J. Crew

Getting the Interview

176 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Durham, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview Details I delivered my application in store and asked to speak with a manager. I had a quick talk with the manager and scheduled another appointment to have an interview with the other manager.

Interview Question – What makes you qualified to work here.   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J. Crew in October 2011.

Interview Details I hit it right on time when they were hiring, but its not always easy to get a job at J.Crew.
Tip : dress the part, do you research, express how much you love the brand !

Interview Question – Why do you think you will do better at J.Crew than past jobs.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview Details When you apply you have to come to the store, no online applications for sales associates, although managerial positions are online. Once you return to the store and turn it in they run a back round check. I was asked only one question. The whole process took about 8 business days because the back round checks take a few days to a week, mine was the latter.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work for J. Crew?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, was happy as is.

Supervisor Interview

Interviewed at J. Crew

Interview Details Interview was good - easy but aimed directly at pulling in the best.

2014 Merchandising Planner Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview Details Applied online, contacted in about a week had a phone interview

Interview Question – not too difficult, needed to know what the job entailed.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview Details Applied in person. Filled out paper application and attached resume. It took a couple weeks to get the interview process started but the interview was very relaxed and felt more like a conversation.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for J.Crew?   Answer Question

Squad Associate Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J. Crew in April 2013.

Interview Details The interview process was relatively painless. I met with a few different recruiters and didn't have to wait very long to hear back from them.

Interview Question – What would you as a consumer change about the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J. Crew in March 2014.

Interview Details I dropped off an application and a recommendation letter (Just turned 18, so the more the better for me!), and got a call for an interview within the next couple of days. I was hired on the spot. Very easy interview, not many questions asked.

Interview Question – What experience have I had in other jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none due to my age

Sales Associate
Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J. Crew in August 2011.

Interview Details I filled out an application in the store and spoke to the manager. The manager called me later in the day to set up an interview. The interview was simple and pretty standard. We spoke about what I liked about the company, why I thought I would be a good fit, etc. They called me within the week to offer me the job starting at a base pay of 8.50 an hour.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult. Just be honest and sincere. JCrew is a company that likes people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I received a raise during my time with the company.

Personal Shopper Interview

Personal Shopper

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J. Crew.

Interview Details There was 2 separate interviews in store done by different managers and then a phone call to let me know I received the Job.

Interview Question – It was a pretty comfortable and easy process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I requested a certain hourly rate and it was accepted and I also received commission on top of that for every sale.

Interviews for Top Jobs at J. Crew

Worked for J. Crew? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J. Crew interview questions and advice. All 176 interview reviews are posted anonymously by J. Crew employees and interview candidates.