Ingles Markets

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Lenoir City, TN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingles Markets in April 2010.

Interview Details Mainly asked why I needed a job and when I was available since I was still in school.

Interview Question – None, got a drug test on the same day of interview and hired the day after.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Bakery Associate Interview

Bakery Associate
Lake Lure, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2011.

Interview Details Boring, the only thing talked about was the job.

Interview Question – none, very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – cut and dry. She told me what they would start me out as

Stocker Interview

Interviewed at Ingles Markets

Interview Details I was working for another retail store, one with a reputation of having excellent employees. I submitted an application and was given a job offer within a week.

Interview Question – Given my employment background, I was not interviewed. Perhaps an oversight, however it worked out well for the both of us.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Ingles Markets in November 2012.

Interview Details you have to keep nagging them, they forget you easily i had to stay on the manager for 2 months before i got hired. after your hired you go in sign a bunch a papers. they drug test you with the oral drug test. you go change.

Bagger Interview

Bagger
Greensboro, GA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Interview Details I met with management to turn in my application. A week later I went back and inquired about it and they said they were actually about to call me. So an interview was setup on the spot. I did have to take a drug test.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult from what I remember. Just the standard "How will you contribute?" etc...   Answer Question

Grocery Clerk Interview

Grocery Clerk
Asheville, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ingles Markets in May 2009.

Interview Details It was very easy. I just went in to the store and inquired about jobs. The manager took my number and then called me back to set up an appointment.

They basically look at you and if you seem like a respectable person they give you some paper work to fill out. If you dont have a felony then you are guaranteed a job.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a felony/committed a misdemeanor?   Answer Question

Frozen Food Manager Interview

Frozen Food Manager
Asheville, NC (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ingles Markets in November 2011.

Interview Details Applied on-line. I got a call the following day to interview that day. Met with the co-manger and was informed I had to wait on a back ground check. After one week I was informed that I had passed the check and could start immediately.

Interview Question – none asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. This what we pay

Lead Cutter Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Ingles Markets in November 2010.

Interview Details The interview was more over money than any thing else. The store manager was a pig and had a very strong disreguard for women. No employer questions concearning the job I had applied for.

Negotiation Details – Very tense and they do not like paying for decent help.

Deli Associate Interview

Deli Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2013.

Interview Details The interview was with the GM and the deli manager. Both were really nice and laid back, no difficult or abstract questions. They did say that the deli is the hardest department in the store, but I was hired with no experience. The whole process took about 10 minutes.

Interview Question – Do you have deli experience?   View Answer

Deli Associate Interview

Deli Associate
Ellenwood, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2013.

Interview Details Very easy, and straight forward. took about at least 15 mins.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult simple questions like
1. What made you apply here at Ingles?
2. Do you have transportation?
3. Whats your availability?
4. Are you a friendly person?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ingles Markets

Worked for Ingles Markets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ingles Markets interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Ingles Markets employees and interview candidates.