Ingles Markets Interview Questions

Updated 28 Mar 2015
Updated 28 Mar 2015

1.3

Anything, Accepted Deli At 8 50$ Per Hour PT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Asheville, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Asheville, NC (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets in March 2015.

very simple casual conversational interview. Made sure I had transport, checked my availability, asked about food service experience/retail. The interviewer left me with an assistant manager, whom I chatted with, while she sent my acceptance email to me. Came back the next monday, to sign papers, did a spit drug test. Much less embarrassing/messy than the usual shtick. Training days later, very early.

none.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets.

Fill out application online, then if the manager wants to hire you then they call you and you go in for a interview. Then he or she will tell you they will call you and when they call you, they have to send you a job offer via email address you used to apply. so have email on hand 24/7 when you get out of interview. After that you will then be required to bring in your driver license and social. and then after the next few days you'll be training and during that process a drug test in administered

Interview Questions
    • Questions about money handling, or being able to count money back to a customer. ex: they give you $15.00 dollars for a order that is $4.76. how much do you give back, and without computers you answer, which is $10.24.   Answer Question
    very easy, simple as them asking if you want the job and you say yes

Deli Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets in September 2014.

I applied online for cashier and was contacted a week later by the Assistant Manager to come in for an interview. She was very nice and offered me a choice between cashier or a Deli position due to my retail background. It was an easy interview. She asked why I wanted to work for the company, why I left my last job, how long I expected to work there and availability, but it was mostly focused on my experience. She gave me a detailed description of the job and what would be expected of me. I was pleasantly surprised by the starting salary. Like all retail, experiences vary by store location but I had a good one at this store.

Deli Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Ingles Markets.

Seven minutes of nothing but fluff....No opportunities here. This was a triage interview for them. They're desperate to fill jobs, because they lose people as fast as they hire them. Terrible culture.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ingles Markets in August 2014.

I applied online, heard from the floor manager 4 days later. He brought me in for an interview. They sit you down in the deli area to interview. Very casual, laid back interview. They ask what grocery store experience you have and what you would like to do. I was asked if I would like to work as a cashier, bakery clerk, or deli clerk. I chose deli clerk because it had the best pay and most open hours. They only offered 24 hours per week. He brought the Deli Manager over to meet me. They told me I would be started off at a higher rate of pay because I had 10 years grocery store experience. They told me to watch my email to complete the hiring paperwork. I received the email a day later and was given an offer of $8 per hour. I declined the position at that point.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, just a few questions about your experience and what you would like to do..   Answer Question

I was only offered $8 per hour despite having 10 years grocery store experience

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingles Markets in August 2014.

apply online and either wait for the call or call yourself to put yourself out there and be more likely to be hired. i talked to the hiring manager through a friend that already worked there and got the interview scheduled that same week.

Cashier/Gas Station Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ingles Markets.

I submitted a paper application that was looked at briefly by the manager. I was assked a few questions about my experience and was told that I needed to submit to a background check. After waiting for a week to hear from them, I went back in to talk to the store manager and was told they had to resubmit my background info because it had been lost. After I passed the background check I took a drug test that was submitted to another company. After passing this test I was hired and my training began.

None I remember

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belton, SC (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ingles Markets.

I applied online before going to store. I walked in, asked to speak to the store manager, who told me there was an opening on night shift. He interviewed me on the spot and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Manager asked me if I would be OK working with "a bunch of rednecks."   View Answer
    No negotiation phase, took job immediately.

Stocker Interview

I was working for another retail store, one with a reputation of having excellent employees. I submitted an application and was given a job offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Given my employment background, I was not interviewed. Perhaps an oversight, however it worked out well for the both of us.   Answer Question

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, GA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ingles Markets.

I met with management to turn in my application. A week later I went back and inquired about it and they said they were actually about to call me. So an interview was setup on the spot. I did have to take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult from what I remember. Just the standard "How will you contribute?" etc...   Answer Question