Intel Corporation

Updated 6 Jun 2014

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I came from another city for the interview, though I was in the same state. Intel was cheap about the whole affair. They didn't want to pay for an overnight stay in even a motel, nor for a rental car. They insisted on a same day interview, which meant I had to catch a 6am flight to make it in time. I paid for the parking at airport and the taxi going and coming back to airport. It came to over $70 with tips. Intel sent me a $60 "gift card", which was better than nothing, but rather low class in the end.

I arrived nearly 1.5 hours early for the interview and they kept me waiting without so much as offering me coffee or water.
    I interviewed with groups of two to three paralegals and one attorney, for a total of about 8 people.
    Overall I was disappointed. They disparaged the company for being "cheap" on computer equipment, work accommodations ("We are all cube rats here"), paying for work-related travel, etc. They didn't really "sell" the positives of working there, either for the company nor in their group.

They seem to farm most of the real work out to outside counsel and they bog themselves down in the minutiae of over analyzing every issue and running it by other team members, which probably means it takes forever for them to get anything done.

Interview Questions
    • I got asked them same scenario questions over and over by each subsequent group, "What do you do if you have an irate business unit client that demands their work is given top priorirty", etc., etc. It wasn't "difficult" to answer, it just makes me wonder why there wasn't better coordination regarding the questions being asked of applicants, so there would not be duplication of effort.   Answer Question

Senior Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Found position and applied on Intel web site. Was pleasantly surprised when contacted directly by hiring manager. Had 3 phone interviews with couple peers and the Director for my group. This went fairly quickly over the course of a couple of weeks. Had one on-site interview with the hiring manager. No other in person interviews as this position was for a new function that was an "experiment" (red flag for later!). Got an offer immediately after on-site interview.

Turns out this job was very undefined, and was not exactly what was in the description, or the hiring managers expectations. In a way I was not a good fit. But I actually took some classes (on my own time and dime) to get up to speed on the technical aspects, which helped greatly.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how my past experience was relevant to this position?   View Answer
    Recruiter stepped in with offer and back and forth.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I was hired as an intern then during internship interviewed for a fulltime position when graduated from college. Overall, this was the easiest software developer interview I had ever done. After 1 phone interview they brought me to their office. I then did 4 in-person interviews. 2 were technical and 2 were more business/soft skills/personality.

Interview Questions
    • I reversed a string. They questioned on basic object-oriented design. Gave me a basic situation and asked for me to design an overall class diagram of objects and functions I would need.
      One interview asked me a difficult SQL question at the beginning, I wasn't able to answer correctly. They then said they were done because the next questions were harder and left the room, was extremely rude. Still got the job though, I never had to work with that person thankfully.
        Answer Question
    HR emailed me with offer. I tried to negotiate they said offer is not-negotiable.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Just kind of called out of the blue. They didnt really interview me on much just asked basic c questions. Kind of easy to tell you the truth. If you have taken any sort of class in c your golden.

Nothing.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Informal, found out who was the hiring manager and agreed directly about screening and interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2013.

Got an email from a hiring manager about setting up an interview for an internship. Interviewed over the phone (a basic chat to see if the team was a good fit for me and my basic understanding of the job I would have to do) and got an email a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • No super technical questions. Just concept questions. No need to provide solutions.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Phone interview (30 minutes). Very light questions. Had a phone call the next day for a site interview. Questions emphasized personality. The only technical questions involved my previous work/research. Everyone was very polite and professional, from talent acquisition to senior engineers. The process moved fast. Two days after submitting my application, I received a phone call. The next day I had a "technical screen". I was called the next day to schedule an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Providing alternative solutions to my research (i.e. propose experiments with elemental analysis).   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Mostly behavioral interview. They're not really into brain teasers/puzzles.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Review resume frst then pick 2-3 candidates for the phone interview. With a minor technical questions, pick 1-2 persons for the on-site interview. During the onsite interview, mostly see the behavior and potential whether he/she can co-work with team members.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to be a tool owner as a process engineer?   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

My advising professor received an email from a former student saying he was looking for recent/soon-to-be graduates in Mechanical Engineering. I sent him my resume and the next day had an hour phone interview, consisting of the details of my engineering experiences and what I wanted to do in my career. The next week I had an informal interview in Santa Clara, mostly consisting of more questions about my engineering experiences, and a thorough tour of the facilities related to the position and a lot of detail about the specifics of the job (the hiring manager was very concerned both that I was a good fit for the job and that the job was a good fit for me). The next week I came in for a formal interview, consisting of a 30 minute presentation of my engineering experiences to the group and a series of one-on-one interviews with each member of the group. The questions weren’t too difficult, with the exception of a few technical questions (by the younger members) and one interviewer who had some sort of sheet of standard (mostly behavioral) interview questions for a process engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected: what are the 2 golden rules of an op amp (I’m a mechanical engineer)?   View Answers (2)

The job sounded amazing, but I got another offer for another (also amazing) job which had a much better location with regard to family and affordable housing.