Iron Mountain Inc Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.8

Territory Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in May 2014.

I initially had a phone interview with Field Recruiting for Iron Mountain's North American Operations. The phone interview went well and it led to a face to face interview with 4 people from the Iron Mountain. I interviewed with the four people, two at a time in a conference room. The interviews went well and I was complemented on being prepared. The people I met were open, friendly (during our meeting) and I sent each of the interviewers a follow up email to thank them for the opportunity to talk with them about the position. I also reaffirmed my interest. I received one response thanking me for the preparation and interview and saying I would be notified of their decision. I believe 4 people were being interviewed that day. That's where the professionalism stopped. I did not hear anything back from any of the five people who interviewed for Iron Mountain. I followed up again in a week to ten days via email. No Response (from anyone)! I followed up again , this time with a phone call and left a message. No Response. I followed up again with no response.
    My conclusion. They are either too busy to be professional or aren't professionals. Unfortunately it left me with a bad feeling about Iron Mountain's lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to provide examples of profitability analysis & improvements you've done in past experiences.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in February 2014.

My interview process took 6 weeks and I didn't get the job, but was later hired by a different division - it's a better fit. I took a personality test, 2 in-person interviews. Two phone interviews with different people. Then a dinner. A personality test, powerpoint with people in multiple time zones, Several email questions, a drug test, background check and several calls.

Interview Questions
    • Can you envision yourself in this role in 5 years or would you want to move up to management?   View Answer

Courier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

The process can be slightly tedious. You have to list a lot of information and they do a thorough background check, due to the fact your are constantly around confidential information. You go through an interview with to people usually on the same day. Then if you get hired you are offered and acceptance letter and start right away. The acceptance process because of the background check can take a few weeks.

IT Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in February 2010.

Interview process was easy, spoke to 4 different folks on two occasions in person. This was after one phone screen. The process included a written cultural fit questionaire. It also required a drug test. The process took around three weeks and was not particularly difficult

Interview Questions
    • There we now trick questions. The HR interviews were straight forward. The technical interviews just verified my technical background as expected. 4 references were required and they seemed to ant them early in the process   Answer Question

• Document Preparer & Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Wayne, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in December 2013.

Meet with hiring Manager. He showed me all around to different rooms in the facility. As in the preparing room/scanning room, and the data entry room and the warehouse and the safe room. Asked several questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, hired through a temporary service.

Director Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in January 2010.

3 stage process which helped IM evaluate me and for me to evaluate the company. They made sure I was able to meet with the key stakeholders and those I would be working with directly. It was a good process and they were able to share details regarding benefits and incentive programs.

Interview Questions
    • Explain the most significant accomplishment in your current role and your most significant opportunity for improvement.   View Answer
    Not really...

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview process involved meeting initially with the hiring director followed by interviews with the operations team. Was giving the PI test.

Interview Questions
    • UNexpected question: How do you feel when people don't believe you?   Answer Question
    Very professional

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in July 2012.

Recuirter contacted me via LinkedIn. Interview process was long but overall experience was postive. Do your research on this company so that you are informed.

Interview Questions
    Negotions took over a month and a half. Background check was about 3 weeks due to Iron Mountain being a very secure company.

Sales Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in March 2014.

One interview with Head of Sales Operations Consultant. Relatively easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview Questions: What do you know about the company?
      If you had a large sum of money how would you spend it?
        Answer Question

Transportation Service Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

the Interview was not long, basic questions about your goals and what makes you different from the next. The process took about a month after filling out the application. Next is training which last about three months.