J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
2,291 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I applied for the opening through LinkedIn and got a call from the Hiring team. The hiring team member was asking about the role and duties that I carry out in my current organization, expected and current CTC and some basic information required.

The hiring team representative then explained the further interview process- venue, date and timing on which I should appear for the interview. It was mentioned that it would be a F-to-F interview with the Manager technology on my skill set and few more details that would help them to decide further. I asked if I need to brush any concepts in specific for the round, but it was mentioned that the questions will be on the acquired skill set and not much from outside.

Interview day: My interview timing was at 3PM. The manager technology came all the way down from the top floor to take me as I will not be allowed without an ID check. We had a casual talk about the ID check process and the manager offered me if I may need a cup of water or coffee to grab before the interview starts ;) This was quite impressive as my previous organization (Sapient Corporation) is very much known for it's open culture! I felt the same culture there as well.

Interview questions:

1. Give a summary of your resume.
    2. Tel about your current project
    3. Which is the difficult situation that you have faced as a QA analyst and how did you overcome
    4. Who is a Business Analyst (Since I was more into a profile where there is a lot of interaction between me, QA Lead and BA)
    5. What are your soft skills

Few more questions which were fully from my resume. It was the core base on which the whole interview was revolving. After a 45 min of interview, I was interviewed by a senior HR manager (along with the manager tech of previous round) who was asking about the following:

1. Expected CTC
    2. Salary breakage in current org (I was not much clear of it as I thought i may get sometime before the HR type of questions. It is better to be clear on what type of package is provided in your current office- fixed or variable, how much is your expected breakage, how much was ur compensation, etc.)
    3. any questions for us?

At the end, the HR said- on seeing the experience and the type of the work you have delivered, we are offering you a more of BA role that a QA analyst role. That made my day!

As a whole the interview was so interactive and it was not like they were up to the question and nothing here-there. The interviewers were very casual and just wanted to know how exactly we present ourselves, how is our thought process, what is our expectations and how confident are we.

I received my letter of intent after 1 week and I have been provided exactly what I asked for :) Sad part is, by that time I got a compensation hike in my company and could not negotiate much further. Beside all, the role which has been provided for me is Business Process Analyst and I am really happy for the role, since I have been trying more for BA role that QA analyst role though they had openings for both.

And I hear very good reviews on the company and about the onsite opportunities that is offered. Looking forward to join the organization to provide my best.

Wishing you all the best!

Interview Questions
    • Salary break down of my current company, what is expected from JPMC in contrast, any questions for us?   Answer Question
    Cool. I have been provided exactly what I asked for :) Sad part is, by that time I received my offer, I got a compensation hike in my company and could not negotiate much further.

Advice: Prepare and be clear about your expected CTC. More importantly, be realistic.

Database Developer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Got a call for DB developer position through consultancy. Profile got shortlisted and gota call for F2F interview. On the interview day first round was Technical written. Secound round was based on written paper questions, discussing answers. Third round was also technical. All the rounds went good. Interviewer were very professional and making me feel comfortible. Had good experience there.

Interview Questions
    • There was not any difficult questions. All round were purely technical and whenever stucked got hint from interviewr himself so had really nice exp. Only regret is I have been told that will be contacted in week time for Mgr round. But no calls, no intimation yet. Thats only sad part.   Answer Question

Engineer Analyst Interview

Interview process started with two technical round followed by a managerial round.HR round happened in the end, It took around a month to release the offer.The process ended in one day.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

two technical,one managerial and finally hr round.technically you should be strong.but when you enter you will be made to work on old version of technologies.work culture is good.human values are there.just like government job...cool work pressure

Interview Questions
    not good.they will not accept negotiations

Analyst Interview

Code for Good Hackathon 2014 Mumbai. It was through college campus selection the process included resume screening, aptitude test, technical interview and HR interview. The hackathon consisted of coding for an NGO within 24 hours. So the contestants had to stay awake the entire night. After the coding was done we had to present the ideas to the NGO after which again shortlisting was done for the final presentations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Good interview and the interview person was polite and well-informed.The level of questioning increased progressively and the interviewer was giving a lot of options for the questions and the subject areas!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

1 Telephonic technical round: On mainframes basics & details
    1 round with onsite manager: Personal & Technical related to testing (in my case it was with VP based in Hongkong who was a Chinese)
    1 HR round: For salary negotiations

Interview Questions
    If technical round goes well.... quote a higher salary

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

I was called for the interview on Saturday May 17th 2014.

There was a huge line of people waiting for clearing the security checks. It took almost an hour for me to get the clearance after all the hic ups i went into interview room.

It was directly one on one discussion with the technical panel.

Panel started interviewing me with basic java question to advanced concepts. It was very challenging to clear this round. Later i was said i might have to join with in a month for which i agreed provided they issue me a offer with in a month. I was called again for another round of interview on May 19th 2014 where the same panel asked me some more java questions.

On the same day I was said i have cleared all the technical rounds and will be receiving a offer letter soon.

Its been more than a month now and am still waiting to receive my offer letter. HR keeps telling me they don't have an update from higher management. I really don't understand how can a HR answer so unreasonably.

They are very unprofessional in there response and time lines. My salary discussion happened after 25 days of telling me that i have cleared the technical rounds.

How long do you expect a candidate to wait for you ?
    How long does it take to process a candidature ?
    If you are not interested in providing a job why do you give false hope to candidates ?
    Its actually a case of of IPC 420 cheating and false hope which i can file in court ?

When they said i have been selected i stopped taking calls from other consultancy and gave a stop for my job hunt. Truly frustrating experience and unreasonable responses received from JPMC.

Guys if you are reading this and going to attend an interview with this company, Give it a thought if they can play so hopelessly with a guy outside company what would be your position when you join them.

Attend the interview for experience but do not join them i tell you they screw up your future plans just by the name of interview.

Being a multi billion $ company you should learn how to handle a candidature in the first place.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between -X and -XX arguments ?
      How do you write a JNI call when the underlying language used is Perl ?
        View Answer

Manual Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

4 telephonic technical rounds including one global technical round, face to face managerial rounds - 2, one HR round, technical were one panel , 1 to 1 , global panel & global 1-1

Interview Questions
    • Global questions on team management, conflict management, multiple company changing & tough technical question on QA   Answer Question

As i liked this one

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

I was contacted by job consultant and went to their office on weekend for face-to-face interview. The person I was supposed to meet was nowhere to be seen and the HR chose some random person and had him interview me. That person's behaviour was completely robotic. Had a list of questions in his mind and started asking those. All questions were Java knowledge based questions like write exception hierarchy, stuff like that. Few questions were weird and when I am asked him what is the answer he told me he himself doesn't know. That was kind of irresponsible of him to ask questions for which he did not have any answer. After the interview, I realised that no one had a clue for which team I was called in for and HR had assigned me to team which she thinks works on Java. That was kind of disappointing since I drive almost 1.5 hours for interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!