InterContinental Hotels Group Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2014
Updated 21 Oct 2014

2.7

Igrad Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

the hiring and interview process was not as other hotels. They were looking at presentation skills of an induviduals as well as how the handle situations that would occur in the hotels on a regular basis. Overall if you are confident it should be easy.

I Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panaji

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group in October 2013.

Nice company with nice interview including personal and technical interviewing for F&B department as a Hotel Operational trainee

Interview Questions
    • some of the capital and currencies for different countries like spain and portugal coz i ws siting fr F&B dept   View Answer

I got better oportunities

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Why are you interested in this Internship?
    What do you know about our organization?
    What is our mission statement?
    Why do you think you are qualified for this position?
    What do you know about the issues faced by our organization/constituents/members?
    Do you have any ideas on how to solve or address some of the issues our organization may face?
    What type of work environment do you prefer?
    What makes you unique from other candidates?
    What type of job-related skills have you developed that may help you in this internship?
    How would you assess your writing and communication skills?

Business Development Interview

Meet with Human Resources
    typical questions:
    Tell me about yourself
    What do you know about the company?
    How do you think you could fit into our culture?
    What do you expect out of this internship?

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham, South East England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Got to know of the position through network of people. I had 2 rounds of interviews. The process was straight forward. I had my offer in 1 week after my last round.

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions about how one would handle situations.   Answer Question

Graduate Leadership Programme-Revenue Management Interview

First classic interview with motivational questions and questions from the cv + psychometric test composed of numerical, text comprehension and logical elements + competency based questions interview + assessment centre (role play, group role play, written case study, presentation of case study solution, interview)

Sales Coordinator Interview

The process will be done with the sales manager and director of sale ( Maybe even a sales coordinator if they have one at the time). On site in the hotel lobby. Dress professional and be early. They will try to make the process as fast as possible but the interview will be at least an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The questions will be basic tell me about yourself questions. Make sure to smile, be bubbly, and present a plan of what you would like to do for the company.   Answer Question

The pay rate was low

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

I applied the front dest receptionist position online, which included several short essay questions and some basic information. I got a phone call 3days later and told you to come the day the hr called you or the next day. The interview was one on one and lasted about 18 minutes. Asked about my previous working experience and gave some example how I perform my excellent customer service. The interview was not hard just be honest.

Communications Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Really depends on the hiring team. I was screened by our recruiter. Then I did a behavioral phone interview. Then I was interviewed by the Director and Manager of the team.

Team Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at InterContinental Hotels Group.

Applied for the position online and was given a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was conducted by 2 people. Asked what my definition of integrity. About 2 weeks later I was called back for a face to face interview. I was taken on a tour of the facility, it was a very nice contact center. I was then interviewed by two Operation Managers who were very nice and personable. The interview questions weren't too difficult, typical contact center questions. How would you motivate your team and earn their respect? How would you respond to change? They gave me the opportunity to ask questions. Overall great interview, very nice and professional people. Hope to hear from them soon.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question but not difficult was if you were any kind of animal what would it be and why? Guess a character question. It was fun.   Answer Question