IMS Health

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2013.

Interview Details First Round : Technical + Aptitude
Technical questions related to programming in C, Data Structures, DBMS, SQL, Computer Networks
Aptitude questions included LR, DI questions along with basic questions

Second Round : Technical Interview
Questions related to Software testing, DBMS, SQL
They won't go deeper into programming but will ask basics

Third Round : HR
Some quick puzzles

Interview Question – It was an easy process, the most important thing is how you present yourself.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in July 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process consist of 1 written test (Aptitude+ Technical )then 1 technical round and 1 hr round. in the first round they ask 60 aptitude and 60 technical question then 1 technical round in this round they will ask from your resume and at last in HR round they will ask some puzzles.

Interview Question – The most difficult question that comes to me is one puzzle and some business related questions. overall its average process not so difficult. and some question in the written test are quite tough which takes times to solve. overall they give 2 hours to solve whole question paper. it will complete before the time.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
New Delhi

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at IMS Health in August 2012.

Interview Details Telephonic & face to face interview was conducted after the HR round. Then the offer was rolled out. It was not a very tough interview but revolved around my then current profile

Interview Question – Why do you want to switch   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details Long drawn out; the HR rounds were quick and crisp but the operations people took forever to respond and faulted on pre- appointed interview timings multiple times without intimation or regret. The operations people who came for the interview didn't appear like they had specific questions in mind or a structured process; it was all quite random.

Interview Question – Why did you get married to the one you got married to!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Stick to your ground and ask for what you want. The company is growing, and they re likely to meet your requirements.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at IMS Health in June 2013.

Interview Details 1. Technical Round - Started from basics and then went to advanced. Took almost an hr.
2. Manager Round - Most toughest round. Sr Manager will check your attitude, management skills, etc.
3. HR Round - Was easy. Basically checks your background and then salary negotiation happens.

Interview Question – Why IMS Health   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nice. They were giving nice hike.

Cobol Developer Interview

Cobol Developer

Interviewed at IMS Health

Interview Details Two technical rounds and then a Manager round followed by HR round. Technical rounds were tough and it really goes into basics. Other rounds were typical and easy. HRs were reasonable enough to allow for a complete notice period and the questioning was consistent and to the point

Interview Question – Dynamic allocation of files using COBOL program   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had other offers in hand

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

Interview Details The pre-interview screening call was fairly standard but the face-to-face interview was a bit of a shocker. Firstly, I was surprised that a recruiter was assigned to go over my first technical discussion. When the interview began, it became clear the recruiter was ill-equipped to do a 'Technical Writing' interview. Further, the recruiter lacked the patience to listen to my complete answer and kept cutting me off. And not in a stress-interview way, but in an unprofessional way. It went further south when I was given a written test by the same recruiter. I was asked to write a short article. Just as I started collecting my thoughts, the recruiter got on a call with a Hiring Manager (H.M.) using the phone in the conference room and started talking with him about a certain batch of profiles that had been sent but there had been no response from the H.M.. Yes, this happened while I was asked to *write* about an impromptu topic.

It is true when they say the H.R. team is the face of the organization. While I only interacted with just one person in this company, I will carry a bias against IMS Health for a long time to come.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at IMS Health in April 2014.

Interview Details Got call from HR. The process include, 2 telephonic, 1 managerial and 1 HR round. The questions were very simple, basic and straight forward. The want to make sure the candidate has good understanding of the basics.

Interview Question – No question as such.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company has its own standard.

Data Analyst Interview

Data Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at IMS Health.

Interview Details had a round of written test on the basis of which they shortlisted candidates for further rounds, then we had to write a paragraph on My Aspirations, then there were round of 3 interviews. all the rounds were good, organized in a well coordinated manner and people doing the hiring appeared professional and were good. Asked Questions about Career , life, Personality, Hobbies, what projects did in the past and about family, Last round was longest round where they inquired everything about the Resume in detail, especially achievements and projects done in past , how were they done and what were the suggestions given and improvements done etc.

Interview Question – When said Good morning Mam asked What is good about this morning?   Answer Question

Trainee Engineer, GTSO Interview

Trainee Engineer, GTSO
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at IMS Health in January 2014.

Interview Details First a basic aptitude test on basic quantitative and verbal ability. The aptitude test was speed demanding though. Many questions with little time. The next round was a technical aptitude test(coding and computer ability). the last stage was a PI.

Interview Question – Many and detailed questions on coding and computer related knowledge. Questions on C, C++, Java, DBMS, SQL. Difficult for someone from a non computer science background to tackle   Answer Question

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!