J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

87 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Takes about a month. Know customer service questions and you'll do fine.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Sacramento, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details The manager would call you within two weeks if he/she likes your resume. You would either be interviewed by both the branch manager or assistant manager. Once hired, the recruiter will call you and ask rather or not you accept the offer. Once accepted, they will send you a package ( Fedex Envelope) of paperwork for you to fill out. Once you are clear of background check, they will start putting you through a training program for five days ( paid).

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They usually will tell you at the end of the interview what your hourly wage most likely to be

Bank Teller

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Submit an application online, wait to hear from a recruiter, set up an interview. If offered, must meet several requirements and pass training to become a teller.

Negotiation Details – No negotiating for this position allowed.

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details I applied online, a couple days later I got a call from the recruiter. I went in for the interview the next week. Standard Process. I week later they called and offered me the job. Easy Process

Interview Question – How to deal with unruly customers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Niles, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

Interview Details Basic questions asked. Why do you want this job, have you dealt with cash handling, might give you some scenarios and ask what you might do. How are your math skills.

Interview Question – Not too many difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, I accepted what they offered.

Bank Teller

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details of course you have to Apply online, There are many positions to choose from so apply for all of them in your area and that you think you would be good at. Then you will Recieve an unexpected call from a recruiter for a phone interveiw, which it might not feel like an interview but talk your self up a little becasue they are the ones who get you in with the managers. then you get an interview with a branch manager, maybe a few interviews if you dont get picked up right away by the first manager. I have been in two positions with this company and both positions took two interviews before I got hired. So dont be discouraged I have heard of people going for more the 4 interveiws.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time were you had to deal with a unsatisfied customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A HR? person calls and tells you that you were picked and how much you will make, I have never negotiated the wage as it has been fair.

Palisades Park, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2013.

Interview Details I was called and interviewed by the Branch Manager. The next day I met the Assistant Branch Manager the next day with more schedule orientated questions.

Interview Question – They try to really focus on customer service and results. Alot of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Very simple. Basic questions of experience, previous jobs, interest to work for the company.

Interview Question – Try to offer a product or sell a product.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Long Process due to background checks as well as making sure you have people skills. You will be asked multiple behavioral questions at the branch you are interviewing than if you are considered for the position you will meet immediately with another manager of a branch.

Interview Question – To get a customer to open an account by standing on the street and encouraging people to come to the bank.   Answer Question

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details I got interviewed by the assistant branch manager and branch manager. They observe your actions since you walk into the branch, eve as your sitting in the lobby.

Interview Question – There all expected questions from any interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no, they offer you a base salary and you choose whether to take the position or no

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Bank Teller interview questions and advice. All 87 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.