InterContinental Hotels Group

Updated 28 Jan 2015
Updated 28 Jan 2015

2.7

Igrad Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

the hiring and interview process was not as other hotels. They were looking at presentation skills of an induviduals as well as how the handle situations that would occur in the hotels on a regular basis. Overall if you are confident it should be easy.

I Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in October 2013.

Nice company with nice interview including personal and technical interviewing for F&B department as a Hotel Operational trainee

Interview Questions
    • some of the capital and currencies for different countries like spain and portugal coz i ws siting fr F&B dept   View Answer

I got better oportunities

Program Manager Interview

There were two phone interviews, one in person interview followed 2 months later after being asked to work with their process and they were very interested. Then we had a panel interview and IHG provided no feedback after that step.

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2015.

Applied online and scheduled my interview. Went to IHG and had a personality test. After, I had a 1 on 1 interview with an HR rep. She asked about my background/previous job. She then gave me a skills test. Finished that and was told that I passed to get a 2nd interview. 2nd interview was a panel interview 2 on 1. Was asked to roleplay as a Customer Care Rep dealing with an angry caller. Was offered the job after passing that. I accepted and was told to wait for an e-mail to conduct the background check.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about something that you've done that you're not proud of."   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate, it's a CSR job.

Planning Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Applied online. Process took almost 2 months. 2 phone interviews, followed by 3 stages: Case study presentation, and another 2 other interviews. Questions were extensive and considerable knowledge of the industry was required.

Interview Questions
    • They all were relatively straightforward. Why this industry? Why us? What are the current events in this sector? How competition alters the landscape? Talk me through a change process. RoI on investment. P&L of a hotel calculation. etc   Answer Question

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in December 2014.

Went through a recruiter and spoke with one hiring manager who seemed to be having a busy day. He didn't seem to interested from the start and was only concerned with a couple of very specific quesitons/answers. He seemed a bit condescending on the interview.

Interview Questions
    • This was a very specific question related to a certain type of experience with a tool that they use and I answered but I don't believe that it was the answer that the hiriing manager wanted specifically. He wasn't specific enough in his questioning and didn't account for what the total application could do so I don't think he understood.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

First conversation with HR department
    Second conversation with Sales Manager and General Manager.

Due to juniority mostly questions related to studies and internships, as well as my motivation for the position.

Director Interview

I didn't enjoy the process. They brought several candidates who were competing for the same role on the same day, even having lunch together. that's ok for an internship position, not for a senior role. Pretty uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were OK, but none of candidates got one on one time with the hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager included another candidate at the same time. Akward.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in November 2014.

Got to know about this position through a work contact of a regional sales director. The HR manager emailed me and we agreed on a time to talk on the phone, just to get to know more about the work responsibility etc. The HR manager was very friendly and polite on the phone.

Interview Questions

It was a great career opportunity, but after finding out more about the position I felt that it was quite different from what I was looking for.

Guest Services Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Walk-In
    Gave the Assistant Manager my resume, and they happened to be hiring. I had previous experience as GSR at the Ramada. They liked I had experience, interview was mainly about previous experience (probably to see how quickly they could get me trained). Got a call next day and wanted to hire me. Training was for 2 weeks. One week check-outs, next, check-ins. Very simple and easy operating system. If you pay VERY closely to details and client information it should be a breeze to you.

Interview Questions
    • Funniest work experience... had to stay professional about it but still show personally.   Answer Question
    Most hotels now only pay $8.00/hr for front desk and you have a lot of responsibility, being manager on duty and always working by yourself, so you have to ask yourself is it really worth it.