J.P. Morgan Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2014
Updated Jul 1, 2014

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I was very disappointed with the interviews. They interviewd me for EJB and I cleared. I took up the offer. After that, I was asked to work on EXT-JS and UI related things.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Very detailed and gradual interview process

other opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Got a call from HR about the position and my interest. HR scheduled the first telephonic discussion with the technical panel. Next day HR called that I have cleared the first round and I will need to come down to their office in Mumbai for further discussions. Attended 3 more rounds 1 technical & 2 were high level (with VPs). Same day HR discussion happened and my salary expectation & other aspirations were noted by the HR. While leaving HR told me that there would be one more final technical discussion with the US counterpart (VP). After 3 days got the call from HR about the US round. It was a pure technical round and I would say toughest among all, for around 1. hours. After 3 days HR called me that feedback is positive and we will offer you. After that day I didn't receive any call from HR then I called them (luckily I had HRs mobile no), he told me that approvals are in progress and will take some time. I waited for one more week but no response. Next week I called the HR again and they told me that same story. Same thing happened again and I waited for 2 weeks this time. I called the HR and he said that the position I was interviewed is went on hold but they will offer me and are looking for approvals for some other position in the same dept. I waited for more than 3 weeks and called him again and got the same response , finally after some days got the call from HR , he apologize for the delay and justified the delay. He asked me about my expectation and I quoted the figure. Next week I got the LOI finally. They offered me what I asked so no negotiation. :)

Interview Questions
    • Technical discussions were little high level and were above avg.   Answer Question
    They offered me what I asked so no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2008.

Hiring is simple but many rounds are involved and everyone asks similar type of questions. Questions are very basic

Interview Questions
    • i dont remember anything of such sort asked in the interview   Answer Question
    I was offered a good pay so negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

vary slow process of interview ,location is vary far and the way HR talks is vary harsh if people is residing beyond thana or pursuing MBA.

Interview Questions
    • how many of ur residing beyond thana or Pursuing MBA. for rejecting them in initial stage.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Interview was scheduled in the evening at Company. Senior Management was involved for the screening. Interview Started with Group Discussion. Once shortlisted, a personal Interview. Next Shortlisting was confirmed the next day. A telephonic round from Onshore Management. Shortlisted and Finally HR Interview. Everything was organized well. Advice: Please be specific and precise about the Resume. You can win with Perfect Attitude and confidence towards the interviewer. Being involved and speaking in Group Discussion helps in getting Shortlisted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

The process is well defined. The response is prompt. The interview quality is also good.

Interview Questions
    Be very very strong at skills interviewed for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

I had applied to the position a month or two before the recruiter called me, but once he contacted me, the entire process took less than a month. The first round of interviews was with the hiring manager and a colleague at my level. The second round of interviews was with my skip level manager and the managing director for the group. The interviews were all 30 minutes each and very relaxed, informal.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, at all. The interviews were all conversational with general questions about my experience/background. I spent more time asking the interviewers questions and listening to them talk about their experiences than them asking me questions.   Answer Question
    They came in a little bit lower than what I wanted, but I was desperate to leave my employer at the time so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Not too much technical questions, went to the headquater for meeting with 5 managers directors, mostly behavior questions, some questions are about statisitcal modeling, variable selection, etc, standard questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Pretty straight forward process. Met with a few different members of the group and talked mostly about my experience and what my views were on the market. Some of the questions caught me by surprise but if you work in the industry they shouldn't be too hard to answer.

Interview Questions

Was offered another position at another firm

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!