Intel Corporation

1,258 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details They shortlisted 130 students based on their C.V. Interview was for 1 day. There were 5 rounds. 3 technical rounds, 2 HR rounds.
Key things to be thorough with : -
1. Contents in C.V.
2. B E Final year project.

Interview Question – Things asked in interview

- Abstract
- TRY CATCH FINALLY THROW
- Heap

* Programs
- Binary to Int (vice versa)
- Swap 2 numbers without third variable
- "Bit Manipulation"
- Write a method which finds the maximum of two numbers You should not use if-else or any other comparison operator.
- Linked list
    - Create list, node
    - Insert node
    - Delete node
    - Remove duplicates in unsorted linked list.
    - Find element
    - Doubly linked list operations

- Stack Queue
    - Implement stack, queue
    - Single array to implement 3 stacks
    - Implement queue using 2 stacks
    - Given a sorted (increasing order) array, write an algorithm to create a binary tree with minimal height

- Tree
    - In, pre, post order traversal
    - Insert node
    - Delete node
    - "Breadth first search"
    - "Depth first search"

- Bit Manipulation
    - and (&), or (|) , xor (^) operations
    - Integer to binary (vice versa)
    - To know the number is odd without using "%" (mod).
    - Set 5th bit to 1.
    - Write a function to determine the number of bits required to convert integer A to integer B. Input: 31, 14 Output: 2

- String operations
    - All unique characters,
    -Anagrams, Reverse string,
    - Remove duplicates,
    - Replace ' ' (space) with '%20'
- Matrix

* Sorting
Bubble Sort:
Selection Sort:
Merge Sort
Quick Sort
Bucket Sort (less importance)

Data structures
- array
- Linked list / Doubly linked list
- Trees

* OS and CO Concepts
- Semaphore
- Addressing modes
- Context switching
- Virtual memory concept, Paging, mapping.
- Threads

All linux commands
  View Answer

Component Design Engineer Interview

Component Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details Given significant time on resume. Prepared for apti also but focus was on digital and analog circuits. As my thesis was devices based hence also prepared semiconductor devices.
Selection Procedure: Not very sure about short listing. Shortlisted people were there from all spectrum of pointers. No written test. There were two rounds of interview, in first Tech (more focus) + HR and in second more focus was on HR.

Interview Question – Other: How to reduce power and delay for given circuit? What are present problems industries facing? How to reduce leakage? How to reduce switching activity? Questions from memory, CMOS, Charge sharing etc   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Bangalore

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details Overall I had 4 rounds of interview at Intel. my CV was sourced through Naukri and then I had 3 rounds of f2f interviews followed by a 4th round of telephonic. Interviewed on different aspects like skills, job relevance, thinking process, strength, weaknesses etc. Almost all the managers of the team (as I later found out) interviewed me before extending the job offer.

Interview Question – Its been sometime since I appeared for those interviews and hence dont really remember that well. dont think found any question very difficult though.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I joined as a fresher. got a good bump over my existing salary. did not get into a negotiation

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Coimbatore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2010.

Interview Details Good resume and prior work. On campus resume screening. One on one interview with different team members

Interview Question – None. Expect some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Leader Interview

Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Interview Details Telephonic, F-F 3

Interview Question – What you can evolve independently in wireless domain?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details Short listed based on Resume,Project is one of the important criteria which they will consider.
In VLSI field scripting and Static Timing Analysis are also very important.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details I have gone through Intel India interview process during placements in our college. There was CPI based shortlisting then 4 rounds of interviews were to be done. The first round of interview was based on C++/C/Java basics and other coding questions with some questions on project I have done. The next round was again a technical round in which they asked me solve puzzle, do some coding problems and some detailed discussion on research projects. The third round was more of a behavioral round in which we were given situations and we need to respond with what we would do in that situation. All others went through one more round, but I was taken 3 rounds and sent back. I was thinking that, they rejected me, finally when results were declared, I was selected :)

Interview Question – Coding some puzzles and behavioral round was unexpected   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2013.

Interview Details In our College, they usually set off an Initial Cutoff and then take Interview.
They conducted 3 Rounds in Total.
Round 1: Telephonic Interview.
they already had my Resume. So, after Introduction he said : "Ishan, Which Language you are convenient with?". I replied 'C'. Then he asked few ques from C.
Ques were not very basic, but if u had studied C, u'll be able to answer them easily. After that, he asked few questions from memory management and Processor Management.

Round 2: 1:1 interview (After a week)
There the Interviewer took my resume and started questioning about my Projects and about the subjects That I had studied. Then he asked me approach to Parallelize Quicksort Algo and write code for parallelizing any sorting algo of my choice.

Round 3: Behavioral Interview
Asked few Questions related to Political Interest and my social interests.

Interview Question – I don't find any question difficult. they were asking good questions. If you had studied well, then u can easily do it.   Answer Question

Systems Integration Engineer Interview

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

Interview Details I was selected for the interview based on employee referral. The first round was telephonic where the interviewer mostly asked about my background, work experience etc. He also asked me about basic concepts of C and C++ Programming languages. When he was convinced he said that I need to visit the Intel Bangalore office for a face-to-face interview which was about hours of duration.

Interview Question – There wasn't any unexpected question as such...Most of teh questions were based on the use of data structures.   Answer Question

Component Design Engineer Interview

Component Design Engineer
Coimbatore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2010.

Interview Details There were two rounds in the interivew. First one was technical, with questions mostly asked from my resume. Questions also include OS concepts like virtual memory etc. Second round was about my attitude, my strengths and communication skills.

Interview Question – Address translation from virtual to physical   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation interview questions and advice. All 1,258 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.