J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details I was very disappointed with the interviews. They interviewd me for EJB and I cleared. I took up the offer. After that, I was asked to work on EXT-JS and UI related things.

Interview Question – Unexpected Question - Are you willing to work late   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Very detailed and gradual interview process

Interview Question – What is the managerial style   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – other opportunities

Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Got a call from HR about the position and my interest. HR scheduled the first telephonic discussion with the technical panel. Next day HR called that I have cleared the first round and I will need to come down to their office in Mumbai for further discussions. Attended 3 more rounds 1 technical & 2 were high level (with VPs). Same day HR discussion happened and my salary expectation & other aspirations were noted by the HR. While leaving HR told me that there would be one more final technical discussion with the US counterpart (VP). After 3 days got the call from HR about the US round. It was a pure technical round and I would say toughest among all, for around 1. hours. After 3 days HR called me that feedback is positive and we will offer you. After that day I didn't receive any call from HR then I called them (luckily I had HRs mobile no), he told me that approvals are in progress and will take some time. I waited for one more week but no response. Next week I called the HR again and they told me that same story. Same thing happened again and I waited for 2 weeks this time. I called the HR and he said that the position I was interviewed is went on hold but they will offer me and are looking for approvals for some other position in the same dept. I waited for more than 3 weeks and called him again and got the same response , finally after some days got the call from HR , he apologize for the delay and justified the delay. He asked me about my expectation and I quoted the figure. Next week I got the LOI finally. They offered me what I asked so no negotiation. :)

Interview Question – Technical discussions were little high level and were above avg.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me what I asked so no negotiation.

Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2008.

Interview Details Hiring is simple but many rounds are involved and everyone asks similar type of questions. Questions are very basic

Interview Question – i dont remember anything of such sort asked in the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a good pay so negotiation

Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details vary slow process of interview ,location is vary far and the way HR talks is vary harsh if people is residing beyond thana or pursuing MBA.

Interview Question – how many of ur residing beyond thana or Pursuing MBA. for rejecting them in initial stage.   View Answer

Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Interview Details Interview was scheduled in the evening at Company. Senior Management was involved for the screening. Interview Started with Group Discussion. Once shortlisted, a personal Interview. Next Shortlisting was confirmed the next day. A telephonic round from Onshore Management. Shortlisted and Finally HR Interview. Everything was organized well. Advice: Please be specific and precise about the Resume. You can win with Perfect Attitude and confidence towards the interviewer. Being involved and speaking in Group Discussion helps in getting Shortlisted.

Interview Question – Please rate yourself on Technical Expertise   Answer Question

Mumbai

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details The process is well defined. The response is prompt. The interview quality is also good.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join jp Morgan   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be very very strong at skills interviewed for.

Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Current i am in transition because my job was move out-of state, that process is used practice racism - strong word but true

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details The process was a traditional MBA school process.

Interview Question – Unlike other banks, you can expect brain teasers   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Very behavioral interview. Networking before interview was absolutely the key to get the job. They want to know you are able to sell yourself in ways beyond just interview. The whole networking process is really just part of an extended interview process. It also can be important to ask for the job.

Interview Question – How would you tell an investor to allocate their portfolio   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took other job

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Associate interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.