Iron Mountain Inc Interview Questions

Updated 3 Apr 2015
Updated 3 Apr 2015

2.8

Applications Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Bangalore) in December 2010.

Interview

There were 3 rounds.1 telephonic..1 technical f2f and then again one more technical f2f.first two were conducted by a well behaved person.But the 3rd round was conducted by a very arrongant and harsh person who has a limited set of knowledge about the subject and was very adamant in accepting the facts.He considers support people to be superior over application developers and was showing attitude.Decided to reject the offer to work under such kind of person and because the role was 100 percent voice based database support and not development.

Interview Questions

• Not even a single standard question was asked.Everything seems like taken out from google.Basic definitions and some support issues faced were asked.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Bangalore) in April 2009.

Interview

first technical question, second one technical with manager, third is HR. Finally got offer...I worked for two years till 2011. Pros: Work from home option( it is no more i think), close to my home ; Cons: Bad work culture, no ethics, no professionalism

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Bad, they are not interested in negotiating..they just want some people to immediately join, no look for best people..

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc (Cerritos, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was fairly fast. I applied and received phone screen in two days and scheduled an interview appointment for 3 days later. So from application to interview stage took only a week. The interview was with two people. Direct supervisor and territory supervisor. It lasted approximately 2 hours with one hour of question and answer and one hour of technical training.
    I heard back pretty soon as well.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview

I was hired on through Randstad, an employment agency. I went through two interviews, one with the Temp-to-Hire agency, and then again with Iron Mountain. Standard "S.T.A.R." type interview with Iron Mountain.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult, except for the usual "Tell me about any weaknesses you may have," or "What do you consider your poorest trait," type of thing. The interview was crisp, cool, and professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offered US$12.50/hr, and that was that. Raises came in increments of one to three percent, and only once per year. The only way to make significantly more is to move up from the call center floor.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview

Phone interview, then an interview with the team I'd be working with, then an interview with the HR Dept. As long as you prepare, it's not too difficult. Everyone was really nice until I made it to HR. The person who interviewed me at that time was very stand-offish and cold.

Negotiation

You should negotiate but I was desperate so I didn't. The annual raises are very small.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview

Hiring process are as follows, I interviewed with 3 departments (Transportation, Records Center, Data Backup and Recovery). Questions were basic and simple.

1 phone interview
    3 panel interviews
    Background Check
    Offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Customer Response Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview

The background checks done on new hires are very extensive. They asked for copies of my W-2's from quite a few years back. I'm not sure what the purpose of that was. But otherwise the interview process was great. It seems as though they have the supervisors on the department you would be working in conducting the interviews which is a nice change from dealing with someone directly from HR.

Interview Questions

• If I brought 10 of your friends and past/current co-workers into the room with us now and asked each of them what you could work, what would be a common theme among them? I found this to be an excellent way to phrase the typical, "What are your weaknesses?"   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2014.

Interview

I got a call from a staffing company. The next day I was on site for the interview. The hiring manager was nice. The first part of the interview was behavioral. The second part was technical. I was given Excel exercises. As I made it to the next round I got another behavioral test called Compatibility Index.

Negotiation

The negotiation was done through the staffing agency.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc in September 2014.

Interview

The person who contacted me first by phone was very excited about my background and qualifications and wanted me to phone interview with one of their vice presidents. That went well, but their professionalism went downhill from there. I was told twice via e-mail that I would be contacted to discuss moving forward in the interviewing process, then nothing. The interviewer just dropped off the face of the earth.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were pretty standard and very specific to the role. There were no surprise or trick questions.   Answer Question

Courier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Iron Mountain Inc.

Interview

The process can be slightly tedious. You have to list a lot of information and they do a thorough background check, due to the fact your are constantly around confidential information. You go through an interview with to people usually on the same day. Then if you get hired you are offered and acceptance letter and start right away. The acceptance process because of the background check can take a few weeks.