J. Crew

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

I applied in store during the holiday season so it was a bit hectic. Was given an interview on the spot by the manager. They liked me and had me fill out a background check that same day. I was told they'd follow up with me once my background check cleared. As I said before, I applied two weeks before Christmas so it was busy for them and the total hiring process took about 2 months. I followed up with them every two weeks just to show interest in the position and was called in once the season was over. For the initial walk in I wore a fitted Oxford button down shirt, colored chinos and leather boots. I was offered the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Previous experience, any experience in retail? What do you know about the brand? What days would you be available to work?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. Crew.

Applied online, and heard back the next day. Asked me to walk them through my resume and work experience. Interview Process was smooth, and the people I talked with were very nice. Followed with basic interview questions, like why I chose my major, and why I think I'm a good fit etc.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J. Crew.

The process took about a week. I was called to come in for an interview and it was a group interview with one of the girl in myself. It was cool because I never been in a group interview before and I found it to be interesting.

Interview Questions
    • Who are J.Crew competitors?
      What amazes J.Crew different from other places

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at J. Crew.

The interview process was very swift and easy, from the interview to hire it took a little over a week for the background check to clear. The staff is very friendly which is a huge plus.

Interview Questions
    • Where was the best customer service you've ever experienced? and why?   View Answer

Sales Support Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. Crew.

Applied in person and was called for an Interview the next day. The interview consisted of basic questions like previous work experience, where I go to school, what I like to do in my free time etc. The most important question is what stores I liked to shop at. This is a key factor into getting the job. If you shop at stores that are more "J.Crew like" that will help you get the job. Shopping at places like hot topic and spencer won't help. Luckily for me I shopped at places fairly J.Crew like. I was offered the job on the spot as well which was amazing.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

Applied on-line, in which I was contacted a week latter by Recruiting. Phone interview was scheduled, and two weeks latter I was scheduled for an in-person interview. However there issues following after meeting with management. I received calls and emails from Recruitment that I was one of the selected candidates to go forward for a final round of interviews. I was constantly stalled as if I were a back-up if the first choice didn't work.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult; I found the "five year question" a bit dated, especially for the position interviewed for.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

It was a two round interview and consisted of mainly what I thought fashion represented, why it is important to me, what I like most about J.Crew's fashion. They also asked if I had any previous customer service experience and about my work hours. Because I was in a different city (applied for a summer job), I had my first interview over the phone. The second interview was in person and both were very casual. For the in person interview we went to the coffee shop of the mall and had it there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult. Most questions were expected as I said above   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J. Crew in January 2015.

Went to the store and handed in my resume and filled out application. Was asked why J Crew and why a job in sales and also about my hours and availability. Still waiting for response.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J. Crew.

Applied through college career center. The interview we schedules was just a behavioral interview and they said they would discuss and get back to me. It was pretty basic and just discussed about what I liked and what I put on my resume so I would elaborate more on it. They took notes while I talked so they can present it to the technical team later.

Interview Questions
    • What was the toughest decision you had to make recently? What is something recent that has caught your attention in news?   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J. Crew.

My process was very quick, no projects, no extensive interviews. Was pushed through to the top quite quickly, but i believe this is an unusual experience and generally it takes much longer.

too quick, i was caught off guard