Informatica

Average Difficulty
27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer

I interviewed at Informatica in August 2014.

Interview Details 2 rounds of written test then 4 rounds of interview . the first written test included aptitude , technical ie c and java and sql and unix questions .
second written test included code writing, C programs , shell scripting and sql queries.
interview focuses mainly on database related questions and puzzles. Be prepared for questions like diff btw dbms, rdbms , ordbms .

Interview Question – be prepared to think out of the box because they ll be asking quite a few puzzles for to solve   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Informatica in June 2012.

Interview Details The first question, was explaining about work profile which was good start to demonstrate technical capabilities and make good impression of expertise in domain and technologies. ( this is what we already write in our resume/profile, but it was chance given to explain out yourself).

Next question was to explain out current project architecture and implementation on big board. Here, had interactive session for 5-10 mins on process flow, different pros and cons of architecture design and explaining out how this design works with actual use cases. ( This works out to be good demonstration for what currently doing, so started with explaining project architecture SOA based layered architecture, emphasizing more on J2EE core design pattern, GOF design pattern for creational, behavioral and structural, also talking of solution components and how they are integrated like EJB, Webservices, JMS, Database, Quartz batch scheduler.

Next questions was sort in debate mode on clustering (application running on multiple server) and how application works. More specifically on batch scheduler running in cluster environment. Expectation was high level explanation how Quartz scheduler handlers cluster deployment.

Next question was on making MQ messages transactional in synchronous communication environment. Let's say I have an application which need to send out messages to two databases oracle and sybase, part of record is written in oracle remaining part of same message goes in sybase, so let's say if sybase transaction failed then how would you roll back whole transaction so that data in oracle is not inconsistency with sybase database

Interview Question – Tell me about your project   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details Its tough to crack Informatica. I had almost 7 rounds + HR round. The grilled me on Data structures and algorithms, problem solving and basic java.

Interview Question – Data Structure   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation becomes tough

Mysore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in August 2013.

Interview Details campus recruitment: Initially there was PPT by the company and then 2 written rounds, first multiple choice(20 DMBS questions, 15 C programming questions, 10 apptitude, 10 UNIX and OS questions) and second subjective/descriptive which had questions on shell scripts, puzzles, coding questions and on operating systems).

2 face to face technical interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult, just strong fundamentals required.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica.

Interview Details Mine was an on-campus recruitment.
The process had 2 written rounds - 1 online objective + 1 subjective.
Followed by 3 technical rounds and 1 HR round.

Interview Question – They focus mainly on memory and pointers.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through another source - interviewed at Informatica in May 2013.

Interview Details 1st Round: Online Exam (10-Aptitude, 4-C programming , 4-database, 4-OS)
2rd Round: Computer Based Descriptive exam (3-C programming, 3-database, 3-OS)
3rd Round: Technical Face to Face (data structure, algorithm design, OS, database, SQL, Java, C, Project )
4th round: Technical face to face (same as above but hard questions )
5th round: HR

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you can try

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Informatica in February 2009.

Interview Details I had 6 rounds of technical interview.

Interview Question – Core java basics and tricky questions.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I interviewed at Informatica in July 2011.

Interview Details 2 Tech Written
followed by 2 Tech Interview
1 HR

Interview Question – Written test consisted of threading and string.h functions which you do not expect   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Informatica in September 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process is pretty complex. We had 7 rounds, 2 written and 5 rounds of interviews. The first written round was technical objective paper (10 puzzles type problems were also there). The next round was a theory paper which was to test your coding skills and knowledge about some very basic concepts in your field. This was followed by 4 rounds of technical interview. In these 4 rounds, you will be scrutinized properly but the interviewers were really nice and made sure that the person giving the interview feels at ease.
The last one is the HR round and has all basic questions related to yourself and some situation based questions.

Interview Question – If the profile is testing/QA, they will definitely test you if you have the correct mindset for that. They will ask you to test anything that they find in the interview room. It can be an AC Remote, a table, a telephone etc.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Delhi

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Informatica in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through campus placements.
2 written rounds + 3 tech rounds + 1 HR
Written round 1: Questions on OS, Databases, OOPs, data structures, trees/graphs
Written round 2: Option to choose either C or Java. I chose Java, Very deep questions from java concepts. Classes/ nested classes, inheritance, constructors etc. Types of questions included finding errors and predicting outputs. Also reaons had to be given for each answer as to why that was an error or why a particular output would come. 5 theoritical questions.
What data structures would you use in some given scenarios etc.

Interview: Could not clear round 1. Algorithm for shortest path in a binary matrix, A question from the written paper was asked, Some ques on OS

Interview Question – Optimizing recursive fibonacci series algorithm   Answer Question

Worked for Informatica? Contribute to the Community!