Informatica

Getting the Interview

25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details Its tough to crack Informatica. I had almost 7 rounds + HR round. The grilled me on Data structures and algorithms, problem solving and basic java.

Interview Question – Data Structure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation becomes tough

Mysore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in August 2013.

Interview Details campus recruitment: Initially there was PPT by the company and then 2 written rounds, first multiple choice(20 DMBS questions, 15 C programming questions, 10 apptitude, 10 UNIX and OS questions) and second subjective/descriptive which had questions on shell scripts, puzzles, coding questions and on operating systems).

2 face to face technical interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult, just strong fundamentals required.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details Mine was an on-campus recruitment.
The process had 2 written rounds - 1 online objective + 1 subjective.
Followed by 3 technical rounds and 1 HR round.

Interview Question – They focus mainly on memory and pointers.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through other source - interviewed at Informatica in May 2013.

Interview Details 1st Round: Online Exam (10-Aptitude, 4-C programming , 4-database, 4-OS)
2rd Round: Computer Based Descriptive exam (3-C programming, 3-database, 3-OS)
3rd Round: Technical Face to Face (data structure, algorithm design, OS, database, SQL, Java, C, Project )
4th round: Technical face to face (same as above but hard questions )
5th round: HR

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you can try

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Informatica in February 2009.

Interview Details I had 6 rounds of technical interview.

Interview Question – Core java basics and tricky questions.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I interviewed at Informatica in July 2011.

Interview Details 2 Tech Written
followed by 2 Tech Interview
1 HR

Interview Question – Written test consisted of threading and string.h functions which you do not expect   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in September 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process is pretty complex. We had 7 rounds, 2 written and 5 rounds of interviews. The first written round was technical objective paper (10 puzzles type problems were also there). The next round was a theory paper which was to test your coding skills and knowledge about some very basic concepts in your field. This was followed by 4 rounds of technical interview. In these 4 rounds, you will be scrutinized properly but the interviewers were really nice and made sure that the person giving the interview feels at ease.
The last one is the HR round and has all basic questions related to yourself and some situation based questions.

Interview Question – If the profile is testing/QA, they will definitely test you if you have the correct mindset for that. They will ask you to test anything that they find in the interview room. It can be an AC Remote, a table, a telephone etc.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through campus placements.
2 written rounds + 3 tech rounds + 1 HR
Written round 1: Questions on OS, Databases, OOPs, data structures, trees/graphs
Written round 2: Option to choose either C or Java. I chose Java, Very deep questions from java concepts. Classes/ nested classes, inheritance, constructors etc. Types of questions included finding errors and predicting outputs. Also reaons had to be given for each answer as to why that was an error or why a particular output would come. 5 theoritical questions.
What data structures would you use in some given scenarios etc.

Interview: Could not clear round 1. Algorithm for shortest path in a binary matrix, A question from the written paper was asked, Some ques on OS

Interview Question – Optimizing recursive fibonacci series algorithm   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in December 2009.

Interview Details 4-5 technical interviews followed by 1-2 general discussion. Questions on data structures and algorithms , C++ and multithreading

Interview Question – Why do you want to leave your present company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Could not negotiate much on salary

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in December 2011.

Interview Details 2- written tests
3-tecnical interviews
HR interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – h

Interviews for Top Jobs at Informatica

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!

Informatica Videos

Informatica – Why Work for Us?

We Put Potential to Work We believe the information potential is endless—and data integration is more important than ever. We believe it is the bedrock of truth that enables organizations to ask and answer even more… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Informatica Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 25 interview reviews posted anonymously by Informatica employees and interview candidates.