J.B. Hunt

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lowell, AR (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2010.

Interview Details Employer big partner with the University of Arkansas and is always a staple at the career fairs. Had an on campus initial interview and from there had to fill out a personality exam online and two weeks later they called me to set up an in person interview. The actual interview was very conversational and was given an offer two days later.

Interview Question – There really weren't any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Fleet Manager
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in February 2014.

Interview Details Went to the career fair at my college and submitted my resume. I was called for a telephone interview within 1 week. I have advanced on to the inperson interview and am waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – Am I willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Elizabeth, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in April 2012.

Interview Details I applied for the position and within a few days I was contacted by a recruiter located at their headquarters in Arkansas. She asked very basic questions to gauge my interest, experience and whether or not I was articulate enough to make it to a second interview. You then are scheduled to meet with a regional manager at their office (aka double wide trailor). My experience with the manager was that he was disinterested and appeared unfit for a management position. He had clearly not read my resume, read it in front of me, and failed to ask any questions or even make eye contact. From their he tells you about benefits and salary and tells you that a corporate big wig from Arkansas will contact you with a follow up interview.

The interview with the manager in Arkansas is much more specific and intense. They ask you a number of questions regarding your experience, education and industry specific questions. My real problem with JB Hunt was the demeanor of the regional manager who would be my direct superior. Like I stated, he didn't make eye contact, seemed uneducated and failed very basic displays of professionalism (that even I, a recent college grad, knew about).

I also had a very serious problem with the events that transpired following the interview. Despite driving to the first interview in hurricane Sandy, sitting in a 3 hour gas line and taking an hour off of my lunch break for the phone interview, they refused to follow up with me despite indicating that they were seriously considering me for the position. At the time, I was being offered a job by my current employer so I needed JB Hunt's answer. I followed up several times and made it abundantly clear that I needed some form of answer just so that I could ensure I landed a job. JB Hunt never called and as my father said (who directly works with JB Hunt as an executive with a manufacturing firm), be thankful your not working for them because their behavior is an indication that they aren't very professional.

Interview Question – How wold you handle a truck driver who was failing to follow basic safety procedures?   Answer Question

Fleet Manager
Lowell, AR (US)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.B. Hunt in March 2010.

Interview Details Advice: do not dress up for JB Hunt VERY casual and laid back atmosphere.

Interview Question – why are you the best candidate for this position?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.B. Hunt

Worked for J.B. Hunt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.B. Hunt Fleet Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.B. Hunt employees and interview candidates.