J.P. Morgan

2.7

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Application Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

i had applied to one of the openings listed on the company website, later was contacted by the HR regarding the initial set of details.
Later they scheduled a Technical Interview, in which the questions started off with
Introduction
Logical questions combined with technical skills
Later too much technical. The interviewer was pretty much satisfied.
Next day HR contacted me for a F2F interview. which was scheduled next week.
Had introduction with the hiring manager, he asked questions about my work, and told about his LOB in the company.
Then had small meeting with HR & he said that will get back to me soon. A week later got the call from HR that i have been selected for the Position. :D Made my day !!!!

Interview Questions
  • Why you want to leave current organization?
    Why Relocating to Hyderabad, since i was put up some where else.

View Answer
i got what i asked for , they didn't leave any room for negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of interview - telephonic interview and face to face video interview with a onsite project manager.
    telephonic interview - covers java knowledge and project experience related questions
    face to face - threads , web application, sql querys etc..

Interview Questions
    keep a base salary not too high nor too low based on the market research and then negotiating a few thousands more should do it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

The process started with a written test. It was conducted by a third party "merittrack".
    The paper consists of 3 sections.
    1.verbal english
    2.numerical ability test
    3.analytical test
    the paper was easy but time is not sufficient.
    verbal english consists of reading comprehension,articles,prepositions etc.
    they will give papers one after the other.
    they collect each paper after completion of specified time then next paper will be given.
    verbel english -15Q -----20mins
    numerical -20Q-----20mins
    analytical -25Q------20mins.

the next day company people came , almost 15 members came to take the interviews.
    initially there was PPt, later they announced the results of written test.

Interview consists of 2 rounds:
    1.Technical
    2.Hr & Technical

IN 1st round of interview they mainly concentrated on your project mentioned in CV and some oops and dbms concepts.

2nd round was teken by 3 members :1-hr and directors of the branch
    started with the question "tell me about yourself" and why JPMorgan etc...
    again they asked me about my projects.
    They asked me questions like "situations like where i worked as a team player" etc.
    the overall process went quite well

.....ALL THE BEST

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

two technical,one managerial and finally hr round.technically you should be strong.but when you enter you will be made to work on old version of technologies.work culture is good.human values are there.just like government job...cool work pressure

Interview Questions
    not good.they will not accept negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

After I submitted an online application the HR called and setup a technical phone interview with the architect and hiring manager. After that I was interviewed in person by a panel of 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • It was about writing a code on the white board. Also they asked me to write few select SQL statements involving joins.   Answer Question
    The offer exceeded my expectations so I didn't have to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

Good telephonic interview for two hours and then reporting for personal interview. The personal interview was technical come managerial interview of 1.5 hours.

The HR interview was one hour more. Then was given breakout. later was asked to collect offer letter later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

The interview mostly consisted of the projects on my resume and a few basic concepts of java.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Applied for a summer internship as a junior year student. Applied online and was immediately required to complete two sets of basic online tests (Simple information processing/math on some charts, and cognitive test that you are required to find the next image based on a sequence of images) to complete the application.

Got an email within a week for a phone screening. The phone screening was completely non-technical, including questions such as Why JP Morgan and things about my past experience.

After another week I was asked to complete a online Java 6 tests (standard for financial industry I believe) that includes things from basic Java knowledge to Swing and other package specific questions. At the same time I was invited to Assessment Center.

Assessment Center includes one group discussion + presentation and two interviews. You are given a few emails, articles and other information about a project, and the group is supposed to prepare for 40 minutes, and give a 15 minute presentation + 20 minute Q&A with the assessors.

One interview was with senior engineer and one was with a manager. Again, no technical questions were involved. Things asked included my past projects, and other behavioral questions such as "when did you get into a problem that you could have avoided".

Got back to me in 2 days for an offer, but with only a week to consider.

Interview Questions

Only a week to consider the offer, too early as I was still waiting for other companies.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I met them at my school career fair. I got an interview two weeks after. There were two hiring managers that were going to interview me consecutively. They said they would get back in a week or two time

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a pass by Variable and Pass by reference   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

I chatted with them at a career fair and got a next day interview. During that interview, I spoke with two people. The first was a more technically-oriented interview. The guy asked me about past development experience and a few questions about object-oriented programming. The second one was more of an HR type of thing.

Interview Questions
    • "What is a static variable?" Should be simple for you studious ones, but I actually couldn't remember precisely what the definition was because I hadn't written any code involving static variables.

"Why shouldn't I hire you?" Now here's a head-scratcher, haha. I said, "Because I'm brand new and have very little experience." Fair enough.

Answer Question