J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

Starts with a telephonic round & then you progress on to next rounds of personal interviews..

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about JP Morgan & why do u want to join the firm?   Answer Question
Considering the current market situation, the negotiation process is not very encouraging

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2009.

I had two interviews. One was taken by the head of the team I would be working for and the other was taken by the HR rep. Both were asking very basic questions based on my CV and nothing was out of context. All questions were centered around the CV and there were some Finance related questions like which side of the balance sheet is equity on.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

applied online, get a call for interview. interview last 40 minutes. Both behaviour question and technique question. They are nice. talked to everyone in the team. All nice people. fair hardness.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

After applying to the graduate program, I received an email asking me to pass a test from home that I would send through email. After passing that, I had a telephone interview and I was invited to pass tests on site and then I had 3 interviews. The people were very nice, not aggressive, they just wanted to get to the heart of the problem and know what my motivations were, was i going to be a reliable worker etc. I had to prove to them that they could count on me, that I was confident, etc. This is the best advice I can give to someone, show them that you are confident and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think our company's biggest regulatory threats are at the moment?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

2 / 3 rounds phone interview each round 2 - 3 analysts / associates; then final VC interview with 3 directors / VPs
    usually 15/20 min of behavioral + 15/20 min of tech (standard corp fin / accounting questions)
    most of them are very nice + busy so they won't bother you with crazy questions

Interview Questions
    • answer a tech question in another language. not prepared for that   Answer Question

Applied online and received phone interview after 3 weeks

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The process is fairly "easy" and quick if you are being recruited on campus. Screening takes a while though if you apply online. Definitely make use of on campus recruiting if they come to your school

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly behavioral for the preliminary interview. Basically know your resume REALLY well, and if you say you know a certain software program, make sure you can back it up.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Very straight forward and to the point. For the right person, this can be a great place to work. I did not go further on in the interview process. If I had another opportunity I would highly pursue the amazing professional affiliates of JPMorgan.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Applied online and had an assessment centre day in their London office. It went almost perfectly but because they're the best you have to be perfect. I was let down by my performance in the Group Discussion despite the other areas scoring very highly.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interviewed for a Summer Analyst Position in the SF Office. Two phone screens and a superday with 4 interviews. Interviewers were mainly associates and a VP. Consisted mostly of technical questions and a few fit. A couple brain teasers as well

Interview Questions

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!