Intel Corporation

60 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Student Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2011.

Interview Details Send the resume to the Intel's web site. Full day of the interview with 5 people.Technical and non technical questions. A week later got a phone call from the company with an offer.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details Architecture questions

Interview Question – Detail explain architecture OOO scheme.   Answer Question

Analog ENgineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2011.

Interview Details mock manager interview taken by different managers, interviewed on analog basics, graduate level projects, indepth knowledge is needed

Interview Question – transistor level of adc design   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details I had two phone interviews with two members of the team. First interview was not great but the second one was great. They asked me about the skills needed to do the internships and also about my PhD work. They needed someone for a long term internship like 9 months or more. I was OK with that.

Interview Question – Before preparing for the phone screen, have a good look at the job req. Make sure you advertise those of your skill that are needed for the job. It is ok not to have all the skills. Nobody has that.   Answer Question

Performance Analysis Intern Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details Technical Phone Interview on Comp Arch Questions

Interview Question – Applying amdahl's laws to different system metrics   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for internships

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview Details I was hired as an intern then during internship interviewed for a fulltime position when graduated from college. Overall, this was the easiest software developer interview I had ever done. After 1 phone interview they brought me to their office. I then did 4 in-person interviews. 2 were technical and 2 were more business/soft skills/personality.

Interview Question – I reversed a string. They questioned on basic object-oriented design. Gave me a basic situation and asked for me to design an overall class diagram of objects and functions I would need.
One interview asked me a difficult SQL question at the beginning, I wasn't able to answer correctly. They then said they were done because the next questions were harder and left the room, was extremely rude. Still got the job though, I never had to work with that person thankfully.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR emailed me with offer. I tried to negotiate they said offer is not-negotiable.

Software Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2014.

Interview Details Just kind of called out of the blue. They didnt really interview me on much just asked basic c questions. Kind of easy to tell you the truth. If you have taken any sort of class in c your golden.

Negotiation Details – Nothing.

Software Engineer III Interview

Software Engineer III
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details I was contacted by my hiring manager for a position as a result of a resume drop off at career fair at my university. I was a Computer Engineer who wanted to work on digital hardware (specifically Computer Architecture) but I had strong software skills as well. I had a single phone screen interview in which I was asked basic software questions. From that, I was brought on-site in Santa Clara facing 4 interviewers. I had one interview where I was quizzed on basic computer architecture; one interview focused solely on software design principles (no coding problems however); one general interview to feel out my college curriculum experience; one final interview to feel out my ambitions and desires in regards to work. After that, I spoke with the hiring manager who just wanted to get a feel or my personality. In all, it was a very easy interview for me because I was not grilled hard in any one technical area.

Interview Question – I was asked some pretty tough architect questions relating to Design For Test principles, cache architecture, pipeline construction. I don't remember the specifics from 2+ years ago however.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a very good offer from the HR departnebt compared to some other companies I interviewed with. They explained the offer was a standard one for my grade level (Masters = Grade Level 5 @ Intel) that was not negotiable. There was a sizable moving bonus as well. Not much of a negotiator, I felt comfortable accepting it without making a fuss.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details Initial contact: got a call from a recruiter likely because of contacts I already have in the company. Again this highlights the importance of keeping in touch with past coworkers.
Interview:
Phone screen - about a 45 min phone interview primarily to get some idea on the extent of my projects role in terms of complexity and my ability to articulate past product life cycles.

On site interview - flew to my on site interview since the group is not in Santa Clara. The questions are mostly situational and behavioral in nature. I knew that this group had limited consumer product development experience so I thought that the key to getting an offer was to relate past risks, issues & challenges and how I dealt and managed them to get a product out. This was a whole day one on one interviews with other program managers, one manager and an architect. There were no technical questions. I did make sure to highlight that I had SW dev experience as a programmer, tech lead and manager in previous companies.

Hiring process: I received the offer within the week after one on site interview. I spoke with the recruiter regarding the compensation. The base salary was a lateral move from another high tech company but the the profit sharing/company bonus was better. I accepted the offer after talking to my contacts in the company. I have to say that boring team was very efficient and very accessible.

Interview Question – How do you manage a project / program with teams across different geographies, time zones, languages & cultures? I expected this question and it was asked more than once. This is a complex question as it calls into ones various skills: communication, organizational, physical and mental stamina and schedule flexibility.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation other than starting date. Intel provides for pay differential for positions in the Silicon Valley.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2011.

Interview Details Recruited from college - two interviews at school, then invited to on-site weekend. Weekend included dinner with other recruits and some managers, 4 45-minute interviews, and lunch with a current analyst to discuss culture and area.
Process took a couple of months, but I was still in school. If you apply with experience, it probably wouldn't take as long.

Interview Question – What financial controls would you put in place for a finance team at Intel?
If you were CFO, what would be your top 3 priorities?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intel Corporation

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Intel Corporation Videos

Intel Corporation – Why Work for Us?

As the world leader in silicon innovation, Intel develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Our world is filled with 41,000 engineers bent on turning science… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intel Corporation interview questions and advice in Santa Clara, CA. All 60 interview reviews posted anonymously by Intel Corporation employees and interview candidates.