Intel Corporation

Updated Sep 10, 2014
1,386 Interview Reviews

3.1

Graduate Technical Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2012.

In the first round candidates were selected based on your resume. No aptitude test like other companies. Then there was 1 Technical round. If you get through then next round is HR. Else you'll be called for technical interview by other teams. This process might go for around 6 rounds. Even after that you don't clear then you are not selected. HR round is basically tests your Emotional Quotient (EQ). Normal HR round. Just for formality sake.

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2010.

The HR from the company contacted me over email and fixed the date for the telephonic interview. Later once I got selected, there was a site interview too

Once you get confirmed, HR will come and give you the grade level and salary details

Interview Questions
    • Should expect all difficult technical questions
      In my field SQL, there was a question regarding SCD - Slowly changing dimension
        Answer Question
    In Intel salary is decided by Grades rather than by position, and so look for a good grade between 5 and 8 for starters

Component Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

telephonic 1 hr . bit grilling (on cmos and digital concepts). Face 2 face was focused mostly on basics and past experience.
    questioned asked was
    1. DDR interface and controller design details. basic memory concepts
    2. Basics of cmos logic. channel modeling. etc.
    3. verification mindset check. provided with PCI related system and asked what all things to take care in validating it.

not much.

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

6-7 Rounds of discussions starting from Engineer/Lead level to Manager, Sr. Manager, Director and HR.
    Each round has a different set of questionnaire, ranging from Microprocessor Architecture like Bus Architectures, Cache hierarchy and coherency, cryptography etc.. to aptitude puzzles and attitude related discussions as well as behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    No Sal negotiation is encouraged.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2014.

Since the interview was through employee referral, the project manager arranged the interview.
    There was one telephonic round in which I had to explain about my current project and some questions related to device drivers.
    Subsequently, I was called for a face to face interview at Intel, Bangalore. This was a marathon with 6 interviewers coming in one after the other for a total of 6 hours. One focused on behavioural aspects and the rest were all technical. There were C questions (my preparation of having a look at the top 50 C questions in stackoverflow was quite useful). There were some questions on computer architecture and some on hardware aspects of device level communication protocols. Most interviewers based their questions around my project.
    Overall, I felt that this is how any company should conduct an interview if it is has to avoid dealing with bad candidates later. A few weeks later, the HR called and asked some details about my education and employment history.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to explain the I2C communication protocol in detail.   Answer Question
    Did not have to negotiate as the offer was better than what I asked.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2012.

3-4 rounds of technical interview and 1 HR interview. Since it was for a position of intern, it wasn't much tough. Intel doesn't conduct aptitude tests. They check you knowledge and problem solving ability.

Interview Questions
    • It included cloud computing, networking and security related questions. Also many questions on OS and academic projects.   Answer Question

Graduate Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Consists of Three tow five rounds. First round will be basic interview questions and about your interested domain. Second will be more questions related to domains. Third round will be HR or there will be more technical rounds if they are not satisfied.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any such question. Most of them are basic questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Interview process was initiated from department. Two/Three rounds of technical interview and final HR interview. All were telephonic interviews. Technical Questions were basics of digital design, they gave a choice though to choose the subject. HR questions are ethical questions, you must be honest in your answers. The interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Questions will be asked from nowhere, but if you are good in basics it is easier to crack. One of the question was to design the digital logic for a majority encoder of 5 inputs.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

Career Background
    Elaborate 2 Key Achievements
    Elaborate 2 Challenging Situations
    Strengths and Weaknesses
    Knowledge about IT Technologies, especially SAP CRM
    Knowledge about Business Domains such as Supply Chain Mgmt
    Knowledge about Software Engineering Processes, especially Agile Development Methodology
    Prior Challenges and Learnings with People Management
    Personal Interests
    Educations Background

Interview Questions

Manager seemed to be only handling mundane people issues, with no competence in technology or business

Human Resources Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2013.

It included a lot of rounds but just F2F. a lot of conversations with different levels which got monotonous and repititive in nature. There are no written rounds for the title applied for. Overall a good experience but got to learn quite a bit in my various interactions with different people.

Interview Questions
    • Most challenging situations to handle and how best did I handle it and what management concepts were used. How did the recent recession impact the economy. Situational questions which were like a double sided sword since all options sounded right but only one was most appropriate   Answer Question

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!