J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.5

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

Starts with a telephonic round & then you progress on to next rounds of personal interviews..

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about JP Morgan & why do u want to join the firm?   Answer Question
Considering the current market situation, the negotiation process is not very encouraging

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee  in  Mumbai
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2009.

I had two interviews. One was taken by the head of the team I would be working for and the other was taken by the HR rep. Both were asking very basic questions based on my CV and nothing was out of context. All questions were centered around the CV and there were some Finance related questions like which side of the balance sheet is equity on.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

2 / 3 rounds phone interview each round 2 - 3 analysts / associates; then final VC interview with 3 directors / VPs
    usually 15/20 min of behavioral + 15/20 min of tech (standard corp fin / accounting questions)
    most of them are very nice + busy so they won't bother you with crazy questions

Interview Questions
    • answer a tech question in another language. not prepared for that   Answer Question

Applied online and received phone interview after 3 weeks

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The process is fairly "easy" and quick if you are being recruited on campus. Screening takes a while though if you apply online. Definitely make use of on campus recruiting if they come to your school

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly behavioral for the preliminary interview. Basically know your resume REALLY well, and if you say you know a certain software program, make sure you can back it up.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Very straight forward and to the point. For the right person, this can be a great place to work. I did not go further on in the interview process. If I had another opportunity I would highly pursue the amazing professional affiliates of JPMorgan.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Applied online and had an assessment centre day in their London office. It went almost perfectly but because they're the best you have to be perfect. I was let down by my performance in the Group Discussion despite the other areas scoring very highly.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interviewed for a Summer Analyst Position in the SF Office. Two phone screens and a superday with 4 interviews. Interviewers were mainly associates and a VP. Consisted mostly of technical questions and a few fit. A couple brain teasers as well

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

The interview was both personal and technical. The questions focused on technical financial questions, and we were required to demonstrate basic financial competence. The interview was a panel of three employees of the firm. One was a managing director, one was an associate, and one was an analyst. They represented different industries.

Interview Questions
    • What animal is most representative of you and your personality?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Rochester, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

It was a on campus screening interview with an MD alumni, he was really nice a like to listen to what I am really good at, at end, he couldn't offer to refer me due to the different department reason, however, after 30 mins chatting with me, he helped me narrow the area that fit me the most--Asset Management. It was great and extremely helpful.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!