
    3. Final round was the F2F interview. It was mostly based on C/C++ questions(i would say pretty easy) along with some questions from real world scenarios and what would you do if you are in such a situation. And remember to go through your projects that you have done in past(they will finish on this).

Interview Questions
    • There was a flood in Kedarnath. They asked me, "What steps would have I taken to find out the number of missing people during the flood?"   Answer Question

They were not so clear on bond and package during placement procedure. After couple of months of waiting, I got an offer letter with 1 year bond/1Lac INR and a package of 2.9Lacs/annum. Which was clearly less that what they specified.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

I had to go through an aptitude test and then a English language communication test. I passed the test and then I had an interview the following day.The interviewer was cool, he let me feel home and it all went like I was talking to a friend like any other day

Interview Questions
    • Being an electrical engineer why would you join IBM?   View Answer
    There was no such thing

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Two written rounds followed by an interview that is more of a HR round.
    1- First written round comprises of two sections, firstly series completion and secondly, quantitative aptitude. There is time limit of around 2 minutes for each.
    2- English Section- common grammar questions and questions on email etiquette.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview process is quite technical .You need good communication skill also.As you might require to travel and talk across the world.You need to have good technical knowledge on your subject.Interview will be telephonic.

Software Developer Interview

it was nice.
    I had a nice experience in the interview.
    attended 4 rounds.
    1> telephonic technical interview for half and hour.
    2> Program exercise(3 programs ).
    3> Face to face technical interview for about 2:30 hours.
    finally they introduced me to senior manager just for 10-15 min(casual talk).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at IBM in October 2014.

first round:aptitude online test
    second round:english again its online
    and interview round asked basics c,c++
    and asked what is ur fav subject...i said os on os they asked
    operating system:what is thrashing concept,,what is deadlock,, what is semaphore and in mangeral round they asked about ma project....
    and about final year project

Interview Questions
    • if i invest u 5lakh rs on ur project...then what u will return me as a product   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Worst.No management and valid justifications.Hire in bulk and don't value cream candidates.They called as scheduled interview but it happened to be walkins Suggestion to never go for it.Went at 10 am in morning,got 1st round done at 6 pm.No management of HR operations at all.

Interview Questions
    • Asked in HR round to work for just in 10 percent hike and don't expect much later upfront.   View Answer