J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Brush up your fundamentals well........be good with people part and technical skills both. So, first a technical round and then subsequent an HR round. Questions included different models of valuation,accounting and other stuffs. They also try to check your stress level so be patient and confident. Rest all is history!

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2009.

1st Round - Director Interviewed me for 20 mins - Question releated to my previous work exp.
    2nd Round - A 1 hour interview by the hiring manger - Technical Question related to BA skills
    3rd Round - F2F interview with another manager for 1 hour - Technical questions. Describe it on board type of questions.
    4th Round - HR manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

There's a technical interview which entails a QnA on your resume, the job on offer. After that, depending on the requirement, there woul be an onsite interview on call.

Then there is an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    They are open to negotiation based on the experience, roles and responsibilities of the job and current salary.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

I had 2 interviews that were 30 minutes each. Both were fit questions where I talked about myself. The interviewers were MDs in the firm and were really nice. They were funny during the interview. They never asked any unusual questions or questions that would cause me to fidget and squirm.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation as I was going an analyst program.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I had 3 telephone interviews and 1 face-to-face before receiving an offer. The interviewers were all direct but cordial and I felt very comfortable with all of them. This employer requires credit and background checks, along with fingerprints and drug screening. Because I came in through a consulting firm, I can't offer any insight into their onboarding practices.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you got stakeholders to accept a new process   View Answer
    I'm a contractor, so there was a set rate.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

In this interview process, I started with a phone screen. After the first phone screen I was interviewed by someone else for another phone screen. The third interview I had to physically go to the JP Morgan office and interview. I was interviewed by 4 people in the same day. The interview was very interactive, I had to be sharp with the SDLC process, I had to understand functional requirements, and know flowcharts. After that I waited about 2 weeks before I heard from them.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase is simple they pair you up with a recruiter who asks you formal questions about how you found the position and why you were interested, they also send the benefits packet out. They talk salary with you, after you have come to an agreement with a salary (which is not very negotiable) they send you the offer letter this is electronic as well. Once you accept you have to pass a background check, fingerprinting -- a drug test -- They check your I9, when its all done they ask what day you would like to start.

Once you are done, you are officially a JP Morgan Chase Employee.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was referred by a current employee, two rounds of interviews, one with the manager and the other with director. Standard behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, was more or less a conversation with both interviewers.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

The interview was directly with the hiring manager, HR contact was only to set-up interview. Excellent company to go right after graduation because they have a good support process for advancement. Manager mostly asked questions about my favorite classes and classes where I ecelled at and asked me for any difficulties as well.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Hiring happens usually through a placement agency. Shortlisted candidates are interviewed over the phone. Usually there are four phone interviews prior to hiring, followed by a day or two of in person interviews. Phone interviews are screening processes to eliminate the bad apples. First interview is usually by a junior analyst followed by senior BA and then a VP.

Interview Questions
    • Site a mistake you made in your previous job and how you did you overcome it.   View Answer
    Negotiation was made by the middle man who was the placement agency.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Phone screening with HR. Phone interview with a VP then an ED. Brought in for in person interview with the same VP and ED plus another VP that works closely with the team. Whole process took over 3 months to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for variables I would need in order to forecast staffing needs for operation capacity.   Answer Question

Accepted another offer.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!