J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

40 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Calcutta

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Interview Details Brush up your fundamentals well........be good with people part and technical skills both. So, first a technical round and then subsequent an HR round. Questions included different models of valuation,accounting and other stuffs. They also try to check your stress level so be patient and confident. Rest all is history!

Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2009.

Interview Details 1st Round - Director Interviewed me for 20 mins - Question releated to my previous work exp.
2nd Round - A 1 hour interview by the hiring manger - Technical Question related to BA skills
3rd Round - F2F interview with another manager for 1 hour - Technical questions. Describe it on board type of questions.
4th Round - HR manager

Interview Questions

Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

Interview Details There's a technical interview which entails a QnA on your resume, the job on offer. After that, depending on the requirement, there woul be an onsite interview on call.

Then there is an HR interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They are open to negotiation based on the experience, roles and responsibilities of the job and current salary.

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details The interview was directly with the hiring manager, HR contact was only to set-up interview. Excellent company to go right after graduation because they have a good support process for advancement. Manager mostly asked questions about my favorite classes and classes where I ecelled at and asked me for any difficulties as well.

Interview Question – Manager asked very detailed questions about SDLC   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details Hiring happens usually through a placement agency. Shortlisted candidates are interviewed over the phone. Usually there are four phone interviews prior to hiring, followed by a day or two of in person interviews. Phone interviews are screening processes to eliminate the bad apples. First interview is usually by a junior analyst followed by senior BA and then a VP.

Interview Question – Site a mistake you made in your previous job and how you did you overcome it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was made by the middle man who was the placement agency.

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview Details Phone screening with HR. Phone interview with a VP then an ED. Brought in for in person interview with the same VP and ED plus another VP that works closely with the team. Whole process took over 3 months to receive an offer.

Interview Question – They asked for variables I would need in order to forecast staffing needs for operation capacity.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted another offer.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Had to interview with 6 people before reaching the point of being offered a position. The process was long and exceptionally draining having it include 4 interview sessions ranging from 30 minutes (one) to 5 hours with a tremendous amount of redundancy in the questions and answers. I was interviewing in parallel with 3 other companies, my life was interviewing 12 hours 3 days in a row. Hiring process was ridiculously slow. From offer to start was over a month because even though I was "rushed through" they didn't get my drug screen results and took 10 days to contact me to even verify I had taken them, which I did the first day I could.

Interview Question – Who are the other companies you are interviewing and how much money are they offering you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple, but inappropriate. I was made an offer based on knowing what the competition was offering, not what my value is.

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details women in tech event submitted resume

Interview Question – what was a challenge you faced   Answer Question

Newark, DE (US)

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details It was a 4 step interview process. The first step was just a general round of Q&A about myself and my previous experience. The second and third rounds were the fun part where I had to explain about my previous roles and case scenarios which I would have to face in future as a part of my role for JPMC. the Final step was the HR round where I was offered the position.

Interview Question – I was able to answer all the questions with aplomb   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had to decline a wonderful offer because of personal reasons

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details Applied through campus and process took 3+ weeks in total with 3 rounds.

Interview Question – Current Events question- Why did the 2008 crisis happened?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 40 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.