J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

33 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

Interview Details Starts with a telephonic round & then you progress on to next rounds of personal interviews..

Interview Question – What do you know about JP Morgan & why do u want to join the firm?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Considering the current market situation, the negotiation process is not very encouraging

Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2009.

Interview Details I had two interviews. One was taken by the head of the team I would be working for and the other was taken by the HR rep. Both were asking very basic questions based on my CV and nothing was out of context. All questions were centered around the CV and there were some Finance related questions like which side of the balance sheet is equity on.

Interview Questions

Interview Details Applied online and received phone interview after 3 weeks

Interview Question – Usual background and why this industry question   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details The process is fairly "easy" and quick if you are being recruited on campus. Screening takes a while though if you apply online. Definitely make use of on campus recruiting if they come to your school

Interview Question – The questions were mostly behavioral for the preliminary interview. Basically know your resume REALLY well, and if you say you know a certain software program, make sure you can back it up.   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Very straight forward and to the point. For the right person, this can be a great place to work. I did not go further on in the interview process. If I had another opportunity I would highly pursue the amazing professional affiliates of JPMorgan.

Interview Question – Walk me through a DCF analysis   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Interview Details Applied online and had an assessment centre day in their London office. It went almost perfectly but because they're the best you have to be perfect. I was let down by my performance in the Group Discussion despite the other areas scoring very highly.

Interview Question – Brain teasers   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Interviewed for a Summer Analyst Position in the SF Office. Two phone screens and a superday with 4 interviews. Interviewers were mainly associates and a VP. Consisted mostly of technical questions and a few fit. A couple brain teasers as well

Interview Question – What is your personal beta   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details The interview was both personal and technical. The questions focused on technical financial questions, and we were required to demonstrate basic financial competence. The interview was a panel of three employees of the firm. One was a managing director, one was an associate, and one was an analyst. They represented different industries.

Interview Question – What animal is most representative of you and your personality?   Answer Question

Rochester, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details It was a on campus screening interview with an MD alumni, he was really nice a like to listen to what I am really good at, at end, he couldn't offer to refer me due to the different department reason, however, after 30 mins chatting with me, he helped me narrow the area that fit me the most--Asset Management. It was great and extremely helpful.

New York, NY (US)

I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details Online tests, accessement center. and two another round by MD and VPS

Interview Question – How did you see the future of J.P   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Investment Banking Analyst interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.