J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2014

3.2

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Code for Good Hackathon 2014 Mumbai. It was through college campus selection the process included resume screening, aptitude test, technical interview and HR interview. The hackathon consisted of coding for an NGO within 24 hours. So the contestants had to stay awake the entire night. After the coding was done we had to present the ideas to the NGO after which again shortlisting was done for the final presentations

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

The process started with an aptitude test that had tech as well as non tech questions. It had 80 questions to be solved in 80 minutes. Next was a group discussion in groups of 5-6. Followed by one Tech cum HR interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of interview. fairly simple. lots of questions about my knowledge on finance. friendly interview style, clarified all my doubts on the profile, policies, work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Aptitude test, followed by interview with Manager and the last is Interview with HR

Interview Questions
    • Is social networking the cause of falling human relations?   View Answer
    I was given a choice to join any section of a particular department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Set of analytical questions.and HR rounds mainly asking about background, why the company, which field are you intrested in, are you willing to relocate all sorts of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Case study regarding How to increase your sales of product   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

applied through school recruiting site, received interview invitation couple days after submitting resume, I had enough time to prepare for interview. I felt the recruiting process goes really fast (resume-interview invitation-interview)

Interview Questions
    • interviewer asked me something very technical in regards to internal control   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Interviewers were very unorganized, at first I was told I was being interviewed for their Financial Analyst Program. However, once I got to the interview I was told I was now being interviewed for another program. The interviewers were fairly nice, gave an overview of the program followed by a 30 minutes interview of mainly Behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Initial communication from the recruiter was quick and good. My 2 interviews were scheduled back-to-back on the same day and no additional interviews. My group does not foster a good environment professionally or personally. My office floor is very basic, no perks. Work culture within my group is terrible, but it might not be the same everywhere else.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Questions
    • Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Interviewed in the Morning, got an offer that same day offer letter came 2 days later started 2 weeks later. pretty straight forward