J. Crew Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.4

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I dropped off my application at the store and they contacted me soon after for an interview. We had a short interview with normal interview questions and it was a very easy process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in retail, and more specifically, why J. Crew?   Answer Question

Associate Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J. Crew in February 2014.

Had a great phone interview with HR, the woman said she would pass my resume along to the planning department. Never heard from them again, even after emailing her twice.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Merrimack, NH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at J. Crew in July 2014.

Pretty straight forward process. I walk in to the store, meet the store director and she reviewed my resume. Then the director schedule the interview date the following week.

Interview Questions
    • questions pretty general: related to previous job experiences, how you handle upset customers?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew in July 2014.

Application is submitted in-store only. At submission of application a manger will ask basic questions such as availability, why J Crew, and work experience. Following, a manager will reach out for an interview. My interview for a small store was pretty quick and one-on-one, with the HR manager asking many questions such as why J Crew, basic selling strategy, etc. Nothing out of left field. Then the store manager also does an interview. Few personal questions are asked, but the managers are very attentive to responses.

Interview Questions
    I was able to request a schedule I liked and negotiated a possible raise in the future based on performance.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at J. Crew in June 2012.

Got interviewed on the spot at a job fair. Very easy, it took only 8 minutes until I got hired. I think they were also impressed because I was a design student. They asked very simple questions, such as "What do you do during your free time?", "Why do you want to work for J. Crew?"

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J. Crew in June 2013.

Went into the factory store and overheard the store director talking about a need for employees to work in the men's section, so I asked for an application. Filled it out, brought it back in, and the store director set up an interview right then. Came back for my interview on a Friday, and it was nothing extremely difficult. A good bit of personal questions. He told me once the interview was finished that I should hear from him by Monday if I got the job or not. Monday came and no call, so I waited until Tuesday and called the store and the store director finally told me that I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that didn't go exactly as planned, but you made work despite the issues.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J. Crew in May 2010.

I was referred by a friend so the actual hiring process was expedited for me. Because I had a strong resume the interview seemed more about ensuring I was a good fit (i.e. personable, well-spoken, polished, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected, it was a fairly easy and straightforward interview.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Merchadise Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew in July 2013.

Put in an online application, received a phone call the next day to schedule an interview. Scheduled interview for 20 days later. Interview is a one on one interview process where they ask you questions about previous work experience and responsibilities, your personality, and what kind a person you would want to work for.

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions were difficult, it was just a basic assessment of your work ethic, history, and personality.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew in June 2014.

I applied through the store and filled out the paper application. After a week I received a call to have an interview in the store. The interview was with one of the store managers and it was very casual and informal. Some of the questions that were asked were: how would describe Jcrews style? what stores do you buy your clothes at? who would you say Jcrews competitors are? where do you get your fashion inspiration from?

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very straight forward and easy to answer.   Answer Question

My work load for school became to heavy.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J. Crew in July 2014.

I applied this position on their hiring system, and it took me a while to finish all the process. Next day, I got a call to have my first interview, and during the interview, I filled up the application form and asked many questions about my previous working experiences, what did I learn, and why I left...etc., and the most related questions are about why choose J.Crew. After a few days, they called me to set up the second interview with another supervisor, he asked me my personal style, what are my favorite shops, and what do you think of J.Crew...etc. The result came out for a long time, it took about 2 weeks to process and check background.

Interview Questions
    • If your friends don't know J.Crew, how would you introduce the brand to them? What is different between J.Crew and other competitors?   Answer Question
    Working schedule

Worked for J. Crew? Contribute to the Community!