Intel Corporation

Updated 28 Sep 2014
1,403 Interview Reviews

3.1

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

telephonic 1 hr . bit grilling (on cmos and digital concepts). Face 2 face was focused mostly on basics and past experience.
    questioned asked was
    1. DDR interface and controller design details. basic memory concepts
    2. Basics of cmos logic. channel modeling. etc.
    3. verification mindset check. provided with PCI related system and asked what all things to take care in validating it.

not much.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2014.

Since the interview was through employee referral, the project manager arranged the interview.
    There was one telephonic round in which I had to explain about my current project and some questions related to device drivers.
    Subsequently, I was called for a face to face interview at Intel, Bangalore. This was a marathon with 6 interviewers coming in one after the other for a total of 6 hours. One focused on behavioural aspects and the rest were all technical. There were C questions (my preparation of having a look at the top 50 C questions in stackoverflow was quite useful). There were some questions on computer architecture and some on hardware aspects of device level communication protocols. Most interviewers based their questions around my project.
    Overall, I felt that this is how any company should conduct an interview if it is has to avoid dealing with bad candidates later. A few weeks later, the HR called and asked some details about my education and employment history.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to explain the I2C communication protocol in detail.   Answer Question
    Did not have to negotiate as the offer was better than what I asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Interview process was initiated from department. Two/Three rounds of technical interview and final HR interview. All were telephonic interviews. Technical Questions were basics of digital design, they gave a choice though to choose the subject. HR questions are ethical questions, you must be honest in your answers. The interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions will be asked from nowhere, but if you are good in basics it is easier to crack. One of the question was to design the digital logic for a majority encoder of 5 inputs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Interview process was initiated from T&P department. Two rounds of telephonic interview and final HR interview. Technical Questions were basics from c, dsa, architecutre, os . They gave a choice though to choose the subject but C is must. HR questions are ethical questions, you must be honest in your answers. The interviewers were very friendly and they will help if u get stuck somewhere.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Overall I had 4 rounds of interview at Intel. my CV was sourced through Naukri and then I had 3 rounds of f2f interviews followed by a 4th round of telephonic. Interviewed on different aspects like skills, job relevance, thinking process, strength, weaknesses etc. Almost all the managers of the team (as I later found out) interviewed me before extending the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Its been sometime since I appeared for those interviews and hence dont really remember that well. dont think found any question very difficult though.   Answer Question
    I joined as a fresher. got a good bump over my existing salary. did not get into a negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Short listed based on Resume,Project is one of the important criteria which they will consider.
    In VLSI field scripting and Static Timing Analysis are also very important.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

I have gone through Intel India interview process during placements in our college. There was CPI based shortlisting then 4 rounds of interviews were to be done. The first round of interview was based on C++/C/Java basics and other coding questions with some questions on project I have done. The next round was again a technical round in which they asked me solve puzzle, do some coding problems and some detailed discussion on research projects. The third round was more of a behavioral round in which we were given situations and we need to respond with what we would do in that situation. All others went through one more round, but I was taken 3 rounds and sent back. I was thinking that, they rejected me, finally when results were declared, I was selected :)

Interview Questions
    • Coding some puzzles and behavioral round was unexpected   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

They shortlisted 130 students based on their C.V. Interview was for 1 day. There were 5 rounds. 3 technical rounds, 2 HR rounds.
    Key things to be thorough with : -
    1. Contents in C.V.
    2. B E Final year project.

Interview Questions
    • Things asked in interview

Difference between

- Abstract
      - TRY CATCH FINALLY THROW
      - Heap

* Programs
      - Binary to Int (vice versa)
      - Swap 2 numbers without third variable
      - "Bit Manipulation"
      - Write a method which finds the maximum of two numbers You should not use if-else or any other comparison operator.
      - Linked list
          - Create list, node
          - Insert node
          - Delete node
          - Remove duplicates in unsorted linked list.
          - Find element
          - Doubly linked list operations

- Stack Queue
          - Implement stack, queue
          - Single array to implement 3 stacks
          - Implement queue using 2 stacks
          - Given a sorted (increasing order) array, write an algorithm to create a binary tree with minimal height

- Tree
          - In, pre, post order traversal
          - Insert node
          - Delete node
          - "Breadth first search"
          - "Depth first search"

- Bit Manipulation
          - and (&), or (|) , xor (^) operations
          - Integer to binary (vice versa)
          - To know the number is odd without using "%" (mod).
          - Set 5th bit to 1.
          - Write a function to determine the number of bits required to convert integer A to integer B. Input: 31, 14 Output: 2

- String operations
          - All unique characters,
          -Anagrams, Reverse string,
          - Remove duplicates,
          - Replace ' ' (space) with '%20'
      - Matrix

* Sorting
      Bubble Sort:
      Selection Sort:
      Merge Sort
      Quick Sort
      Bucket Sort (less importance)

Data structures
      - array
      - Linked list / Doubly linked list
      - Trees

* OS and CO Concepts
      - Semaphore
      - Addressing modes
      - Context switching
      - Virtual memory concept, Paging, mapping.
      - Threads

- Loader

All linux commands
        View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

4-5 rounds of interviews..

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Given significant time on resume. Prepared for apti also but focus was on digital and analog circuits. As my thesis was devices based hence also prepared semiconductor devices.
    Selection Procedure: Not very sure about short listing. Shortlisted people were there from all spectrum of pointers. No written test. There were two rounds of interview, in first Tech (more focus) + HR and in second more focus was on HR.

Interview Questions
    • Other: How to reduce power and delay for given circuit? What are present problems industries facing? How to reduce leakage? How to reduce switching activity? Questions from memory, CMOS, Charge sharing etc   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!