Intel Corporation

Updated 18 Nov 2014

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

Review resume frst then pick 2-3 candidates for the phone interview. With a minor technical questions, pick 1-2 persons for the on-site interview. During the onsite interview, mostly see the behavior and potential whether he/she can co-work with team members.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to be a tool owner as a process engineer?   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

My advising professor received an email from a former student saying he was looking for recent/soon-to-be graduates in Mechanical Engineering. I sent him my resume and the next day had an hour phone interview, consisting of the details of my engineering experiences and what I wanted to do in my career. The next week I had an informal interview in Santa Clara, mostly consisting of more questions about my engineering experiences, and a thorough tour of the facilities related to the position and a lot of detail about the specifics of the job (the hiring manager was very concerned both that I was a good fit for the job and that the job was a good fit for me). The next week I came in for a formal interview, consisting of a 30 minute presentation of my engineering experiences to the group and a series of one-on-one interviews with each member of the group. The questions weren’t too difficult, with the exception of a few technical questions (by the younger members) and one interviewer who had some sort of sheet of standard (mostly behavioral) interview questions for a process engineer.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected: what are the 2 golden rules of an op amp (I’m a mechanical engineer)?   View Answers (2)

The job sounded amazing, but I got another offer for another (also amazing) job which had a much better location with regard to family and affordable housing.

Graduate Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Had two simple interviews. Questions were directly related to previous work done, from resume. Process took about 3 weeks. One interview was taken by a Software Engineer and the other was with the Manager,over all discussion about the team, project, job role. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were from the projects and simple algos and data structures   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2013.

Pretty nice group leader, the manager is kinda pushing. Take only one week from 1st phone call to get the offer. Two 15min phone interview. 5-6h on site. Already got a lot of info and warning from the manager about the hard work >=9h per day and on-call forever.... we'll see.

on going

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Received email about this position from the internal email system of our school, and I sent my resume to that person and given an interview over the phone. This position is to work on next-generation client(CPU) product in the area of architecture performance modeling and validation.

Interview Questions
    • When browsing a web page, after clicking on the enter button, what happens sequentially from top to the bottom?   View Answer

Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

1 phone interview

no negotiation

Performance Analysis Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2013.

Technical Phone Interview on Comp Arch Questions

No negotiation for internships

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2013.

I had two phone interviews with two members of the team. First interview was not great but the second one was great. They asked me about the skills needed to do the internships and also about my PhD work. They needed someone for a long term internship like 9 months or more. I was OK with that.

Interview Questions
    • Before preparing for the phone screen, have a good look at the job req. Make sure you advertise those of your skill that are needed for the job. It is ok not to have all the skills. Nobody has that.   Answer Question

Senior RF Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Intel Corporation.

I had several phone interviews and then invited for on-site. The phone interviews went well and I was reasonably interested to go for on-site, so I did. Around 12 people interviewed me through out the day and it was certainly exhausting. Most of the sessions were technical with some behavorial questions. Most people were really nice and polite. It is a new college grad position but I was asked questions which needed relevant industry experience to answer properly. I was clear about my qualifications and background before interviewing. I was nonetheless asked and grilled about topics I have nothing to do with. That was a little frustrating.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you caught your immediate supervisor doing something illegal?   View Answer

Job prospects did not excite me. The job seems more suited to MS level, not PhD.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2012.

For a contract position of 3+ months duration. Interview process was phone-only, consisted of talking to 3 department members for 1/2 hour each. No in-person interview needed due to good resume.

No negotiation. Contract employment agency had previously set a fixed rate.