InterContinental Hotels Group

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

2.7

Igrad Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

the hiring and interview process was not as other hotels. They were looking at presentation skills of an induviduals as well as how the handle situations that would occur in the hotels on a regular basis. Overall if you are confident it should be easy.

I Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in October 2013.

Nice company with nice interview including personal and technical interviewing for F&B department as a Hotel Operational trainee

Interview Questions
    • some of the capital and currencies for different countries like spain and portugal coz i ws siting fr F&B dept   View Answer

I got better oportunities

Director Interview

I didn't enjoy the process. They brought several candidates who were competing for the same role on the same day, even having lunch together. that's ok for an internship position, not for a senior role. Pretty uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were OK, but none of candidates got one on one time with the hiring manager. Interview with hiring manager included another candidate at the same time. Akward.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

First conversation with HR department
    Second conversation with Sales Manager and General Manager.

Due to juniority mostly questions related to studies and internships, as well as my motivation for the position.

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in November 2014.

Got to know about this position through a work contact of a regional sales director. The HR manager emailed me and we agreed on a time to talk on the phone, just to get to know more about the work responsibility etc. The HR manager was very friendly and polite on the phone.

Interview Questions

It was a great career opportunity, but after finding out more about the position I felt that it was quite different from what I was looking for.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Why are you interested in this Internship?
    What do you know about our organization?
    What is our mission statement?
    Why do you think you are qualified for this position?
    What do you know about the issues faced by our organization/constituents/members?
    Do you have any ideas on how to solve or address some of the issues our organization may face?
    What type of work environment do you prefer?
    What makes you unique from other candidates?
    What type of job-related skills have you developed that may help you in this internship?
    How would you assess your writing and communication skills?

Business Development Interview

Meet with Human Resources
    typical questions:
    Tell me about yourself
    What do you know about the company?
    How do you think you could fit into our culture?
    What do you expect out of this internship?

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Got to know of the position through network of people. I had 2 rounds of interviews. The process was straight forward. I had my offer in 1 week after my last round.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions about how one would handle situations.   Answer Question

Graduate Leadership Programme-Revenue Management Interview

First classic interview with motivational questions and questions from the cv + psychometric test composed of numerical, text comprehension and logical elements + competency based questions interview + assessment centre (role play, group role play, written case study, presentation of case study solution, interview)

Sales Coordinator Interview

The process will be done with the sales manager and director of sale ( Maybe even a sales coordinator if they have one at the time). On site in the hotel lobby. Dress professional and be early. They will try to make the process as fast as possible but the interview will be at least an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The questions will be basic tell me about yourself questions. Make sure to smile, be bubbly, and present a plan of what you would like to do for the company.   Answer Question

The pay rate was low