Infosys Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys.

Interview

Infy came to our college through campus placement.

First was written test which was pretty easy if you have done basic aptitude, easier than accenture.

Then was the technical the type of interview depended on which room does the coordinator takes you to eg some were pure technical grilling for 40 min some were basic hr for 10 min else were a mixed of both.

Mine was both technical and HR for 15 min approx. first he asked me about myself then on training and projects then on extracurricular. After that some random talks about IT industry and all.

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Software Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Infosys in October 2014.

Interview

first they conducted an online test followed by interview on the other.
    exam has two rounds analytical and verbal
    interview has basic two rounds and based on that another round was also conducted.
    first two are techincal and hr
    other was gd

due to night shifts

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys (Mumbai) in October 2014.

Interview

Aptitude -Quant + Logical Reasoning (Level easy But need to Score high to make it for next round)
    Interview- Personal+Technical Interview
    be confident and your grade needs to be higher from X, XII, Graduation, Diploma, PG(everything)
    must be equal to or above 60% or 6.00 to appear

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Infosys (Noida) in October 2014.

Interview

We had the company coming to our university for campus placement. The job profile offered was software engineer, with a ctc of 3,25,000 INR.
    The process included an aptitute test and a single interview.
    On the day of the placement, the company started with a pre placement talk in which the talked about the company, job profile, training process, benefits etc. It was followed by an aptitude test. The test included basic maths ques, analytical reasoning ques and english ques. The result was announced later that day at around 8pm.
    The interviews were schedule the next morning. There was only a single round of interview which had both HR and technical question.
    The result was declared the next day.

Interview Questions

Got an offer from a better company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jabalpur

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys (Jabalpur) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a tech-HR interview.Questions were asked from my resume only.Projects were asked and basic questions from my favourite subjects such as what is stack,joins,db2.it was pretty easy.
    Written test was moderate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys in October 2014.

Interview

first there was a written round which mainly consists of 3 sections: quant logical and english..It was average but the time limit is less..so manage that accordingly.
    Selected students were called for interview. It was a good experience.. both technical as well as HR questions asked and they mostly focussed on basics

Interview Questions

• gave some scenario and you had to respond to that as a professional   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

Application

interviewed at Infosys (Delhi) in October 2014.

Interview

basic aptitude followed by difficult verbal section in wriitten.then Personal Innterview where very basic quesition were asked like
    1.tell me about youself
    2.tell me about youself
    3.your weaknesses
    3.final year project
    4.about your hobbies
    5.basic concets of c,c++,oops,dbms
    and about summer project

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys (New Delhi) in October 2014.

Interview

I was selected via the pool campus selection. Three of the colleges in our university pooled together for Infosys. The first round was aptitude, which consisted of general aptitude. I prepared aptitude from R.S. Aggarwal, Indiabix.com which has various topics on aptitude. Only after clearing the aptitude can you go on to the interview so prepare well. It is said that if you clear the aptitude, you're as good as in. But there were a lot of students who were taken out in our batch in the second round too.

The second round was technical + HR interview. The person who took my interview was very cool, relaxed and laid-back. He asked general questions - first to tell him about myself. Well, after what all I could say was over, he still wanted to know more so I kept going with random stuff. He asked about my project, technology that I worked on, which was Java. Then started the technical questions.

I was so sure I would flunk the interview because I did blank out a bit, but that didn't happen. Maybe because they trust their training. At any rate, it was a great experience. I couldn't stop smiling for days when I cleared the interview. I mean, have you googled the Mysore campus of Infosys? One word - beautiful!

In the interview, the focus was on Java and DBMS. Other people reported Data Structures and OS as well.

Interview Questions

• After the HR thing, the technical questions were asked: Java Beans, life cycle of a servlet, what is foreign key, types of databases, difference between relational and hierarchical databases, etc. Now, there were times I answered questions wrong or blanked out. So, just don't lose it when it happens. Be calm, things will go well.

There were also interviewers, I heard who were asking questions on linked lists and other data structures. But people who explained the logic were through, I think. People from non-Computer Science branch gave the interview too and if they could explain things, say the logic, for example the steps in making a project (requirement analysis, design, coding, release and maintenance) they were through.

1 Answer

Application

Interview

I applied through the online portal.. the drive was held in Udaipur.. It was a fairly easy process.. We started with an online test.. it contained question related to logical reasoning, verbal, language.. it was about 1 hour test.. It took some time to get the results though. but finally we got the results and were told that remaining rounds will be held the next day.
    Next day we started with the technical interviews. due to the number of candidates, it took forever to get to the interviews. but once in it was really easy. questions asked to me were like about myself, why i want to join infosys.. then some questions related to my academic projects. then he asked me a few more technical questions like the ways to transfer data from one page to another on an asp website. i answered it correctly having done most of my work with it.. so in short it was good and easy to crack. there were 170 candidates initially, 70 cleared the frst round.. out of which 65 or so got selected.

Interview Questions

• these series they asked were quite easy once u figure them out, but it was not easy to figure out because they were not like these mathematical series that i am used to solve.
      series was
      1-3
      2-3
      3-5
      4-4
      5-?

1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys in September 2014.

Interview

The first round included quant, logical reasoning and verbal questions. Quantitative questions were quite easy. Logical reasoning required considerable thinking although a few were easy as well. The test mainly concentrated on verbal questions like comprehension, correcting the sentences, choosing the logical order etc. which were easy but finishing it in the given time frame was the challenge.
    The second round was a technical/ HR round. Basic programming questions like prime numbers and Fibonacci series were asked. Few others were asked questions on DBMS too.
    Then, questions on your résumé like the projects you've done, paper/project presentations and other technical and non technical activities you've done we're asked. Then, came the HR questions - why infosys? , why the IT field? , tell me everything u know abt infosys. That's about it.

Interview Questions

• Programming - Fibonacci series and prime numbers , questions on project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me abt urself , Why infosys? , why the IT field?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations on salary as I was recruited through campus interview.