J.P. Morgan Applications Developer Interview Questions & Reviews

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Application Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

i had applied to one of the openings listed on the company website, later was contacted by the HR regarding the initial set of details.
Later they scheduled a Technical Interview, in which the questions started off with
Introduction
Logical questions combined with technical skills
Later too much technical. The interviewer was pretty much satisfied.
Next day HR contacted me for a F2F interview. which was scheduled next week.
Had introduction with the hiring manager, he asked questions about my work, and told about his LOB in the company.
Then had small meeting with HR & he said that will get back to me soon. A week later got the call from HR that i have been selected for the Position. :D Made my day !!!!

Interview Questions
  • Why you want to leave current organization?
    Why Relocating to Hyderabad, since i was put up some where else.
      View Answer
i got what i asked for , they didn't leave any room for negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

After I submitted an online application the HR called and setup a technical phone interview with the architect and hiring manager. After that I was interviewed in person by a panel of 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • It was about writing a code on the white board. Also they asked me to write few select SQL statements involving joins.   Answer Question
    The offer exceeded my expectations so I didn't have to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of interview - telephonic interview and face to face video interview with a onsite project manager.
    telephonic interview - covers java knowledge and project experience related questions
    face to face - threads , web application, sql querys etc..

Interview Questions
    keep a base salary not too high nor too low based on the market research and then negotiating a few thousands more should do it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

Good telephonic interview for two hours and then reporting for personal interview. The personal interview was technical come managerial interview of 1.5 hours.

The HR interview was one hour more. Then was given breakout. later was asked to collect offer letter later.

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

The process started with a written test. It was conducted by a third party "merittrack".
    The paper consists of 3 sections.
    1.verbal english
    2.numerical ability test
    3.analytical test
    the paper was easy but time is not sufficient.
    verbal english consists of reading comprehension,articles,prepositions etc.
    they will give papers one after the other.
    they collect each paper after completion of specified time then next paper will be given.
    verbel english -15Q -----20mins
    numerical -20Q-----20mins
    analytical -25Q------20mins.

the next day company people came , almost 15 members came to take the interviews.
    initially there was PPt, later they announced the results of written test.

Interview consists of 2 rounds:
    1.Technical
    2.Hr & Technical

IN 1st round of interview they mainly concentrated on your project mentioned in CV and some oops and dbms concepts.

2nd round was teken by 3 members :1-hr and directors of the branch
    started with the question "tell me about yourself" and why JPMorgan etc...
    again they asked me about my projects.
    They asked me questions like "situations like where i worked as a team player" etc.
    the overall process went quite well

.....ALL THE BEST

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

The interview mostly consisted of the projects on my resume and a few basic concepts of java.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was asked to apply through a friend. Had an hour long phone interview with technical lead. They asked me to write a sample fully functional application using Ruby on Rails. A little background on me I have coded in Ruby for less than a year and have never coded in Rails. I successfully completed the assignment in a couple of days. The team reviewed my code and brought me in for a face to face group setting interview with over 10 people. Each person then asked technical and personal details related to the application they were working on. During the interview several people cursed and one playfully threw a notebook at another team member (not me). After the interview the team lead pressured me very hard to give him my current salary which I did not do. The entire process never spoke to an HR person or the hiring manager. In the end they said my skills in Ruby were not up to par.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between dependency injection and inversion control?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Referred by a friend, received phone interview two days letter, and then interviewed at JP Morgan for 3 and half hours with 4 people one week later. At first, I thought the interview to be a OO focused one, so I prepared a lot for OO design question since the team used SmallTalk as the programming tool. It turned out the question is more focused on what I have learnt in maths and finance, not too much OO.

Interview Questions
    • Met 4 different levels and groups of people. Each person focused on different aspects. Derive BS PDE, some probability questions, design parking lot and their daily management process (I don't quite understand what he really wanted, so I was struggled with this question), some financial derivative questions like yield curve and pricing bond.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

HR Screen followed by management and team phone interview followed by face-to-face series of interviews.
    HR interview was basic verification that I could say yes or no to matching the job posting requirements.
    The phone interview was very one way with both the managers and team members. They didn't ask if I had questions once and didn't answer them when I asked at the end, they turned them back into questions to me. Managers where vague about what role required and focused on what I had done, not how I had accomplished any of it. The team interview was like a multiple choice question exam where the answers where obvious.
    The Face-to-Face interview was LONG. Started at 1:00, left at 5:45. The Management portion was more about getting to know personality than skills. Most job questions were about describing specifics to things on resume and if they made the experience relevant to the position. In hind site, the description of the role and the requirements for it were drastically different than the reality. They stated the position was intended to take advantage of existing skills and allow for development of skills that were new or dated over a long period of time. The reality was that after 2 months I was expected to know all the technology equally, and even though my contribution was very high where my expertise was very high the notion that time would be allowed to develop new skills was simply not true.
    Interview with team members was different depending on their background. Some where very straight forward and verifying that level of expertise was where it was stated to be. Others where asking for examples of how specific situations where handled in the past, a lot of discussion about how I would deal with situations that were very standard and led to sharing war stories more than interviewing.

Was not encouraged to ask questions and when I did the replies where vague and did not answer the questions. After starting understood they didn't know the answer but didn't simply tell me that.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when I had to fire someone for a code of ethics violation. I never have and that response led to the question "why?". I've never had anyone violate a code of ethics rule so it has never come up. They seemed to get stuck on that even though this wasn't even a management position making that portion strange.   View Answer
    I said yes.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

HR sets up an Interview with the Manager, after that I had three technical Interviews on Phone. Once all interviews are cleared final processing of recruitment done by Business before finalizing on the offer

Interview Questions

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!