Intel Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Lead Interview

Tech Lead
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

Interview Details 6-7 Rounds of discussions starting from Engineer/Lead level to Manager, Sr. Manager, Director and HR.
Each round has a different set of questionnaire, ranging from Microprocessor Architecture like Bus Architectures, Cache hierarchy and coherency, cryptography etc.. to aptitude puzzles and attitude related discussions as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Question – few puzzles related to aptitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Sal negotiation is encouraged.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2014.

Interview Details Since the interview was through employee referral, the project manager arranged the interview.
There was one telephonic round in which I had to explain about my current project and some questions related to device drivers.
Subsequently, I was called for a face to face interview at Intel, Bangalore. This was a marathon with 6 interviewers coming in one after the other for a total of 6 hours. One focused on behavioural aspects and the rest were all technical. There were C questions (my preparation of having a look at the top 50 C questions in stackoverflow was quite useful). There were some questions on computer architecture and some on hardware aspects of device level communication protocols. Most interviewers based their questions around my project.
Overall, I felt that this is how any company should conduct an interview if it is has to avoid dealing with bad candidates later. A few weeks later, the HR called and asked some details about my education and employment history.

Interview Question – Was asked to explain the I2C communication protocol in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not have to negotiate as the offer was better than what I asked.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Component Design Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details telephonic 1 hr . bit grilling (on cmos and digital concepts). Face 2 face was focused mostly on basics and past experience.
questioned asked was
1. DDR interface and controller design details. basic memory concepts
2. Basics of cmos logic. channel modeling. etc.
3. verification mindset check. provided with PCI related system and asked what all things to take care in validating it.

Interview Question – nothing was really unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much.

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2012.

Interview Details 3-4 rounds of technical interview and 1 HR interview. Since it was for a position of intern, it wasn't much tough. Intel doesn't conduct aptitude tests. They check you knowledge and problem solving ability.

Interview Question – It included cloud computing, networking and security related questions. Also many questions on OS and academic projects.   Answer Question

Graduate Technical Interview

Graduate Technical
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details Consists of Three tow five rounds. First round will be basic interview questions and about your interested domain. Second will be more questions related to domains. Third round will be HR or there will be more technical rounds if they are not satisfied.

Interview Question – I don't remember any such question. Most of them are basic questions.   Answer Question

Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Interview Details Interview process was initiated from department. Two/Three rounds of technical interview and final HR interview. All were telephonic interviews. Technical Questions were basics of digital design, they gave a choice though to choose the subject. HR questions are ethical questions, you must be honest in your answers. The interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Question – Questions will be asked from nowhere, but if you are good in basics it is easier to crack. One of the question was to design the digital logic for a majority encoder of 5 inputs.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

Interview Details Career Background
Elaborate 2 Key Achievements
Elaborate 2 Challenging Situations
Strengths and Weaknesses
Knowledge about IT Technologies, especially SAP CRM
Knowledge about Business Domains such as Supply Chain Mgmt
Knowledge about Software Engineering Processes, especially Agile Development Methodology
Prior Challenges and Learnings with People Management
Personal Interests
Educations Background

Interview Question – Behavioral Interview   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Manager seemed to be only handling mundane people issues, with no competence in technology or business

Human Resources Associate Interview

Human Resources Associate
Bangalore

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

Interview Details It included a lot of rounds but just F2F. a lot of conversations with different levels which got monotonous and repititive in nature. There are no written rounds for the title applied for. Overall a good experience but got to learn quite a bit in my various interactions with different people.

Interview Question – Most challenging situations to handle and how best did I handle it and what management concepts were used. How did the recent recession impact the economy. Situational questions which were like a double sided sword since all options sounded right but only one was most appropriate   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details They shortlisted 130 students based on their C.V. Interview was for 1 day. There were 5 rounds. 3 technical rounds, 2 HR rounds.
Key things to be thorough with : -
1. Contents in C.V.
2. B E Final year project.

Interview Question – Things asked in interview

- Abstract
- TRY CATCH FINALLY THROW
- Heap

* Programs
- Binary to Int (vice versa)
- Swap 2 numbers without third variable
- "Bit Manipulation"
- Write a method which finds the maximum of two numbers You should not use if-else or any other comparison operator.
- Linked list
    - Create list, node
    - Insert node
    - Delete node
    - Remove duplicates in unsorted linked list.
    - Find element
    - Doubly linked list operations

- Stack Queue
    - Implement stack, queue
    - Single array to implement 3 stacks
    - Implement queue using 2 stacks
    - Given a sorted (increasing order) array, write an algorithm to create a binary tree with minimal height

- Tree
    - In, pre, post order traversal
    - Insert node
    - Delete node
    - "Breadth first search"
    - "Depth first search"

- Bit Manipulation
    - and (&), or (|) , xor (^) operations
    - Integer to binary (vice versa)
    - To know the number is odd without using "%" (mod).
    - Set 5th bit to 1.
    - Write a function to determine the number of bits required to convert integer A to integer B. Input: 31, 14 Output: 2

- String operations
    - All unique characters,
    -Anagrams, Reverse string,
    - Remove duplicates,
    - Replace ' ' (space) with '%20'
- Matrix

* Sorting
Bubble Sort:
Selection Sort:
Merge Sort
Quick Sort
Bucket Sort (less importance)

Data structures
- array
- Linked list / Doubly linked list
- Trees

* OS and CO Concepts
- Semaphore
- Addressing modes
- Context switching
- Virtual memory concept, Paging, mapping.
- Threads

All linux commands
  View Answer

Component Design Engineer Interview

Component Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details Given significant time on resume. Prepared for apti also but focus was on digital and analog circuits. As my thesis was devices based hence also prepared semiconductor devices.
Selection Procedure: Not very sure about short listing. Shortlisted people were there from all spectrum of pointers. No written test. There were two rounds of interview, in first Tech (more focus) + HR and in second more focus was on HR.

Interview Question – Other: How to reduce power and delay for given circuit? What are present problems industries facing? How to reduce leakage? How to reduce switching activity? Questions from memory, CMOS, Charge sharing etc   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!