J.P. Morgan

3.1

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Brush up your fundamentals well........be good with people part and technical skills both. So, first a technical round and then subsequent an HR round. Questions included different models of valuation,accounting and other stuffs. They also try to check your stress level so be patient and confident. Rest all is history!

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

There's a technical interview which entails a QnA on your resume, the job on offer. After that, depending on the requirement, there woul be an onsite interview on call.

Then there is an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    They are open to negotiation based on the experience, roles and responsibilities of the job and current salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2009.

1st Round - Director Interviewed me for 20 mins - Question releated to my previous work exp.
    2nd Round - A 1 hour interview by the hiring manger - Technical Question related to BA skills
    3rd Round - F2F interview with another manager for 1 hour - Technical questions. Describe it on board type of questions.
    4th Round - HR manager

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I interviewed about a month before the position was posted after being contacted by a manager internally (I work as a contractor). It has now been 4 months, the position continues to be posted as accepting applications - but I've had no feedback other than when it actually posted and that I could formally apply.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions - didn't have a job description for the position but was asked about qualifications for Visio, etc   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Question: What is the importance of a flow chart?

Answer: When answering this question you need to make it clear that you understand what this tool is used for. A flow chart is a tool that provides a graphical representation of a process. This chart will make a system easy to understand for everyone that is involved with the project that is underway.

Question: What is a use case model?

Answer: A use case model is a tool that is used to describe the business environment. The goal of the tool is to show the actions and events that take place during a given process that is performed by an actor.

Question: What is UML modeling?

Answer: UML stands for Unified Modeling Language. It is the standard in the industry for visualizing, documenting and constructing various components of a system.

The interviewer will likely want to know that you understand how each of these tools is used in the daily life of a business analyst professional. It is crucial that you can describe the methods and techniques used for each tool in a manner that shows you know what you are talking about. Check out the following course to better understand financial modeling and be informed when you answer questions at your interview.

Question: What is an activity diagram and why is it significant?

Answer: The purpose of an activity diagram is to provide an outline of work flow in the business, including the action and activities that are completed. For example, with a company there is likely to be more than one department, with various access levels to the system. If there are departments including HR, Medical and Accounting, they only have access to the screens that relate to their work. An activity diagram will be used to highlight the differences in the departments, which is extremely helpful for developers when they are coding and designing.

Question: What is the role and responsibility of a business analyst?

Answer: If you are interviewing for the position of a business analyst, you should be able to answer this question without much thought. Some of the jobs of a business analyst will include comparing facts and figures, listening to managers and shareholders to provide effective solutions for problems and the negotiation of issues between departments. Check out the course on business analysis to learn more about your role in this position.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1. After you applied online through company career website, you will get an email from the recruiter. 2. I got a phone call from 2 associates currently working in the team
    3 After finishing a 2-1 interview, you will be told to wait for response

Business Analyst Interview

It was very casual and was a very long time ago. I do not remember much about the interview. It started off with a phone conversation with the human resources department. I also met with a project manager and a couple developers before being offered the job. Very conversational interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

Please review all the reviews on Glassdoor. I spent many time to review all the possible questions and prepare the answer for each questions. The interview for summer intern is very typical. 30min back to back interview with two manager. First is behavior, second on is technical. Nothing crazy. I am very comfortable and relax during the interview process. Make sure you always link the answers to the project or previous working experience. They like story telling. So far the best interview experience I had. Don't be nervous. Be confident about very word you say. You should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Can you write a PHP code? Such as hello world   Answer Question
    • What type of people you want to work with?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a change you want to made to the technology you use right now?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I had 3 telephone interviews and 1 face-to-face before receiving an offer. The interviewers were all direct but cordial and I felt very comfortable with all of them. This employer requires credit and background checks, along with fingerprints and drug screening. Because I came in through a consulting firm, I can't offer any insight into their onboarding practices.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you got stakeholders to accept a new process   View Answer
    I'm a contractor, so there was a set rate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was referred by a current employee, two rounds of interviews, one with the manager and the other with director. Standard behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, was more or less a conversation with both interviewers.   Answer Question