InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated 30 Mar 2015
Updated 30 Mar 2015

2.7

Igrad Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

the hiring and interview process was not as other hotels. They were looking at presentation skills of an induviduals as well as how the handle situations that would occur in the hotels on a regular basis. Overall if you are confident it should be easy.

I Host Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Panaji) in October 2013.

Interview

Nice company with nice interview including personal and technical interviewing for F&B department as a Hotel Operational trainee

Interview Questions

• some of the capital and currencies for different countries like spain and portugal coz i ws siting fr F&B dept   1 Answer

I got better oportunities

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

Applied for the position, hear back about scheduling an interview a week later. The first interview was all behavioral. The second was half behavioral and half technical. Asking about different hotel revenue techniques and general M&A questions. Had to work out an excel data sheet to answer some questions. Pivot table was best method for solving this.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

The interviews were held on one day. In total, 3 people interviewed me (individually). The hiring manager was last. Most of the questions were softballs, nothing very tough. IHG is a company that prides itself on hospitality and making people feel "at home", and this came out in the interviews. Nothing scary at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a failing project and how you handle communications of the failure(s).   Answer Question

Graduate Program - Revenue Management - First Interview (Phone Interview With HR) Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Interview

First step : selection based on resume and cover letter
    Second step : phone interview with HR
    Third step : online tests
    Fourth step : phone interview with relevant field directors
    Fifth step : Assessment center in one of the hotels
    Final selection

Interview Questions

• Standard questions : why would you like to work for us ? What skills do you have which fits with the mission you are applying for ? Tell me a mission you accomplished you were particularly proud of ?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Paris (France)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very friendly but professional, however the online tests were difficult. First interview followed a spesific outline of questions, but with some flexibility to elaborate further on certain topics if deemed appropriate. If you pass the first interview, you have to do online tests (deductive reasoning, IQ, math, reasoning, etc), and if you pass the test, you have to do a second interview over Skype, and then they will tell you if you made it to the final stage of testing at an Assessment Center with a few select candidates.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself.
      - Why do you want this position?
      - Why InterContinental?
      - What do you know about InterContinental? How did you go about finding information about us?
      - Can you tell me about a weakness you have or been told that you have. Have you done anything to try to improve?
      - You have no direct experience for the position you are applying for. Why should we hire you?
      - Do you have any questions for me?

Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 1 face to face, followed up by another phone interview.
    They said they really liked me and thought I was a good fit at the face to face but then never called me back to say yes or no.

Interview Questions

• General open ended questions..."What have you done with ...?" Some questions like "Explain how xyz was done previously and your role with it." All of that was during the first 2 calls and the face to face. For the 3rd call the lower level person who did not make the hiring decision kept asking very technical questions about subjects that were not relevant, technologies that were outdated, or about items that I had already stated that I was not familiar with. He kept asking the same questions just rewording them.

Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

There were two phone interviews, one in person interview followed 2 months later after being asked to work with their process and they were very interested. Then we had a panel interview and IHG provided no feedback after that step.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled my interview. Went to IHG and had a personality test. After, I had a 1 on 1 interview with an HR rep. She asked about my background/previous job. She then gave me a skills test. Finished that and was told that I passed to get a 2nd interview. 2nd interview was a panel interview 2 on 1. Was asked to roleplay as a Customer Care Rep dealing with an angry caller. Was offered the job after passing that. I accepted and was told to wait for an e-mail to conduct the background check.

Interview Questions

• "Tell us about something that you've done that you're not proud of."   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, it's a CSR job.

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of days later got an email asking me to schedule an interview. I went to the office at the appointed hour and waited a couple minutes before I was sent to talk to a nice lady about why I was applying. After I was asked to take a couple test on a computer followed by a mock call situation test on a computer. After I talked to a second interviewer and after answering more questions mostly about past experience I was asked to take a call from him to reserve him a room and then I was offered the job.