Intuit Interview Questions

Updated 10 Oct 2014
Updated 10 Oct 2014

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit in October 2014.

I had an excellent interview experience at Intuit, Bangalore. I had applied for post of Staff Software Engineer through a placement consultant. I had an initial telephonic round which lasted about 40 mins. The questions were mostly technical and the interviewer explored the various technologies I had worked on. I got a call the very same day for a face to face interview after 3 days. I was handed an interview program which outlined the interviews name and profile and timings. I felt that was great.

The face to face was for 5 rounds with two technical rounds followed by a round with development manager and the architect. They were very cool and I was extremely comfortable during the interview. The questions were not too tough but they covered all the areas and there were few engaging questions testing your design capabilities.

My interview completed just yesterday so still waiting for feedback.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit.

1 tech, 1 HR interview and one on-spot design work sort of.
    Algorithms questions, Resume questions that's it. little about design pattern. when & where to the design patterns. Asked about Factory, Template and Builder pattern.

Interview Questions
    I was an intern interview only. Got the Pre-Placement Offer after intern completion.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Explanation of current project in detail and questions related to java web service security mechanism, query parameters. How to test the post url.Questions about getting max value of a column from a table, sort by command in sql . Implement ArrayList using Array in java. Given a scenario which data structure will be efficient (Arraylist or linkedlist). Diff between SOAP vs restful webservices. Hibernate Vs JDBC ?

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

Called for F2F round. 2 rounds of technical Interview.The duration of discussion was around 90 minutes with each person. It was a nice discussion. Questions were easy and related to your current project work and some basic algorithm and Java question.

It was a nice discussion but did not get any response after that, not sure why.

(Software Developer/Quality Engineering) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Intuit in September 2014.

We first had a PPT about the company. They focused on innovation a lot and what they do. The people presenting seemed pretty cool and professional at the same time. Team consisted of youngsters and extremely experienced employees as well.

This was followed by a written elimination round. There were 4 coding questions in 1 hour. The complete code with proper syntax had to be written on paper. Test cases and complexity was also asked.
    1) Two binary numbers as linked lists. Add them and give result as linked list.
    2) Sort a stack in ascending order, using only another stack.
    3) Given an array of integers. Output is an array where the value at index i is the product of all other numbers except the one at position i in the original array.
    4) Check if a number can be generated form the following process: take 1, multiply by 3 any number of times or add 5 any number of times. Output the path or not possible.
    Eg: 13 = 1 * 3 + 5 + 5, 15 : Not possible

They shortlisted 12 students for interviews.
    Next day, we had a "Design for delight" session. It wasn't an elimination round, but we got to experience how to approach a problem and design solutions. Interviewers were making notes during the process about us.

Technical interview:
    Discussed my written round paper. Asked me to find a bug in the code I wrote for question 1. Was very impressed when I answered correctly.
    Asked me logic of the stack question.
    Choose a data structure. I chose linked list. Asked me to reverse linked list by recursion since I knew by iteration.
    Gave solution to problem 4 and asked me to find logical errors and debug it.
    Asked about projects/internship in my resume
    Discussion about QE role and dev role.

HR Interview:
    Just basic discussion on what they do
    How would you test Google web page. What all is involved - just discussion nothing serious.
    Resume based discussion - courses/electives

The interview process was very relaxed and different. They just want to know if you can think in the right direction.

Interview Questions
    • Check if a number can be generated form the following process: take 1, multiply by 3 any number of times or add 5 any number of times. Output the path or not possible.
      Eg: 13 = 1 * 3 + 5 + 5, 15 : Not possible
        Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Intuit.

Was referred by a friend and applied online.

The recruiter contacted me around 2-3 months later and scheduled an interview with the Program Manager.

The questions were around my work in previous companies and nature and scale of my responsibilities. I got the impression that my resume was being read for the first time. Links to details and references within my resume that were hosted on the internet were all being opened for the first time. It all looked so surreal and absurd. I expected better preparation from someone asking questions in an interview.

The recruiter did not respond to queries. I got the impression that the recruiting process in Intuit India is bungled up.

SSE Interview

Phone interview will be done first then there might 2-4 technical interview and final will be HR. You need to clear phone interview. If at all you got rejected for first itme you might get another call whenever there is an opening based on your profile and performance during the interview

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Intuit.

2 rounds
    1) behavioral - basic HR questions regarding team work,leadership qualities, time constraints, multiple responsibilities, all with example.
    2)Technical - resume discussion, multi threading , abstract class vs interface, sql.

No negotiation, offer was very much generous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Intuit in December 2013.

Got a call from HR and scheduled a face to face round.

Never had such a unprofessional experience in interviews.

My interview was scheduled at 10:00 AM .It started at 10 and finished by 10:10 AM and i was asked to leave for the day.I dont know how they assessed a person of nearly 9 years of experience in a span of 10 minutes .

The person interviewed did n't have the minimum courtesy of introducing himself before the interview.Secondly he went through my profile only after entering the interview room. May be he might have felt my profile is not suitable for current requirement.But they should have taken care of these things before shortlisting a profile.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online – interviewed at Intuit in October 2013.

First round was telephonic. followed by tech questions

Interview Questions
    • What is the test process followed by you? Write pseudo code for fibanocci series?
      Not much technical questions.
        View Answers (2)