J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
58 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Interview Details Aptitude test, followed by interview with Manager and the last is Interview with HR

Interview Question – Is social networking the cause of falling human relations?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was given a choice to join any section of a particular department.

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details The process started with an aptitude test that had tech as well as non tech questions. It had 80 questions to be solved in 80 minutes. Next was a group discussion in groups of 5-6. Followed by one Tech cum HR interview.

Interview Question – A lot of questions were asked about projects.   Answer Question

Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details 2 rounds of interview. fairly simple. lots of questions about my knowledge on finance. friendly interview style, clarified all my doubts on the profile, policies, work environment.

Interview Question – different types of securitised products   Answer Question

Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Interview Details Set of analytical questions.and HR rounds mainly asking about background, why the company, which field are you intrested in, are you willing to relocate all sorts of questions.

Interview Question – Case study regarding How to increase your sales of product   View Answer

Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details I interviewed with JP Morgan twice, about 3 years apart for different positions, and had the same experience each time. A company that treats you like a piece of dirt. There is a reason JP Morgan is facing billions in lawsuits and fines. No ethics no morals.

Interview Question – You say your last company is downsizing, how come that's not what they told me?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Filled to the brim with jerks.

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview Details Rigorous interview process to meet across many teams. You first have to get a first screening. Then you go in to meet with the hiring manager. Then you meet with the senior level on the team. Then you meet with all the analysts.

Interview Question – What is the theory behind the capital assets pricing model   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not try to negotiate

Very Difficult Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Interview Details 3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Question – Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   View Answer

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Initial communication from the recruiter was quick and good. My 2 interviews were scheduled back-to-back on the same day and no additional interviews. My group does not foster a good environment professionally or personally. My office floor is very basic, no perks. Work culture within my group is terrible, but it might not be the same everywhere else.

Interview Question – I did not get any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Interview Details Applied through on campus recruiting, Interviewed on campus and invited back for super day. The super day consisted of a fit interview, a technical interview and a case study. There was also a group project where you were observed by a group of managers. Received offer the same day

Interview Question – nothing difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. salary was set

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Interviewed in the Morning, got an offer that same day offer letter came 2 days later started 2 weeks later. pretty straight forward

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!