International Paper Interview Questions

Updated 9 Apr 2015
Updated 9 Apr 2015

2.9

Production Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at International Paper (Amarillo, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Took an aptitude test and then got a call for the interview a week later, after the interview got the job offer less than a week later. Interview consisted of two people with typical production scenario based questions...(how would you handle...how this affected you...etc.)

Interview Questions

• how did you handle a project on the job where you had to over produce to meet the vehicle's need?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to overcome a big change and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations but option to work 2 certain shifts. Evening and night shifts were the options.

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at International Paper.

Interview

3 day recruiting event..1 group activity, 2 panel interviews, a mill visit, job fair with different mills. Breakfast, lunch and dinner with company managers and recruits. lots of opportunity to get know more about different mills and their production.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a quick decision. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation...take it or leave it.

REACH Engineer Interview

Interview

On-campus interview after career fair and 3-day onsite recruiting event. The onsite event included several interviews, a team activity, speed networking, networking dinners and lunches, and a mill tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you made the wrong decision at work or in a project.   Answer Question

Co-Op Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at International Paper (Mansfield, LA (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Met at career fair. Interviewed via phone with plant manager and HR manager. Was asked situational questions as well as background questions. Very laid back, yet to the point. Definitely not something to be nervous about.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation in which you had to lead or be in charge of people that were more experienced and knew more than you.   Answer Question

Actually haven't decided yet.

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Paper.

Interview

Applied through university career fair. Interview was a typical personality based interview. Interviewers were nice but also seemed to be observing everything you say to find a flaw. I probably wasn't as experience in the field the were looking for as other candidates which is why I believe to have not received a second round invitation because the interview was pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• No technical question just typical stuff like here's a situation in the workplace how would you react.   Answer Question

Forklift Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Paper (Aurora, IL (US)).

Interview

Interview with general manager and site manager was about an hour long asking general questions about background and experience. Not a long interview or a hard one. All in all not bad.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this company as a forklift driver?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Global Sourcing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at International Paper.

Interview

The initial greeting and dinner process was great. The staff was pleasant, warm, and great to get along with, however, the interview itself seemed quite the opposite. Even from the start, it seemed as if it was a bother to them to be there interviewing. The inconsistencies that they showed from what I and the other candidates had been exposed to were a major turn-off.

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at International Paper in October 2014.

Interview

They came to my school to do initial interviews, ~30min long. Immediately after I got invited to go to an onsite interview. At the onsite about 100 over students were also invited. I was put in a Marriott and they a whole agenda planned out for the next 2 days. The first night was speed dating and a mini career fair for all the different locations. The second day was a mill tour and two ~45 min interviews. I chose which locations I was most interested in. The next day I had breakfast and talked to employees one last night. Great experience.

REACH Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at International Paper (Augusta, GA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Found IP online, applied and got a call back. I knew someone who recently got hired. I figured I would check to see if IP had a program for recent grads. HR and I got in touch. Then I had a phone interview. After that, IP flew me down to a very well-done recruiting event in Georgia. The next week, I got a great offer, flew down to the mill, and decided to accept.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to describe a time in past work experience where I messed up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

IP salary was competitive with other companies. I really liked the on-site mill visit and the people, that convinced me to take this offer.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at International Paper in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted with two IT managers. The best way to summarize the interview that it was questions about yourself, work experience, and education background. They were also more interested in if you do any extracurricular activities and outside projects. After the two IT managers asked their questions, they asked if I had any questions regarding to the company and the intern position.