Infosys

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys in October 2014.

first there was a written round which mainly consists of 3 sections: quant logical and english..It was average but the time limit is less..so manage that accordingly.
Selected students were called for interview. It was a good experience.. both technical as well as HR questions asked and they mostly focussed on basics

Interview Questions
  • gave some scenario and you had to respond to that as a professional   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Infosys

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delhi

interviewed at Infosys in October 2014.

basic aptitude followed by difficult verbal section in wriitten.then Personal Innterview where very basic quesition were asked like
    1.tell me about youself
    2.tell me about youself
    3.your weaknesses
    3.final year project
    4.about your hobbies
    5.basic concets of c,c++,oops,dbms
    and about summer project

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys.

I applied through the online portal.. the drive was held in Udaipur.. It was a fairly easy process.. We started with an online test.. it contained question related to logical reasoning, verbal, language.. it was about 1 hour test.. It took some time to get the results though. but finally we got the results and were told that remaining rounds will be held the next day.
    Next day we started with the technical interviews. due to the number of candidates, it took forever to get to the interviews. but once in it was really easy. questions asked to me were like about myself, why i want to join infosys.. then some questions related to my academic projects. then he asked me a few more technical questions like the ways to transfer data from one page to another on an asp website. i answered it correctly having done most of my work with it.. so in short it was good and easy to crack. there were 170 candidates initially, 70 cleared the frst round.. out of which 65 or so got selected.

Interview Questions
    • these series they asked were quite easy once u figure them out, but it was not easy to figure out because they were not like these mathematical series that i am used to solve.
      series was
      1-3
      2-3
      3-5
      4-4
      5-?

View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Infosys in September 2014.

The first round included quant, logical reasoning and verbal questions. Quantitative questions were quite easy. Logical reasoning required considerable thinking although a few were easy as well. The test mainly concentrated on verbal questions like comprehension, correcting the sentences, choosing the logical order etc. which were easy but finishing it in the given time frame was the challenge.
    The second round was a technical/ HR round. Basic programming questions like prime numbers and Fibonacci series were asked. Few others were asked questions on DBMS too.
    Then, questions on your résumé like the projects you've done, paper/project presentations and other technical and non technical activities you've done we're asked. Then, came the HR questions - why infosys? , why the IT field? , tell me everything u know abt infosys. That's about it.

Interview Questions
    • Programming - Fibonacci series and prime numbers , questions on project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me abt urself , Why infosys? , why the IT field?   Answer Question
    No negotiations on salary as I was recruited through campus interview.

Software Engineer Interview

It was Campus Placement Drive for 2 days. on the 1st Day, There was presentation given by Infosys Team. Basically we cannot say it was ppt, that was the introduction to the Infosys, their training programme and about there Campus nd bla bla..
    After that
    online Test was held by infosys which consist of 3 modules :
    1. Arithmetic Reasoning and Analytical Thinking - 15 Questions in 20 minutes
    2. Mathematical critical thinking and Logical reasoning - 10 Questions in 35 Minutes
    3. Verbal - 40 Questions in 35 minutes
    there is a Cut-off for each section. Everyone has to clear the Cutoff for qualifying to the next round which is consist of Technical+HR Interview.
    interviews were held on the 2nd day of the drive (Technical+HR(small part) for CSE,IT,ECE & HR(full) for EEE,CHEMICAL,FOOD TECH,MECH,BIOTECH).
    After interview,they will display a list of selected candidates. Be Confident while answering in the interview and keep smile on your face.

Interview Questions
    • If you are in (CSE,IT,ECE) one of these stream, be prepared for your technical Interview. Questions are of moderate level related to your 3 year college studies and your training's taken throughout the Degree Programme. and also prepared for one of these languages (C or JAVA).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

First was aptitude test which consisted of verbal, analytic and mathematical sections. Verbal consisted of 40 questions to be completed in 35 mins. Math consisted of 10 questions to be completed in 25 mins and last was analytic in which 20 questions has to be solved in 30 mins. Students who cleared apti were directly called for personal interview next day.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude section was the most difficult and max students could not clear it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

The overall process took 2 days, on day one it was presentation by HR and then the online aptitude test. Test was not so simple but if you have good practice then it is enough. Test content 3 sections as quant, Logical and Verbal. You get enough time for all of this section.
    Moving towards day 2, it was just an interview with both type of questions i.e Technical and HR. This is all. Be confident and always have a smile on your face.

Interview Questions
    Always have question for HR and had no negotiations.

Campus placement.
    3 rounds of test...
    1.Logical(sylgollism ,DI,Data sufficiency)
    2.Apptitude(questions from PNC,probability,logical)
     3.verbal
    if selected in test called for hr/tech interview..
    Mine interview only HR ...
    simple hr interview
    questions like tell me about yourself.
    your projects.
    Most of the questions from resume

Interview Questions
    • aptitude questions,verbal question,logical questions.....
      Normal HR interview

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Infosys in September 2014.

Aptitude then Interview. Aptitude consist of 3 sections i.e verbal,quantitative and puzzle. Scoring 50% in each section is compulsory. There is sectional cutoff .Every section is easy except the verbal one. It was little bit more tough.

Interview Questions
    • Clearing the aptitude and being confident in interview   Answer Question

There were two rounds
    online round comprised of logical questions, quant(their no was less), english section in which grammer, synonyms and unseen passages were there.
    Logical questions were too easy.
    Majority quant questions were of mediocre level but 30% of them were difficult.
    I really found English tough. One passage was easy but the other one was difficult.
    second round was techno hr interview