IKEA Interview Questions

Updated 12 Apr 2015
Updated 12 Apr 2015

2.5

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at IKEA.

Interview

lengthy, IKEA is not quick in the process or decision making when it comes to manager level positions. They are very careful to hire the right fit for the culture, organization and the position

Negotiation

normal

Swedish Market & Bistro Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at IKEA (Elizabeth, NJ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 different people, I thought I did good. But was told they will prepare paperwork and get back to me I'm not sure about this but I will know in 48hrs

Interview Questions

• asked me where do I see myself in the near future   1 Answer

Flow Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

It was very cordial an informal as far as the atmosphere was concerned. They bring in team leaders from different departments and just sort of feel tou out. Definitely not judgemental or discriminatory at all. They were very open to answering questions and providing feedback as well. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment where you were struggling at work..how did you fix the problem   Answer Question

Sales Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

It was a group interview and it was fairly easy. The HR woman was very nice and asked simple questions about the company. She also made us pick an item out of a bag and we had to figure out what it was and then present it to the group which I thought was fun.

Intelligence & Omni-channel Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I had an successful interview with an agency and they introduces me to IKEA for the position. IKEA cancelled the job to look for a non Manager to full the job position.

Carts Coworker - Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I first applied for the Carts Coworker position online when I saw the listing posted. I heard back from them soon about an interview over the phone. After a quick and easy phone interview of about 15 minutes I received an email inquiring about an in-person interview. That was the first interview that was in-person and it took about an hour. I was with another candidate and we were required to fill out a similar application form to the one online. After we were engaged in a fun and short exercise where the candidates learned and talked about each other. The managers then took us separately and interviewed us asking some questions. A couple weeks later a background check was done and that's when they called for a second in-person interview. In my case I was recommended for the cashier position instead of the carts position. The second interview interview was to finish up some additional questions as well as submit a drug test and fill out an official hour sheet. Overall the interview process took a while (about a month or so), but it was pretty smooth and not the most difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for IKEA? Explain a time where you had to provide customer service. Have you ever had to work with employees of a different culture?   1 Answer

General Warehouse Co-Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Quite an extensive process, took about a month from start to finish. First it was submitting an application online... about 2 weeks later you'll get a call from HR asking you basic questions such as availability, why you are suited for the job and are you still interested etc. If you're successful they'll invite you to a group interview. The group interview was fun, you'll meet a lot of people there. They'll put you in groups of about 5 and give you different tasks such as selling a product, building a product. Then there are 1 on 1 interviews with the HR people. Afterwards if you made it they'll give you a call asking you whether you want to accept the job offer and then you'll have an induction from there on.

Safety & Security Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at IKEA.

Interview

Not hard at all. Prefer people with same job experience. Made you feel comfortable. Asked about 5 to 10 interview questions. Dressed professional…………………………………………… Don't know what else to say.

Indirect Tax Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I applied online through the company website and I got a reaction around a week later.
    First there was a short phone interview around 30 minutes that focus on discussing my CV and basic questions about the company and why I would like to work there.
    Their time planning and my availability did not allow us to move to the next stage.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Interview

I applied online, and within just a few days, had a brief phone interview. The interviewer asked about my general availability. I was called in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was casual. A conversation more than a Q&A session. By the time I got to my car, I had an email asking me to complete a background check. They checked my references, verified my recent employment as well as my schooling. I have been asked to come back for a second interview. Hopefully all will go well!

Interview Questions

• One question was: Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question