IBM

Getting the Interview

115 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details 2 Rounds, 1 Technical and 1 Management Round

Interview Question – Why this Job Change?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 50 Thousand Range

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at IBM in September 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process was smooth, While the interview process was a bit rocky...
Invited for the technical interview, Made to wait for 20 mins. Technical interviewer finishes the interview. Made to wait for 2 hours to inform that the Mangerial round of interview will not happen the same day. Had to travel to IBM office after a couple of weeks and the interviewer was rude as he was asked to take this interview all of a sudden and he didnt have time for me. FInished the interview, no salary negotiation.
Offer letter was send by courier in a weeks time, well behaved HRs. HRs responded to all queries.

Interview Question – All straight forward questions in technical round
Managerial round was with open ended questions and interviewer showed lack of interest in interviewing.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, the Manager didnt have time

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM.

Interview Details quantitative aptitude followed by gd, interview was pretty easy, all basic c, c++ questions

Interview Question – questions from c, c++, data structures   Answer Question

Software Engineer

Interview Details it was a four round interview in college premises. First round was aptitude. Little preperation is enough to clear it. The next was a Group discussion, technical and HR. All rounds were really easy to clear. In technical also no twisting questions were asked. But make sure that we have to be good at Series, matrices, etc...

Interview Question – There will not be any difficult questions. But some technical questions like recursions, inverter diagrams,, etc will be asked   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations as per salary is concerned because it was alreay fixed in prior to the interview process.

Interviewed at IBM

Interview Details Hi Friends,

Here are some questions I faced. Hope they are useful to others.

1. Tell us something about yourself.
2. Do you have any other qualities which you have not mentioned in the CV?
3. What are your limitations? What are you doing to overcome them?
4. Why should you be hired for this position?
5. Which is your favourite sport? Why?
6. What would you do if a dam in your vicinity breaks and you find your village surrounded by water all of a sudden?
7. Your performance in engineering has not been as good as 10th and 12th. Why?
8. What are your hobbies?
9. What do you want to work at IBM?
10.What do you know about IBM?
11.How do you rate your learning skills?
12. Would you like to ask me any questions?

Interview Question – write a program on double linked list?   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at IBM in June 2010.

Interview Details Aptitude Written Test , 2 technical written test , 2 technical interviews , 1 managerial

Interview Question – Database normalization process   View Answer

Bangalore

Interview Details IBM started with an online aptitude test. Questions were very much confusing, and i dint see the point of those.
After that interview process was very smooth. Though they dint gave choice for location. They just choose randomly people on based of written for various locations.
They did gave many offer letters but the package was not up to what other companies offers for same position. Even the don't have much perks as other IT companies of same league

Interview Question – I dont remember the exact question, but they grilled us down in C programming.
You must have deep C knowledge to clear C interview process.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Coimbatore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at IBM in September 2012.

Interview Details It was a campus recruitment process. First it started with an written test which was easy. Almost 80% of those who wrote cleared the test. Then we had letter writing in which we have write a letter to a client about an addv. This was the point were many got rejected. Then it was GD and an HR interview.

Interview Question – Interview is just HR for all mechanical students and all cleared the interview   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IBM in January 2010.

Interview Details For freshers they hire from campus generally tier1-2 colleges like NIT,IIITs

For experience teamlead will take your interview and 1-2 team members also

Interview Question – There was nothing like difficult question , they just ask for what they want you to know   View Answer

Bangalore

I applied through college or university - interviewed at IBM in March 2010.

Interview Details IBM's fresher recruitment includes, aptitude, technical test, GD, Technical interview and HR interview. Technical round will be easy if you have scored good scores in technical test.

Interview Question – HR interview is lengthy and includes some stress interview also.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at IBM

Worked for IBM? Contribute to the Community!

IBM Videos

IBM – Why Work for Us?

Join us. Where forward-thinking IBMers are inspired to build a smarter planet. Be an innovator Whether you're fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is a company where you can cultivate your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IBM Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 115 interview reviews posted anonymously by IBM employees and interview candidates.