Informatica Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

3.3

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Informatica (Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh) in April 2015.

Interview

Written Test
    3-4 Technical interview
    1-2 HR
    1 MR
    the written test consist of 75 minutes n there were 70 ques related to aptitude, OS, Linux, Programming. out of 340people 24had cleared the written test.
    Next was technical interview on the next day...I had not cleared the test so I was not allowed for further rounds

Interview Questions

• Some Question from the database, programming & algorithms   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica (Bangalore) in March 2015.

Interview

I had couple of technical rounds after that I was told that I was through with the round and they will be getting in touch with me soon for the further rounds, after 1 week they sent me an email saying that I was unable to clear the interview. Too weird hiring people spoiling the name of such a big brand.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica (Bangalore) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a full day of discussion started at 11:00AM. Started with filling a Candidate Information Form where you need specify the job history, skill set, current CTC, Expected CTC etc. Had around 4 rounds of technical discussion till evening. Lunch was also provided in between. Most of the discussion were most based on Core Java, Data Structures, Algorithms, design problems in distributed computing etc. Following to that, again called for a Director level discussion and HR discussion some days later to that. The director level discussion was all of a casual discussion on the job profile and understanding on the interest levels etc. The HR discussion was again a casual discussion on reason for change, assessment on the previous discussions, justification on the compensation, why Informatica etc. Further to that, told for sharing the latest 3 months payslip and hike letter for compensation evaluation and told like might need to come on another day for a 15 minutes discussion again on salary communication.
    The pathetic part started then. They prolonged it for a period of more than a week where I was holding back on other interview invites, accepting of other offers etc to hear from them. I indicated and followed up with them also several times to update on the status as early as possible. However, after repeated request, a mail came that I am not shortlisted for further discussion which really perplexed me. I even asked for a reason on what was the pro-longed delay as well as the reason for not going further. Nothing heard from them so far which I felt really unprofessional.

The most annoying things was they were not telling a clear date on when they will inform me on the final status and after long wait came back with a negative response. Hence, no more considering Informatica from my end also for a job position.

Interview Questions

• Pre-order traversal of a tree, volatile keyword and happen-before relationship, TreeMap implementation, smallest non-repeating sub-array.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica (Bangalore) in February 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the talent acquisition (TA) team of informatica. He initially started inquiring about my experience, role and salary.
    After sometime he started asking java related questions. I was taken back & was quite surprised and asked him if this was an interview. He said he would ask some basic Java questions for 10-15 min.
    Never before have i come across such an interview process where the TA start asking technical questions to short list a candidate. And quite frankly i was really embarrassed because they were doubting my basic capabilities, having worked for 8 years in top notch companies. I felt very reluctant to take questions from a TA person. I really felt bad that company like informatica is doing this sort of short listing.
    If they have so many applicants then let them short list by resume and then have a 10-15 min brief call done by a technical person instead of having such a process and spoiling their own reputation. I reluctantly proceeded and din't answer much about the java questions. He told he would get back and never did.Honestly even if they had called me i wouldn't have proceeded because i felt so bad about the treatment. I feel they are spoiling informatica reputation by conducting such interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you prevent deadlock?
      what's new in java 1.5?

1 Answer

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica (Vellore) in February 2015.

Interview

First an online test was conducted in which approx 200 students appeared and 12 were shortlisted for interview process. There were 5 rounds on technical round . Each round was elimination round .
    After first round 7 were remaning, after second round 4 , after third 2 , and after fourth , only one.
    Then went for an HR interview . I was lucky enough to be the only one to get selected.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were mostly on Data Structures and Algorithm , Database, Operating System, Unix commands, and lots of puzzles.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Informatica (Bangalore) in January 2015.

Interview

first round was telephonic round they just check your communication skills and i was called to a face to face interview the face to face interview went for about 1 hour. next round was after four weeks. Manager and one more team leader took the interview separately both 30 minutes each. they asked management questions and technical questions from engineering subjects.
    after two weeks i was called for one more interview face to face with the HR over skype.
    ALL these while i thought i am almost selected. but after two weeks they called me to inform that they cannot shortlist me and they can offer me internship . i said okay and after two weeks they called me for hr round. it has been two weeks since no call yet...disappointed with the procedure..they just build hope and let us down.

Interview Questions

• simple easy basic questions   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Informatica.

Interview

The one who is appearing for this interview should be able to create documentation,should have good communication skill technical skill. There will be an softs kill test and analytical skills test. late on selected candidate will be interviewed by technical team and after that by company HR.once get selected,there will be background check and certificate verification

Interview Questions

• questions are not that difficult if you have passion for the applied job.They will ask you guys about the previous designations work responsibility etc etc.Pannel will ask you regarding the expected CTC etc.Will you be able to work in shift and all.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica (Pune) in December 2014.

Interview

Company had come to visit our campus .First was the pre placement talk followed by aptitude test(online).It included questions mainly on C, O.S, networking and UNIX.The test was conducted by Cocubes. The results were announced after 3 hrs. Only student selected was the General Secretary of our college.

Interview Questions

• What are processes which change their code during execution called?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Informatica.

Interview

There was an aptitude test which consisted of two sections:
    1. Logical section
    2. Basic CS

The logical section was simple, but the CS section was a little bit difficult. It mainly consisted questions related to OS, Networking, Java and algorithms.

After clearing this round we had 5 rounds of interview. 3 technical, 1 managerial and 1 HR.

The technical rounds mainly consisted of questions of OS(Unix scripting), DBMS(basic/complex queries), PL/SQL, Data warehousing, programs and puzzles.

The managerial round mainly consisted of questions related to HR and also puzzles.

Each round was an elimination round.

Interview Questions

• Read records from a .txt file and update the records in database using PL/SQL or Java   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica (Bangalore) in October 2014.

Interview

There were 4 rounds
    1-Technical MCQs (around 45mins)
    2-Subjective Technical round, where we had to write answers and small snippets.(10 questions, 45mins)
    3-Technical Interview
    4-HR Interview

All the rounds were fairly easy, the results of the 1st round was immediately announced, which was impressive, the second round was started immediately after that. Interview questions were mainly on C++, DBMS and Data Structures.

Interview Questions

• A unix program based on file management was unexpected.   Answer Question