J.B. Hunt Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

2.7

Fleet Manager Trainee Interview

One interview with two guys from different locations. Both had worked their way up withing the company in different ways. Asked basic behavior questions, things like what happened in a situation where you...... and how would you change the way you acted now looking back.

Interview Questions
    • Weaknesses and something you didn't do as well as you could have in.   Answer Question

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Interviewed with three people - Regional operations manager, account manager, and transportation manager. Basic interview that went over past work experiences and what I would be able to bring to JB Hunt.

Claims Specialist Interview

Laid back panel interview where we discussed my background and the responsibilities of the job. I ended up meeting for a second interview the same day with directing manager and discussed additional responsibilities of the job.

Carrier Sales Coordinator Interview

Very long and drown out process that took 4 months to receive and accept the job offer. I had two phone interviews one with the HR and another with the branch manager. The last interview was face to face.

Driver Manager In Training Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

Sent online application, they responded by scheduling an over-the-phone interview. They called back and stated they had made their decision and I was not selected. A few days later, they changed their mind and asked me to come in to work after I was sent for a drug and alcohol pre-employment screening.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult. All usual. What is my degree in? What do you expect from the company?   View Answer
    I was naive, fresh out of college, no advise from no one... never accept the first offer.

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in September 2014.

There are multiple people interviewing you at the same time, but overall wasn't too hard. Very easygoing people and they try to make it as comfortable as possible while interviewing. Two people are kind of just watching you and noticing how you say certain things while another two will lead the whole interviewing process.

EPS Scheduler Interview

I was recommended by a friend. The manager took my resume and gave me a phone interview. a week later I had an in person interview with two mangers. They called me the next day to let me know that I had the job

Interview Questions
    not really They give you an offer with the pay plan. 10 an hour during training, 12 dollars an hour during the first 90 days then 14 dollars an hour after

Account Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.B. Hunt.

I applied for this position on two separate occasions. The interview begins with a phone interview. I passed the first phone interview and was invited to do a face to face panel interview. The panel interview was fine and not really intimidating even though there were about 10 people in the room of which only 2 were there to actually fill positions. The others were people who was just sitting in on the interview. In my opinion, the interview went well, but for some odd reason I was not notified about weather or not I got the position. I had to reach out to the hiring managers to see what was the status of the interview. One lady emailed me back 3 weeks later telling me that the interviewer said I was a great fit for the company but they basically chose someone else. Later on when the position became available again, I reapplied. I was emailed saying I have a phone interview on a specific day and time. On the day of the interview, the lady who was not doing the interview called me saying "oh.... well... we are going to have to reschedule your interview. there is a conflicting meeting that your interviewer has to attend. We will call you back to reschedule your interview." In my opinion, the lady who called me sounded like she made up something really quick to get me off the list. Never the less... They did not call me back to reschedule my phone interview. I reached out to them again to see what the status was of the phone interview. This time, I did not get a response. These two HR people have no tack about themselves, no common courtesy, and lack professionalism. If there was a problem, or mistake, or what ever the case may have been, its best to do things professionally. Instead, these two individuals set the tone for my opinion for the entire company...... Unprofessional. Don't get me wrong, the people who I interviewed with face to face were all wonderful. J. B. Hunt gets a big Thumbs down from me.

Interview Questions
    • To me, the questions didn't seem difficult. If you know your experience and how to incorporate your experiences into their scenarios, then you are good to go.   Answer Question

Dedicated Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in August 2014.

I applied online in May 2014. Received a phone call from an HR rep out of Lowell, Arkansas in July 2014, set up an interview for August 2014. I interviewed with the Director of Business Ops and another manager. Interview was very basic. The interviewers asked me basic questions about my resume and my experiences. Interview lasted about 2 hours. Received a phone call a day later for a job offer for J.B. Hunt's Manager Trainee Program.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic interview just asked questions about my resume.   View Answer
    No negotiation

Appliance Installation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.B. Hunt in August 2014.

Saw an ad on Craigslist for Appliance Installation Specialist, submitted resume to the email address and was contacted a couple of days after with a form to fill out online, submitted the form and did a preliminary phone interview.

Job is Appliance Installation Specialist with Final Mile Services, a division of J.B. Hunt. First phone interview was with the staffing agency, after that she put me through to an HR rep with J.B. Hunt who conducts a second interview along with a few questions, after that she scheduled a 1 on 1 interview at the local office.

Interview was fairly simple, a "few what if" questions, or "how would you handle" type. They go over the position and training in detail, offer to answer any questions you may have.

They had more people to interview so there was no decision made that day, although the interviewer was very pleased with my interview.