Intuit Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
324 interviews

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Intuit.

Was referred by a friend and applied online.

The recruiter contacted me around 2-3 months later and scheduled an interview with the Program Manager.

The questions were around my work in previous companies and nature and scale of my responsibilities. I got the impression that my resume was being read for the first time. Links to details and references within my resume that were hosted on the internet were all being opened for the first time. It all looked so surreal and absurd. I expected better preparation from someone asking questions in an interview.

The recruiter did not respond to queries. I got the impression that the recruiting process in Intuit India is bungled up.

Senior Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Intuit in November 2010.

Got an Employee referral. The process was pretty fast. There were 5 rounds done in a day. First two were technical rounds where lot of QA related questions and situations were. Then there was a panel discussion round. Finally a manager round round and HR rounds. Employees were very friendly and knowledgeable. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • lot of logical reasoning questions and database queries   Answer Question
    You can negotiate.

SSE Interview

Phone interview will be done first then there might 2-4 technical interview and final will be HR. You need to clear phone interview. If at all you got rejected for first itme you might get another call whenever there is an opening based on your profile and performance during the interview

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Intuit in February 2011.

Overall experience was great. the Panel was respectful and was quite engaging. I was there for a Sr Manager QE role. Started with a Dev lead, then an automation lead, followed by the hiring manager and the Group manager. Questions were ranging in all forms but they were very thoughtful and detailed.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Intuit.

2 rounds
    1) behavioral - basic HR questions regarding team work,leadership qualities, time constraints, multiple responsibilities, all with example.
    2)Technical - resume discussion, multi threading , abstract class vs interface, sql.

No negotiation, offer was very much generous.

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Intuit in December 2013.

Got a call from HR and scheduled a face to face round.

Never had such a unprofessional experience in interviews.

My interview was scheduled at 10:00 AM .It started at 10 and finished by 10:10 AM and i was asked to leave for the day.I dont know how they assessed a person of nearly 9 years of experience in a span of 10 minutes .

The person interviewed did n't have the minimum courtesy of introducing himself before the interview.Secondly he went through my profile only after entering the interview room. May be he might have felt my profile is not suitable for current requirement.But they should have taken care of these things before shortlisting a profile.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Intuit in August 2013.

1 written round.
    6 technical and 1 puzzle to be solved in 1 hour.

followed by team building group activity

after that, 2 rounds of interview.
    few technical questions,puzzles and project related questions.

Interview Questions
    • Not much of difficult questions.Asked fundamental questions on data structures,networking OS.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed online - interviewed at Intuit in October 2013.

First round was telephonic. followed by tech questions

Interview Questions
    • What is the test process followed by you? Write pseudo code for fibanocci series?
      Not much technical questions.
        View Answers (2)

Principal Engineer Interview

1 Round of Telephonic, 3 rounds of technical, 1 round with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement Single Signon with social networks in WPF. They would have an accordian or a list box on the left, the authentication view on the right   Answer Question
    • How would you create a factory pattern in c# in such a way that I could just add Concrete classes and not have to modify the scaffolding (the creators).   Answer Question
    • Usual MVVM concepts   Answer Question
    • UI Virtuallization   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Intuit in August 2013.

Had Two Technical Round.
    Round 1 :
    Design Sudoku Game

Round 2: { Most Memorable ;) }
    Q1 : Design a System Which contains multiple components, And all components are in same Assembly. All These Components are independent. Design a Communication System such that:-
    a. Sender is Not Aware of Reciever
    b. Any New Component Addition Should Not Change the System Implementation.
    ( I Guess Interviewer also Not aware What he was asking ;) :P When he told sender is not aware of receiver hehehehe )

Q2. Design a System to Handle Different Type of Objects
    And Perform an Operation on the Sender Object.
    a. Design to scale , it should handle huge number of Different kind of objects.

Q3: Find Whether a Input string had Palindrome?
    Example :
    Input Samples : "1234xyzyx5678" , "abcdefeabc"
    Output : A Bool Value, True if Contains a Palindrome , False otherwise. ( In this Example input string conatins "xyzyx" and efe" Palindrome respectively)

Interview Questions
    • After Round 2 I Asked Interviewer How he would Solution for Above mentioned Q1 & Q2 questions of the Round 2 Technical Interview.
      Very Smartly Interviewer Did not take any effort to answer and also told me find it out by myself :)
        View Answers (3)

Worked for Intuit? Contribute to the Community!