J.P. Morgan Applications Developer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.8

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

two technical,one managerial and finally hr round.technically you should be strong.but when you enter you will be made to work on old version of technologies.work culture is good.human values are there.just like government job...cool work pressure

Interview Questions
not good.they will not accept negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Application Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

i had applied to one of the openings listed on the company website, later was contacted by the HR regarding the initial set of details.
    Later they scheduled a Technical Interview, in which the questions started off with
    Introduction
    Logical questions combined with technical skills
    Later too much technical. The interviewer was pretty much satisfied.
    Next day HR contacted me for a F2F interview. which was scheduled next week.
    Had introduction with the hiring manager, he asked questions about my work, and told about his LOB in the company.
    Then had small meeting with HR & he said that will get back to me soon. A week later got the call from HR that i have been selected for the Position. :D Made my day !!!!

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to leave current organization?
      Why Relocating to Hyderabad, since i was put up some where else.
        View Answer
    i got what i asked for , they didn't leave any room for negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

After I submitted an online application the HR called and setup a technical phone interview with the architect and hiring manager. After that I was interviewed in person by a panel of 4 people.

Interview Questions
    • It was about writing a code on the white board. Also they asked me to write few select SQL statements involving joins.   Answer Question
    The offer exceeded my expectations so I didn't have to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of interview - telephonic interview and face to face video interview with a onsite project manager.
    telephonic interview - covers java knowledge and project experience related questions
    face to face - threads , web application, sql querys etc..

Interview Questions
    keep a base salary not too high nor too low based on the market research and then negotiating a few thousands more should do it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

Good telephonic interview for two hours and then reporting for personal interview. The personal interview was technical come managerial interview of 1.5 hours.

The HR interview was one hour more. Then was given breakout. later was asked to collect offer letter later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

The process started with a written test. It was conducted by a third party "merittrack".
    The paper consists of 3 sections.
    1.verbal english
    2.numerical ability test
    3.analytical test
    the paper was easy but time is not sufficient.
    verbal english consists of reading comprehension,articles,prepositions etc.
    they will give papers one after the other.
    they collect each paper after completion of specified time then next paper will be given.
    verbel english -15Q -----20mins
    numerical -20Q-----20mins
    analytical -25Q------20mins.

the next day company people came , almost 15 members came to take the interviews.
    initially there was PPt, later they announced the results of written test.

Interview consists of 2 rounds:
    1.Technical
    2.Hr & Technical

IN 1st round of interview they mainly concentrated on your project mentioned in CV and some oops and dbms concepts.

2nd round was teken by 3 members :1-hr and directors of the branch
    started with the question "tell me about yourself" and why JPMorgan etc...
    again they asked me about my projects.
    They asked me questions like "situations like where i worked as a team player" etc.
    the overall process went quite well

.....ALL THE BEST

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

The interview mostly consisted of the projects on my resume and a few basic concepts of java.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

They only go for local candidates as they want to save on travel costs associated with a non-local one. They will first have a technical phone interview with basic Java questions and also ask the technologies you know. Once you pass that, you will be invited to their office and will speak to 2-3 interviewers in their visitor section. The onsite questions are all HR questions (strictly non-technical) and you can nail it easily with some faking about your strength and weaknesses. You could be the laziest person on earth but claim that you are the most hard-working one and people will believe you in these silly HR interviews. After that your recruiter will inform you about your selection and tell you that the compensation is fixed and no salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where your manager/professor said one thing but didn't really mean it?   Answer Question
    The compensation is fixed and no salary negotiation.

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Since I was in India, all 3 interviews were on phone. They asked about core java, collections, multithreading, jms messaging. The interviewer were friendly and gave few hints. There were few database SQL queries too.

I didn't negotiate

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was asked to apply through a friend. Had an hour long phone interview with technical lead. They asked me to write a sample fully functional application using Ruby on Rails. A little background on me I have coded in Ruby for less than a year and have never coded in Rails. I successfully completed the assignment in a couple of days. The team reviewed my code and brought me in for a face to face group setting interview with over 10 people. Each person then asked technical and personal details related to the application they were working on. During the interview several people cursed and one playfully threw a notebook at another team member (not me). After the interview the team lead pressured me very hard to give him my current salary which I did not do. The entire process never spoke to an HR person or the hiring manager. In the end they said my skills in Ruby were not up to par.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between dependency injection and inversion control?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!