J. Crew

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

2.3

Sales Support Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. Crew.

Applied in person and was called for an Interview the next day. The interview consisted of basic questions like previous work experience, where I go to school, what I like to do in my free time etc. The most important question is what stores I liked to shop at. This is a key factor into getting the job. If you shop at stores that are more "J.Crew like" that will help you get the job. Shopping at places like hot topic and spencer won't help. Luckily for me I shopped at places fairly J.Crew like. I was offered the job on the spot as well which was amazing.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

Applied on-line, in which I was contacted a week latter by Recruiting. Phone interview was scheduled, and two weeks latter I was scheduled for an in-person interview. However there issues following after meeting with management. I received calls and emails from Recruitment that I was one of the selected candidates to go forward for a final round of interviews. I was constantly stalled as if I were a back-up if the first choice didn't work.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult; I found the "five year question" a bit dated, especially for the position interviewed for.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

It was a two round interview and consisted of mainly what I thought fashion represented, why it is important to me, what I like most about J.Crew's fashion. They also asked if I had any previous customer service experience and about my work hours. Because I was in a different city (applied for a summer job), I had my first interview over the phone. The second interview was in person and both were very casual. For the in person interview we went to the coffee shop of the mall and had it there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult. Most questions were expected as I said above   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. Crew in January 2015.

Went to the store and handed in my resume and filled out application. Was asked why J Crew and why a job in sales and also about my hours and availability. Still waiting for response.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

Applied through college career center. The interview we schedules was just a behavioral interview and they said they would discuss and get back to me. It was pretty basic and just discussed about what I liked and what I put on my resume so I would elaborate more on it. They took notes while I talked so they can present it to the technical team later.

Interview Questions
    • What was the toughest decision you had to make recently? What is something recent that has caught your attention in news?   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J. Crew.

My process was very quick, no projects, no extensive interviews. Was pushed through to the top quite quickly, but i believe this is an unusual experience and generally it takes much longer.

too quick, i was caught off guard

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J. Crew.

I actually was interviewing for visuals, and was told I was hired for that, so I feel like there was a lack of professionalism and honesty when I started filling out my paperwork and "sales support part time" was written on it.
    The interview itself was really easy, just talk about how much you love their clothes and you have the job.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. I wasn't even told full details about my job (honestly) until later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

-Applied through university career link
    -Walked in resume before I received a call back from university application
    -Called 3 times within 2 weeks to show genuine interest in landing an interview
    -Got an interview with the hiring manager
    -Received a call within a week with a job offer

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to offer J.Crew (having no retail experience)?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

I went in to the store and asked if they were hiring. They weren't at the time, but when I came back two weeks later with a filled out application they had openings. So I ended up having an interview with one of the managers on the spot and then was able to interview with the store manager a few minutes later. Very simple interview. I didn't wear any J. Crew apparel but I did wear clothing that looked like it could be sold there. Both interviews were casual and more conversational than question based, though they did ask questions they needed to know, while trying to get to know me personally.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J. Crew.

I was interviewed by two managers and it was very relaxing. They asked me to talk about myself and tried to get to know me a bit better. Then moved onto asking about the brand and my previous experience etc. It is not a hard interview at all unless you don't know anything about the brand.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or challenging. I had a question where they asked me what may be the biggest challenges in this role and how can you overcome this. This was slightly unexpected, I've never had this question in my previous retail interviews. But overall it is not a difficult question. Just be yourself and show interests in the company!   Answer Question