IKEA

Updated 26 Feb 2015

2.6

Indirect Tax Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

I applied online through the company website and I got a reaction around a week later.
    First there was a short phone interview around 30 minutes that focus on discussing my CV and basic questions about the company and why I would like to work there.
    Their time planning and my availability did not allow us to move to the next stage.

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

I applied online, and within just a few days, had a brief phone interview. The interviewer asked about my general availability. I was called in for an in-person interview with the hiring manager. The interview was casual. A conversation more than a Q&A session. By the time I got to my car, I had an email asking me to complete a background check. They checked my references, verified my recent employment as well as my schooling. I have been asked to come back for a second interview. Hopefully all will go well!

Interview Questions
    • One question was: Describe a time you went the extra mile for a customer.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

Applied online, got invited to a group interview and then a call-back for a second interview. The group interview was pretty relaxed and easy, we had to give a really short presentation about ourselves, then solve a task together as a group and then we had short individual interviews.

Second interview was individual and like a normal interview.

Interview Questions
    • How I would be able to cope with doing the same non-creative tasks every day.   Answer Question

Ikea Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at IKEA.

I had one phone interview and two in person interviews. The Human Resources department was very friendly and the questions were pretty straight forward. Overall, it was a good experience.

IT Coworker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at IKEA.

They have certain questions that they have to ask in the interview that are already pre worded. When I was hired there was no technical portion, but when I was interviewing candidates for my position I added a technical portion of the interview in order to select the right kind of candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge you had at work and explain how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    They let me know about normal compensation for the role, asked if I was looking at other places and if I had any offers on the table (always say yes to this). Negotiated a little more than the average that this position makes but it was still very low comparitively.

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IKEA.

Initially I was contacted for a phone interview, they asked to me something about my curriculum and my english competences, then they sent me three tests to do online.
    After the results of the three tests they sent to me an email containing all the details for the group interview.

The group interview lasted all the day from 9 am to 5 pm.
    It was composed by 4 steps and it was a group interview.
    1. Your personal presentation: 3-4 minutes where you have to argue about yourself, your experience and you have to describe yourself as a piece of furniture.
    2. Organize a trip for somebody coming from abroad and schedule everything: the trains, meeting, activity; always considering the budget.
    3. English test: there were two texts to analyze and some question to answer, there were some words to add in some phrases and something about grammatical rules.
    (lunch offered by ikea)
    4. Interview with somebody of the human resources, they asked something more about yourself and told you immediately if you could be contacted again or not.

It was a nice experience, they were very professional. I didn't get an offer because I had not a professional experience before.

Data Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at IKEA.

The assesment centre was a comedy. It was organised for 2 totally different positions with circa 15 people. All exercises with 15 people together, it was just a fight to say a word. People selected to the next round, where skills for position will be finally measured (!), I am sorry to say but there were those with the least experience and with the worst communication skills. A feedback on the performance (?) was promised to receive in one week time at latest, 6 weeks are gone and nothing happened.
    So, is the IKEA who prefers the youngest people with no necessarily skills and experience and pay them less?

Safety & Security Co-Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in January 2015.

I applied online and received a phone call from an IKEA recruiter about two weeks later for a phone screen. The phone screen went well and I was told that I would get a call from someone at the store within the next two weeks to schedule an in person interview. Just like the recruiter said I received a call from the Safety & Security manager at the store to schedule an interview. The first interview was with the Safety & Security manager and the person who would be training me. Both were very friendly and the interview was laid back. One week later I received a call from the HR manager to schedule a second interview which was going to be with her, which again was pretty laid back and friendly. A few days later I was offered the job and accepted. Drug test was completed at the store with HR and my manager, also filled out some paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • There were not really any difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process, just basic situation questions that pertain to the job you are applying for. If you have experience in the job you are applying for this makes it pretty easy.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at IKEA in January 2015.

The process was extremely slow. Communication was slow and weeks between follow up emails or calls regarding the process or next steps. Unaware if the job has been filled or not. No one has taken a moment to contact me or reply to my email to follow up on the status of the position since the interview. Communication is key in HR and even when busy, we must appropriately communicate with candidates we have held face to face interviews with.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gothenburg (Sweden)
    Anonymous Employee in Gothenburg (Sweden)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at IKEA in January 2015.

Online personality profile and reasoning tests. There are a lot of questions to answer in a very short time and it is more important to answer 100% correctly than answer as many as you can. I answered 50% of the questions, however I got almost 100% correct. The next stage was a frantic 1 hour phone call where the mobile signal dropped 3 times and this disturbed the flow. The interviewer's english was not the best, and she had trouble keeping up with me. The overall experience was not the best as the audio quality was not perfect and she asked some detailed questions, however in her feedback complained to me that I was too detailed in my responses.. get what you ask for is one statement that springs to mind.

Anyway, after a grilling on project delivery, the results of the personality profile were discussed. The interviewers interpretation (if that is what actually happens.. rather than a machine telling her!) of my profile was nothing like I am in real life, so she kept referring to me as someone who needs to run things by the book, and in real project delivery, you have control mechanisms and frameworks and methodology to provide the "book" as she referred to, however you must adapt to sudden changes in scope, issues / risks, timing, costs etc... so you do, and trying to explain this to her, it was obvious that she did not understand me. In her feedback she complained that it was hard for her to follow me, however I have no accent whatsover and speak with a very clear, precise and slow english (many years dealing with foreigners it is a must!).

I would have liked to have been given the chance for a real interview, however I was not.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a typical project delivery and how you engage your stakeholders   View Answer