Informatica

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Informatica in June 2012.

Interview Details The first question, was explaining about work profile which was good start to demonstrate technical capabilities and make good impression of expertise in domain and technologies. ( this is what we already write in our resume/profile, but it was chance given to explain out yourself).

Next question was to explain out current project architecture and implementation on big board. Here, had interactive session for 5-10 mins on process flow, different pros and cons of architecture design and explaining out how this design works with actual use cases. ( This works out to be good demonstration for what currently doing, so started with explaining project architecture SOA based layered architecture, emphasizing more on J2EE core design pattern, GOF design pattern for creational, behavioral and structural, also talking of solution components and how they are integrated like EJB, Webservices, JMS, Database, Quartz batch scheduler.

Next questions was sort in debate mode on clustering (application running on multiple server) and how application works. More specifically on batch scheduler running in cluster environment. Expectation was high level explanation how Quartz scheduler handlers cluster deployment.

Next question was on making MQ messages transactional in synchronous communication environment. Let's say I have an application which need to send out messages to two databases oracle and sybase, part of record is written in oracle remaining part of same message goes in sybase, so let's say if sybase transaction failed then how would you roll back whole transaction so that data in oracle is not inconsistency with sybase database

Interview Question – Tell me about your project   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Informatica in April 2014.

Interview Details I gave two written test than they called for two technical f2f rounds and HR round only if I clear first two technical rounds.
As per them, I cleared two technical rounds and they asked me to wait in a meeting room for HR round. I waited for 10-15 minutes then they said "HR Manager is busy in meeting. We will call you". I wrote emails, called them and no response, completely unprofessional.

Interview Question – Questions: convert BST to doubly linked list. Given 2D array of intergers, you can only traverse down and diagonally, find the maximum sum.   Answer Question

Software Engineer R&D Interview

Software Engineer R&D
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica in September 2013.

Interview Details First round online -all technical questions,multiple choice type.Second round onlie programming in Java/C++.4 rounds of face to face technical interview

Interview Question – There were questions on JAVA collections data structures.Some situations were give and was asked to identify the ideal Java collection to be used   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Informatica in May 2011.

Interview Details I got a call from recruiter and they arranged my telephonic interview with the Hiring Manager , it was mainly to check my java skill set as this role was of a white box tester / automation engineer. They called me for a face to face interview and I had another 6 rounds of technical interviews consisting of coding , puzzles , scenario based questions , sql , testing concepts.
After 2 days they called me for director round and I was offered.

Interview Question – data structures questions on linked list , java - maps / list / arrays related coding problems , designing your own Arraylist using the DS, sql - joins.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer in terms of compensation and work life balance.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Senior Sales Consultant
Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica in May 2011.

Interview Details Very smooth Interview process. Had 6 rounds of interview, but all of these were completed in less than 15 days. Salary Negotiation was also very smooth.

Interview Question – State 3 reasons why we should not select you   Answer Question

Senior Support Engineer Interview

Senior Support Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in May 2013.

Interview Details 1. Telephonic

Reason for Declining – salary is less when compared to QA

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica in October 2011.

Interview Details Hiring and Interview Process was very smooth. Fortunately my hiring manager and the interview panel were wonderful persons. The great thing is timing. They used to be available at the exact time whether it was a telecon or personal interview. Not even 5 sec delay. Also HR staffing coordinator who was involved in my overall recruitment process was a wonderful person who unfortunately left after I joined.

Interview Question – Compensation discussion.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Bangalore

I applied online - interviewed at Informatica in July 2013.

Interview Details Very tedious ,they will take some 7 to 9 rounds.

Interview Question – There were few unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer (R&D) Interview

Software Engineer (R&D)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in September 2013.

Interview Details Interview Details –
-2 online elimination tests: 1 Objective test(C,C++,DBMS,OS,DS), 1 Coding test(It basically consisted of 10 questions, Two coding questions(DB related scenario), some code-debugging questions, and some DS questions(tree, linked list)etc.)
-3 technical interview rounds(some had 4)
-1 HR interview

Few questions that were asked in technical interview are(boundary conditions were given much importance):
1) find level sum in a tree
2)bit wise swap (2 bits swap)
3)2 stacks one queue implementation
7)Implement heap
8)implement malloc
9)asked to draw E-R diagram for some scenario
10)Employee payment class design
11)given 2 strings, delete all the occurence of characters in string 2 from string 1.
12)remote procedure call
13)socket programming
14)semaphores and multithreading, with example (real-time)
15)hash map (top 100 transactions per day)
16)write query to find top 10 employee whose salary is maximum
17)write query to find Employee whose salary is second maximum
18)Count smaller elements on right side
19)P THREAD IMPLEMENTATION
20)STORAGE CLASSES
21)DISCUSSION ON PROJECT
22) Discussion on private constructors in singleton class

Interview Question – one senior interviewer was very rude and harsh.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Associate Technical Support Engineer
Dhārwād

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in July 2013.

Interview Details The process had 1 online test, 4 technical interviews then 1 HR interview.

Unlike other online tests, this test had only technical questions, out of 60, atleast 50 were technical questions. the topics were DBMS, oracle-PL/SQL, OS, C, data structures. 1 or 2 quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning.

The technical interviews were very interesting.., 1st interviewer made me write around 7 C programs, 4 of which were different types of implementing swapping of 2 numbers. Then sql queries, designing of database, os concepts etc...
I told them that i cant remember theoretic concepts and networks, so they they asked only practical aspects n designing concepts, dint ask any network questions.
2nd interviewer asked questions on C, data structures, algorithms and OS..., he thot me some new concepts that i dint know.
3rd interviewer made me solve around 20 puzzles, mathematical and logical.., after that he asked me to write 30 unix commands which excluded 20 other commands already written by some one else.., i added only 10 here..
the 4th technical interview was taken after HR interview. he asked a few personal questions, then jumped to os concepts and dbms concepts. then he asked details of my project and internship. at the end, he advised me to learn a few concepts like inode, codd's law etc..
HR interview was normal, he asked all the usual questions like introduce yourself, why join informatica, wat u kno abt informatica, why to hire you, will you relocate abroad?, what did you want, if not an engineer, why dint you be so, etc...
then asked to give example from my life which exhibits my decision making and adaptability.

Interview Question – Theoretic questions from operating system and Networks, i lack theoretic skill here, but i managed.   Answer Question

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!