J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
2,255 interviews

2.9

Analyst Interview

Code for Good Hackathon 2014 Mumbai. It was through college campus selection the process included resume screening, aptitude test, technical interview and HR interview. The hackathon consisted of coding for an NGO within 24 hours. So the contestants had to stay awake the entire night. After the coding was done we had to present the ideas to the NGO after which again shortlisting was done for the final presentations

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Good interview and the interview person was polite and well-informed.The level of questioning increased progressively and the interviewer was giving a lot of options for the questions and the subject areas!

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

1 Telephonic technical round: On mainframes basics & details
    1 round with onsite manager: Personal & Technical related to testing (in my case it was with VP based in Hongkong who was a Chinese)
    1 HR round: For salary negotiations

Interview Questions
    If technical round goes well.... quote a higher salary

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

I was called for the interview on Saturday May 17th 2014.

There was a huge line of people waiting for clearing the security checks. It took almost an hour for me to get the clearance after all the hic ups i went into interview room.

It was directly one on one discussion with the technical panel.

Panel started interviewing me with basic java question to advanced concepts. It was very challenging to clear this round. Later i was said i might have to join with in a month for which i agreed provided they issue me a offer with in a month. I was called again for another round of interview on May 19th 2014 where the same panel asked me some more java questions.

On the same day I was said i have cleared all the technical rounds and will be receiving a offer letter soon.

Its been more than a month now and am still waiting to receive my offer letter. HR keeps telling me they don't have an update from higher management. I really don't understand how can a HR answer so unreasonably.

They are very unprofessional in there response and time lines. My salary discussion happened after 25 days of telling me that i have cleared the technical rounds.

How long do you expect a candidate to wait for you ?
    How long does it take to process a candidature ?
    If you are not interested in providing a job why do you give false hope to candidates ?
    Its actually a case of of IPC 420 cheating and false hope which i can file in court ?

When they said i have been selected i stopped taking calls from other consultancy and gave a stop for my job hunt. Truly frustrating experience and unreasonable responses received from JPMC.

Guys if you are reading this and going to attend an interview with this company, Give it a thought if they can play so hopelessly with a guy outside company what would be your position when you join them.

Attend the interview for experience but do not join them i tell you they screw up your future plans just by the name of interview.

Being a multi billion $ company you should learn how to handle a candidature in the first place.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between -X and -XX arguments ?
      How do you write a JNI call when the underlying language used is Perl ?
        View Answer

Manual Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

4 telephonic technical rounds including one global technical round, face to face managerial rounds - 2, one HR round, technical were one panel , 1 to 1 , global panel & global 1-1

Interview Questions
    • Global questions on team management, conflict management, multiple company changing & tough technical question on QA   Answer Question

As i liked this one

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

I was contacted by job consultant and went to their office on weekend for face-to-face interview. The person I was supposed to meet was nowhere to be seen and the HR chose some random person and had him interview me. That person's behaviour was completely robotic. Had a list of questions in his mind and started asking those. All questions were Java knowledge based questions like write exception hierarchy, stuff like that. Few questions were weird and when I am asked him what is the answer he told me he himself doesn't know. That was kind of irresponsible of him to ask questions for which he did not have any answer. After the interview, I realised that no one had a clue for which team I was called in for and HR had assigned me to team which she thinks works on Java. That was kind of disappointing since I drive almost 1.5 hours for interview.

Transaction Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Walk-in Interview.
    First was the aptitude test. Questions were based on logical reasoning, english, quant,etc.
    Then interview with manager.
    Then HR round.
    Process took 2 weeks.
    (It can even go upto 7 rounds of various interviews.)

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Written Test that encompassed knowledge of aptitude, fundamentals of business and market awareness. Followed by a Financial Statement Activity workshop, a presentation, and two interviews.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Company offers walk-in-interview. Or you can apply by reference or by apply online through the website. First round shall be group discussion or extempore, Next should be an aptitude test and then HR Rounds and then finally operations round with PM, and then VP or ED

Associate Interview

I was very disappointed with the interviews. They interviewd me for EJB and I cleared. I took up the offer. After that, I was asked to work on EXT-JS and UI related things.

Interview Questions

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!