Informatica

Updated 27 Feb 2015

3.3

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Informatica in February 2015.

It was a full day of discussion started at 11:00AM. Started with filling a Candidate Information Form where you need specify the job history, skill set, current CTC, Expected CTC etc. Had around 4 rounds of technical discussion till evening. Lunch was also provided in between. Most of the discussion were most based on Core Java, Data Structures, Algorithms, design problems in distributed computing etc. Following to that, again called for a Director level discussion and HR discussion some days later to that. The director level discussion was all of a casual discussion on the job profile and understanding on the interest levels etc. The HR discussion was again a casual discussion on reason for change, assessment on the previous discussions, justification on the compensation, why Informatica etc. Further to that, told for sharing the latest 3 months payslip and hike letter for compensation evaluation and told like might need to come on another day for a 15 minutes discussion again on salary communication.
    The pathetic part started then. They prolonged it for a period of more than a week where I was holding back on other interview invites, accepting of other offers etc to hear from them. I indicated and followed up with them also several times to update on the status as early as possible. However, after repeated request, a mail came that I am not shortlisted for further discussion which really perplexed me. I even asked for a reason on what was the pro-longed delay as well as the reason for not going further. Nothing heard from them so far which I felt really unprofessional.

The most annoying things was they were not telling a clear date on when they will inform me on the final status and after long wait came back with a negative response. Hence, no more considering Informatica from my end also for a job position.

Interview Questions
    • Pre-order traversal of a tree, volatile keyword and happen-before relationship, TreeMap implementation, smallest non-repeating sub-array.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in February 2015.

First an online test was conducted in which approx 200 students appeared and 12 were shortlisted for interview process. There were 5 rounds on technical round . Each round was elimination round .
    After first round 7 were remaning, after second round 4 , after third 2 , and after fourth , only one.
    Then went for an HR interview . I was lucky enough to be the only one to get selected.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked were mostly on Data Structures and Algorithm , Database, Operating System, Unix commands, and lots of puzzles.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Informatica.

The one who is appearing for this interview should be able to create documentation,should have good communication skill technical skill. There will be an softs kill test and analytical skills test. late on selected candidate will be interviewed by technical team and after that by company HR.once get selected,there will be background check and certificate verification

Interview Questions
    • questions are not that difficult if you have passion for the applied job.They will ask you guys about the previous designations work responsibility etc etc.Pannel will ask you regarding the expected CTC etc.Will you be able to work in shift and all.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune
    Anonymous Employee in Pune

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in December 2014.

Company had come to visit our campus .First was the pre placement talk followed by aptitude test(online).It included questions mainly on C, O.S, networking and UNIX.The test was conducted by Cocubes. The results were announced after 3 hrs. Only student selected was the General Secretary of our college.

Interview Questions
    • What are processes which change their code during execution called?   View Answer

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Informatica.

There was an aptitude test which consisted of two sections:
    1. Logical section
    2. Basic CS

The logical section was simple, but the CS section was a little bit difficult. It mainly consisted questions related to OS, Networking, Java and algorithms.

After clearing this round we had 5 rounds of interview. 3 technical, 1 managerial and 1 HR.

The technical rounds mainly consisted of questions of OS(Unix scripting), DBMS(basic/complex queries), PL/SQL, Data warehousing, programs and puzzles.

The managerial round mainly consisted of questions related to HR and also puzzles.

Each round was an elimination round.

Interview Questions
    • Read records from a .txt file and update the records in database using PL/SQL or Java   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Informatica in October 2014.

There were 4 rounds
    1-Technical MCQs (around 45mins)
    2-Subjective Technical round, where we had to write answers and small snippets.(10 questions, 45mins)
    3-Technical Interview
    4-HR Interview

All the rounds were fairly easy, the results of the 1st round was immediately announced, which was impressive, the second round was started immediately after that. Interview questions were mainly on C++, DBMS and Data Structures.

Interview Questions
    • A unix program based on file management was unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Interviews rounds are typical of any product company comprising of domain knowledge, analytical thinking, problem solving, technical skills, soft skills, cultural fitment.
    Total of 6/7 rounds: 1 Telephonic Rounds, 5 rounds in F2F followed by discussion with VP from US

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions for a Product Manager.
      If you are coming here, please BE PREPARED

Answer Question
    Company has scientific calculation to salary and there is not much room for negotiation. Only room is:
    Joining bonus, RSUs.

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Informatica.

1 round objective test: 4 sections
    logical,c/c++,os,dbms
    immediatly after the test results are announced
    shortlisted students have to appear for 2nd subjective test which is a written test
    OS,shell Scripting,c program,dbms
    the selected students have to go through 2-3 technical rounds
    finally there is hr round

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Informatica in September 2014.

The most difficult interview i have faced so far in my career. There were 8 rounds in total,
    4 rounds of technical interview (each 1hr) and the rest 4 rounds were non-technical.
    All the 8 rounds were completed in a single day. The complete Interview process was done very professionally and the interview panelists were very patient and supportive throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Design your own hash map. Multiple programs were asked during the technical rounds (around 5-6 pgms). They test your technical knowledge very thoroughly. Make sure you are well prepared before attempting interviews in Informatica.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Informatica in August 2014.

Round 1 : telephonic (Basic java with collections questions)
    F2f : 3 rounds : Each round had one coding exercise (Java File i/o, threads, remove duplicates in a list, print fibonocci series using recursion , binary tree traversal), one design exercise ( Design a logging utility, tiny URL service architecture), SQL Join queries,