Intuit Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit (Bangalore) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. It lasted for about half an hour. The intention was about the understanding of rest apis, test framework, java basics etc. Still awaiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• 1. OOPS concepts. Explanation about Polymorphism, Inheritance. Method overloading, overriding examples.
      2. Asynchronous REST api concept.
      3. REST api automation.
      4. Difference between interface and abstract class.
      5. REST api automation code to set the yahoo home page.
      6. Selenium basics.
      7. SOAP api testing basics.
      8. HTTP status and their significance.

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Bangalore) in February 2015.

Interview

Communicated via local recruiter and she called back within 2 3 days. Directly called for onsite, and process consisted of 3 rounds with senior most people in team. Interview was more around discussions and open ended logical problems. Nothing out of book or given x algorithm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't felt like negotiating, offer was pretty competitive.

Big Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Applied through consultancy. Interview process was quick. Face to face interview with two different people, each one was for about 1 hour. It was followed by a managerial round, all on the same day

Interview Questions

• School type questions on java features, sql database, design patterns, one person in the interview panel was very unfriendly.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit (Bangalore) in January 2015.

Interview

Totally four rounds one telephonic and rest three face to face,initially four rounds were scheduled but they conducted only three rounds. They asked me to take full day leave and come left me at 2 o clock so a leave of mine wasted I could have done in half day leave. Still haven't heard from them. They have asked mostly technical questions related to threads, the implemention of connection pool and hash map, not the run of the mill interview questions, one design and at least a few algo are compulsory.

Staff Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

First Telephonic discussion followed by 3 technical discussions and a Manager round.
    Little bit of coding around Java, TestNG, Selenium, Silk Test
    Exposure to tools like Junit / NUnit, Jmeter, Silk Performer, SCM tools, Code coverage tools, test case repository tools

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Joining Bonus

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Applied through company website.
    Received a call from recruiter.
    Scheduled Phone interview.
    rejected after Phone interview.
    Asked 3 questions.
    1 Q was on Bit Manipulatrion, other question was on Data structures.
    The 3rd Q was an easy puzzle.

Interview Questions

• I felt the Bit manipulation question was a bit tricky.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit (Bangalore) in October 2014.

Interview

I had an excellent interview experience at Intuit, Bangalore. I had applied for post of Staff Software Engineer through a placement consultant. I had an initial telephonic round which lasted about 40 mins. The questions were mostly technical and the interviewer explored the various technologies I had worked on. I got a call the very same day for a face to face interview after 3 days. I was handed an interview program which outlined the interviews name and profile and timings. I felt that was great.

The face to face was for 5 rounds with two technical rounds followed by a round with development manager and the architect. They were very cool and I was extremely comfortable during the interview. The questions were not too tough but they covered all the areas and there were few engaging questions testing your design capabilities.

My interview completed just yesterday so still waiting for feedback.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit (Bangalore).

Interview

1 tech, 1 HR interview and one on-spot design work sort of.
    Algorithms questions, Resume questions that's it. little about design pattern. when & where to the design patterns. Asked about Factory, Template and Builder pattern.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was an intern interview only. Got the Pre-Placement Offer after intern completion.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit (Bangalore) in September 2014.

Interview

Explanation of current project in detail and questions related to java web service security mechanism, query parameters. How to test the post url.Questions about getting max value of a column from a table, sort by command in sql . Implement ArrayList using Array in java. Given a scenario which data structure will be efficient (Arraylist or linkedlist). Diff between SOAP vs restful webservices. Hibernate Vs JDBC ?

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Interview

We first had a PPT about the company. They focused on innovation a lot and what they do. The people presenting seemed pretty cool and professional at the same time. Team consisted of youngsters and extremely experienced employees as well.

This was followed by a written elimination round. There were 4 coding questions in 1 hour. The complete code with proper syntax had to be written on paper. Test cases and complexity was also asked.
    1) Two binary numbers as linked lists. Add them and give result as linked list.
    2) Sort a stack in ascending order, using only another stack.
    3) Given an array of integers. Output is an array where the value at index i is the product of all other numbers except the one at position i in the original array.
    4) Check if a number can be generated form the following process: take 1, multiply by 3 any number of times or add 5 any number of times. Output the path or not possible.
    Eg: 13 = 1 * 3 + 5 + 5, 15 : Not possible

They shortlisted 12 students for interviews.
    Next day, we had a "Design for delight" session. It wasn't an elimination round, but we got to experience how to approach a problem and design solutions. Interviewers were making notes during the process about us.

Technical interview:
    Discussed my written round paper. Asked me to find a bug in the code I wrote for question 1. Was very impressed when I answered correctly.
    Asked me logic of the stack question.
    Choose a data structure. I chose linked list. Asked me to reverse linked list by recursion since I knew by iteration.
    Gave solution to problem 4 and asked me to find logical errors and debug it.
    Asked about projects/internship in my resume
    Discussion about QE role and dev role.

HR Interview:
    Just basic discussion on what they do
    How would you test Google web page. What all is involved - just discussion nothing serious.
    Resume based discussion - courses/electives

The interview process was very relaxed and different. They just want to know if you can think in the right direction.

Interview Questions

• Check if a number can be generated form the following process: take 1, multiply by 3 any number of times or add 5 any number of times. Output the path or not possible.
      Eg: 13 = 1 * 3 + 5 + 5, 15 : Not possible

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.