Intel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
1,616 Interview Reviews

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bangalore).

Interview

They shortlisted based on resume.So some of them had 6 panel interview.They asked me about projects i have done.Then they concentrated on Static timing analysis,digital electronics,verilog and microprocessors.Also basics of VLSI.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

After shortlisting of the candidates based of academic records(usually 70 % and above ),direct Interview no written tests. There were 9 domains to which resumes were sent . I was interviewed for two domains 1. android embedded domain 2.Server domain. Thus two technical rounds and two Hr rounds. The hr round was just a formality.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

First round was Telephonic interview and second day called for Technical interview where senior persons took interview and third round was HR. There was three technical rounds, some questions was difficult and some were easy.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions regarding previous project worked and some basic electronics questions   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Interview

30 to 45 min phone interview followed by on site. Phone interview consisted of questions from RTL design, computer architecture and CMOS. On site consisted of DFT, RTL and VLSI design questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview which covered basics of programming and then more role related questions (Open CV, Image Processing and Computer Vision). They expect you to explain everything in detail. For a computer vision based question, specification of system, camera, frame rate, pre-process stages, decision making principle, filtering of output, GUI etc everything going down to minute details also.
    On-site interview followed it with similar pattern of questions

Interview Questions

• All questions should be explained in design level from scratch. They wanted to know the depth of your understanding in your project   1 Answer

Enterprise Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2014.

Interview

One of the HRs from Intel had contacted me initially over telephone and via email for this position, based on my resume which was present already in Intel's internal systems, since I had previously done an internship there.

The initial conversation was mostly related to my interests and the details of the job description. He mentioned the hiring manager was interested in talking with me and so I had a telephonic interview with him in a week. He asked both technical and managerial related questions. Since the position was related to Big Data Analytics, BI and Enterprise Applications some of the typical questions asked were,

- How do you see Big Data affecting business and organizations in the next 5 years
     - Typical Challenges related to current analytics, Machine Learning and BI techniques
     - What would be your major pain points when designing an enterprise application
     - Typical steps in building a machine learning \ statistical model
     - How would you check if a model is performing well and what would you do to improve it
     - How analytics can be used to leverage insights in businesses
     - What are your typical expectations from your team members
     - Expectations of how a manager should take care of his team
     - Current Salary, Notice period etc.

After this round, since I had provided some references from my internship duration in Intel, he said he would directly connect me with a Technical Architect for the next round of interview in a couple of days. I received a call next week and this interview was a pure technical interview. I was mostly grilled regarding my current project at work, previous projects, skills and interests. Some interesting questions asked were,

- Typical challenges faced in unsupervised learning
     - Differences between relational and non-relational ( noSQL ) databases
     - Why choose noSQL for a particular project and why relational for another, what would be the difference if you used a different database
     - Object oriented databases and how I used it in my project
     - Twitter Analytics based on some of my projects
     - Relational Databases, Normalization, why 3NF, 4NF, why not just 1 NF?
     - Benefits of NoSQL databases like MongoDB
     - Caching techniques and how they can be implemented in enterprise apps
     - Some specific business case based problems

It was a really long interview but I guess he was quite satisfied with my responses and said I would need to come down to the office for a face to face interview sometime when I was free. The interview was set up for next week.

This was a face to face interview with the hiring manager again in their office. This was mostly a behavioral round where some of the questions he asked were,

- Where do you see yourself in 2 years
     - Typical expectations from the job, team and manager
     - What sets you apart from the rest
     - If the job demands you to work extra hours are you up for the task?
     - What if some of the technology you need to use is not familiar to you
     - How was your experience working at Intel ( previously as an Intern )
     - How much would you rate yourself technically out of 10
     - Assuming we hire you when can we expect you to join us?

Considering the last question he asked me, I felt that the interview went pretty well and he said if everything goes well, one of the HRs will be contacting me with the compensation package and other details soon. I received an email and a call within 2 - 3 days with the details of the offered salary, benefits etc. After I confirmed these and filled out some details, I got the offer letter from the staffing department within a week via email.

Interview Questions

• What advantage would MongoDB give your over MySQL for a particular project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

HR mailed with the compensation package. The pay and benefits were quite good so I didn't have to negotiate.

Systems Programmer Interview

Interview

Applied through college
               There were three rounds namely technical, managerial and an HR round. Technical round mainly consisted of programming and puzzle solving. Managerial round was scenario based. HR was just a formality. A lot of emphasis was given on C programming. Puzzles were not that difficult. Scenario based round was a bit tough I could say.

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Bangalore) in September 2014.

Interview

The whole process took around 6 weeks times. I got the inteview call through Employee Referral Program. Initially had a round of Telephonic Technical interview which was very exhaustive in nature. After a week I was informed that I was selected for the next onsite interview which consisted of totally 4 rounds of interview (3 Technical & 1 General Discussion round). After 2 weeks of time I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based mostly on fundamentals of VLSI Concepts. Almost the areas were touched to see if the candidate had exposure to all areas like, RTL Design, STA, CMOS Concepts, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

telephonic 1 hr . bit grilling (on cmos and digital concepts). Face 2 face was focused mostly on basics and past experience.
    questioned asked was
    1. DDR interface and controller design details. basic memory concepts
    2. Basics of cmos logic. channel modeling. etc.
    3. verification mindset check. provided with PCI related system and asked what all things to take care in validating it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation (Bangalore) in June 2014.

Interview

Since the interview was through employee referral, the project manager arranged the interview.
    There was one telephonic round in which I had to explain about my current project and some questions related to device drivers.
    Subsequently, I was called for a face to face interview at Intel, Bangalore. This was a marathon with 6 interviewers coming in one after the other for a total of 6 hours. One focused on behavioural aspects and the rest were all technical. There were C questions (my preparation of having a look at the top 50 C questions in stackoverflow was quite useful). There were some questions on computer architecture and some on hardware aspects of device level communication protocols. Most interviewers based their questions around my project.
    Overall, I felt that this is how any company should conduct an interview if it is has to avoid dealing with bad candidates later. A few weeks later, the HR called and asked some details about my education and employment history.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to explain the I2C communication protocol in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not have to negotiate as the offer was better than what I asked.