Intuit

Intuit Interview Questions

Updated 15 Feb 2015
Updated 15 Feb 2015

Big Data Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit.

Applied through consultancy. Interview process was quick. Face to face interview with two different people, each one was for about 1 hour. It was followed by a managerial round, all on the same day

Interview Questions
    • School type questions on java features, sql database, design patterns, one person in the interview panel was very unfriendly.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit in January 2015.

Totally four rounds one telephonic and rest three face to face,initially four rounds were scheduled but they conducted only three rounds. They asked me to take full day leave and come left me at 2 o clock so a leave of mine wasted I could have done in half day leave. Still haven't heard from them. They have asked mostly technical questions related to threads, the implemention of connection pool and hash map, not the run of the mill interview questions, one design and at least a few algo are compulsory.

Staff Quality Engineer Interview

First Telephonic discussion followed by 3 technical discussions and a Manager round.
    Little bit of coding around Java, TestNG, Selenium, Silk Test
    Exposure to tools like Junit / NUnit, Jmeter, Silk Performer, SCM tools, Code coverage tools, test case repository tools

Joining Bonus

Software Developer, India Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Intuit.

Applied through company website.
    Received a call from recruiter.
    Scheduled Phone interview.
    rejected after Phone interview.
    Asked 3 questions.
    1 Q was on Bit Manipulatrion, other question was on Data structures.
    The 3rd Q was an easy puzzle.

Interview Questions
    • I felt the Bit manipulation question was a bit tricky.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in October 2014.

I had an excellent interview experience at Intuit, Bangalore. I had applied for post of Staff Software Engineer through a placement consultant. I had an initial telephonic round which lasted about 40 mins. The questions were mostly technical and the interviewer explored the various technologies I had worked on. I got a call the very same day for a face to face interview after 3 days. I was handed an interview program which outlined the interviews name and profile and timings. I felt that was great.

The face to face was for 5 rounds with two technical rounds followed by a round with development manager and the architect. They were very cool and I was extremely comfortable during the interview. The questions were not too tough but they covered all the areas and there were few engaging questions testing your design capabilities.

My interview completed just yesterday so still waiting for feedback.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit.

1 tech, 1 HR interview and one on-spot design work sort of.
    Algorithms questions, Resume questions that's it. little about design pattern. when & where to the design patterns. Asked about Factory, Template and Builder pattern.

Interview Questions
    I was an intern interview only. Got the Pre-Placement Offer after intern completion.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Explanation of current project in detail and questions related to java web service security mechanism, query parameters. How to test the post url.Questions about getting max value of a column from a table, sort by command in sql . Implement ArrayList using Array in java. Given a scenario which data structure will be efficient (Arraylist or linkedlist). Diff between SOAP vs restful webservices. Hibernate Vs JDBC ?

(Software Developer/Quality Engineering) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

We first had a PPT about the company. They focused on innovation a lot and what they do. The people presenting seemed pretty cool and professional at the same time. Team consisted of youngsters and extremely experienced employees as well.

This was followed by a written elimination round. There were 4 coding questions in 1 hour. The complete code with proper syntax had to be written on paper. Test cases and complexity was also asked.
    1) Two binary numbers as linked lists. Add them and give result as linked list.
    2) Sort a stack in ascending order, using only another stack.
    3) Given an array of integers. Output is an array where the value at index i is the product of all other numbers except the one at position i in the original array.
    4) Check if a number can be generated form the following process: take 1, multiply by 3 any number of times or add 5 any number of times. Output the path or not possible.
    Eg: 13 = 1 * 3 + 5 + 5, 15 : Not possible

They shortlisted 12 students for interviews.
    Next day, we had a "Design for delight" session. It wasn't an elimination round, but we got to experience how to approach a problem and design solutions. Interviewers were making notes during the process about us.

Technical interview:
    Discussed my written round paper. Asked me to find a bug in the code I wrote for question 1. Was very impressed when I answered correctly.
    Asked me logic of the stack question.
    Choose a data structure. I chose linked list. Asked me to reverse linked list by recursion since I knew by iteration.
    Gave solution to problem 4 and asked me to find logical errors and debug it.
    Asked about projects/internship in my resume
    Discussion about QE role and dev role.

HR Interview:
    Just basic discussion on what they do
    How would you test Google web page. What all is involved - just discussion nothing serious.
    Resume based discussion - courses/electives

The interview process was very relaxed and different. They just want to know if you can think in the right direction.

Interview Questions
    • Check if a number can be generated form the following process: take 1, multiply by 3 any number of times or add 5 any number of times. Output the path or not possible.
      Eg: 13 = 1 * 3 + 5 + 5, 15 : Not possible

Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Called for F2F round. 2 rounds of technical Interview.The duration of discussion was around 90 minutes with each person. It was a nice discussion. Questions were easy and related to your current project work and some basic algorithm and Java question.

It was a nice discussion but did not get any response after that, not sure why.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit.

Was referred by a friend and applied online.

The recruiter contacted me around 2-3 months later and scheduled an interview with the Program Manager.

The questions were around my work in previous companies and nature and scale of my responsibilities. I got the impression that my resume was being read for the first time. Links to details and references within my resume that were hosted on the internet were all being opened for the first time. It all looked so surreal and absurd. I expected better preparation from someone asking questions in an interview.

The recruiter did not respond to queries. I got the impression that the recruiting process in Intuit India is bungled up.