J.P. Morgan Associate Interview Questions

Updated 10 Feb 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore) in November 2014.

Interview

First written round with some theoretical and mutiple choice questions. After that a programming round. Followed by three to four techinical discussions. In each of the technical discussions, they ask to write a code for a problem.
I had to travel to the office atleast 4 times for all the interviews. In the end I was knocked out in a round filled with Tomcat questions. I feel familializing with Tomcat is an easy thing to do. I wish they had concentrated more on the coding skills. Finally this interview was not worth it since I did not get a honest feedback.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on Java, threading, fork join pool, ThreadLocal etc. Since they work on Tomcat a lot they ask a lot of Tomcat questions. This was negative for me since I did not know many production level configurations.
    Every round had a algorithm evaluation. Questions were easy like Tracking the max number from a stream of numbers, Exalute an expression, calculating the max difference in an unsorted array, binary tree traversal etc.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Associate Interview

Interview

I was very disappointed with the interviews. They interviewd me for EJB and I cleared. I took up the offer. After that, I was asked to work on EXT-JS and UI related things.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Very detailed and gradual interview process

other opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai).

Interview

Got a call from HR about the position and my interest. HR scheduled the first telephonic discussion with the technical panel. Next day HR called that I have cleared the first round and I will need to come down to their office in Mumbai for further discussions. Attended 3 more rounds 1 technical & 2 were high level (with VPs). Same day HR discussion happened and my salary expectation & other aspirations were noted by the HR. While leaving HR told me that there would be one more final technical discussion with the US counterpart (VP). After 3 days got the call from HR about the US round. It was a pure technical round and I would say toughest among all, for around 1. hours. After 3 days HR called me that feedback is positive and we will offer you. After that day I didn't receive any call from HR then I called them (luckily I had HRs mobile no), he told me that approvals are in progress and will take some time. I waited for one more week but no response. Next week I called the HR again and they told me that same story. Same thing happened again and I waited for 2 weeks this time. I called the HR and he said that the position I was interviewed is went on hold but they will offer me and are looking for approvals for some other position in the same dept. I waited for more than 3 weeks and called him again and got the same response , finally after some days got the call from HR , he apologize for the delay and justified the delay. He asked me about my expectation and I quoted the figure. Next week I got the LOI finally. They offered me what I asked so no negotiation. :)

Interview Questions

• Technical discussions were little high level and were above avg.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me what I asked so no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai).

Interview

vary slow process of interview ,location is vary far and the way HR talks is vary harsh if people is residing beyond thana or pursuing MBA.

Interview Questions

• how many of ur residing beyond thana or Pursuing MBA. for rejecting them in initial stage.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai) in March 2012.

Interview

The process is well defined. The response is prompt. The interview quality is also good.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join jp Morgan   2 Answers

Negotiation

Be very very strong at skills interviewed for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hyderābād) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview was scheduled in the evening at Company. Senior Management was involved for the screening. Interview Started with Group Discussion. Once shortlisted, a personal Interview. Next Shortlisting was confirmed the next day. A telephonic round from Onshore Management. Shortlisted and Finally HR Interview. Everything was organized well. Advice: Please be specific and precise about the Resume. You can win with Perfect Attitude and confidence towards the interviewer. Being involved and speaking in Group Discussion helps in getting Shortlisted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore) in January 2008.

Interview

Hiring is simple but many rounds are involved and everyone asks similar type of questions. Questions are very basic

Interview Questions

• i dont remember anything of such sort asked in the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a good pay so negotiation

Associate Interview

Interview

Recruiter contact, online application.
    2 phone interviews before on site interview day.
    5-6 in person and conference call interviews on site the day of.
    On the on site portion I was placed in a conference room in one of their downtown (financial district offices) and the interviewers were brought in throughout the day to conduct the interviews.
    This was for a technical position and most questions reflected real business use cases faced in the past or that the team was currently facing.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would design an application system to maximize efficiency, minimize response time, and create the best user experience.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process. Met with a few different members of the group and talked mostly about my experience and what my views were on the market. Some of the questions caught me by surprise but if you work in the industry they shouldn't be too hard to answer.

Interview Questions

Was offered another position at another firm