InterContinental Hotels Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
104 interviews

2.7

Igrad Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

the hiring and interview process was not as other hotels. They were looking at presentation skills of an induviduals as well as how the handle situations that would occur in the hotels on a regular basis. Overall if you are confident it should be easy.

I Host Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Panaji
    Anonymous Employee in Panaji

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in October 2013.

Nice company with nice interview including personal and technical interviewing for F&B department as a Hotel Operational trainee

Interview Questions
    • some of the capital and currencies for different countries like spain and portugal coz i ws siting fr F&B dept   View Answer

I got better oportunities

First classic interview with motivational questions and questions from the cv + psychometric test composed of numerical, text comprehension and logical elements + competency based questions interview + assessment centre (role play, group role play, written case study, presentation of case study solution, interview)

Sales Coordinator Interview

The process will be done with the sales manager and director of sale ( Maybe even a sales coordinator if they have one at the time). On site in the hotel lobby. Dress professional and be early. They will try to make the process as fast as possible but the interview will be at least an hour.

Interview Questions
    • The questions will be basic tell me about yourself questions. Make sure to smile, be bubbly, and present a plan of what you would like to do for the company.   Answer Question

The pay rate was low

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Binghamton, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

I applied the front dest receptionist position online, which included several short essay questions and some basic information. I got a phone call 3days later and told you to come the day the hr called you or the next day. The interview was one on one and lasted about 18 minutes. Asked about my previous working experience and gave some example how I perform my excellent customer service. The interview was not hard just be honest.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Al Farwānīyah (Kuwait)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Al Farwānīyah (Kuwait)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in February 2012.

Two Interviews - Corporate HR and Owning Company Representative - both were behavioral with the HR one being more of an technical experience base and the other being more of a strategic and behavior interview

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral/Situation line of questions   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate and the soft sell method worked.

Guest Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2011.

If you're studying Hospitality, the interview was done with HR first then the properties "picked" who they liked. (only one property at a time could pick you, so if you said no, then you may not get another property picking you / if you said yes, a better opportunity may have been waiting but missed out on picking you).
    Then met with managers for one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward interview questions, nothing that I wasn't prepared for. As long as you follow the STAR behavioural technique you'll be fine. Have a few generalised answers that can be moulded to suit the question.   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels.

Really depends on the hiring team. I was screened by our recruiter. Then I did a behavioral phone interview. Then I was interviewed by the Director and Manager of the team.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in March 2014.

very accurate it was very long but not overwhelming i was interviewed by 3 persons, the HRM, the FOM and the GM at the end for more than an hour

Assistant Gm Hotel Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at InterContinental Hotels in January 2013.

Very smooth and educational process. I was kept informed over the entire process. Process was timed just right. Everyone I came in contact with was great. Traveling to the corporate office was impressive.

Past Experience

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!