J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Interview Details Presentation by recruiters on the job profile followed by a background check on past academic performance. This constituted the first shortlist of candidates after which there was an online Aptitude test. After shortlisting in this round, the next day we were given a case study to read for half an hour which formed the basis of the group discussion. Finally, after being shortlisted here we reached the 1:1 interview round and got selected.

Interview Question – Which Line of Business do you want to be in the future and why?   Answer Question

Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview Details The interview was conducted on campus. The panel included the VP of IB and Head of HR. The interview was not very technical, but more emphasis was laid on the personality traits and to find a fit between the job requirements and my qualities.

Interview Questions

Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2009.

Interview Details best way to reach company is via job consultants, as the hr forgets candidates refered by internal employee.

Negotiation Details – please negotiate as much as possible, always ask for 60 % hike. which might close the deal by 55 to 50 % hike. JPMC has the capability to pay more then 60%, so please do not make a mistake in salary discussions. be firm and they will surely pay.
but after joining the increments and bonus are very bad. hence u might have to change after few year if u want financial growth; as the financial growth of people who come from outside is very good as compared to internal candidates.

Very Easy Interview

Mumbai

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Interview Details Campus Recruitment at top 15 Bschool for CDP(Operations) Analyst program. 160 applications; 45 people shortlisted. Aptitude test(Maths + English)..very basic test 36 qualified the test. Followed by Case study GD(groups of 7-8)...case study on a firm's IT plans..18 people called for interview...interview was more on behavioral skills...why jpmc, why financial services,why operations, who is a leader, ur achievements, ur biggest failure, some current affairs question to check whether ur a moron or not, questions on CV i.e why change frm engg to finance, abt last job...2 people in the panel(1 HR + 1 VP)...10 people made it from our campus.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in operations?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Interview Details I had someone give me his direct number & email after seeing the posting online. The secretary shot me down. Had a brief phone interview from a nice lady, and then scheduled a meeting in Fidi the same week. He rescheduled for meeting at the midtown office last minute. This is the very end of May, so things were quick. He had me brought in. Basically, he liked my grit. It was a 15 minute conversation over coffee with little meaningful dialogue. I told him the truth when he asked why I applied to his job opening; that it was the only summer internship posted(this was end of May). He didn't know why he received 100+ apps in a week. He promised to call me back in a week and said that whoever he interviews will be included in the 2 yr Ops Development program later on. He never followed up. Never answered/replied to calls/emails.

He tried to label me an 'adrenaline junkie'.

Interview Question – He asked me "Why Operations?" about 5 times. Have a good example for why you're a team player. What do you do for stress relief?   Answer Question

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details They get most hires through the internship process. However, be prepared for multiple rounds of interviews (including in person and on the phone, you will speak with people from varying locations) and be prepared to demonstrate past work to show accomplishments. Interviewers are generally very kind, but can be a little intimidating.

Interview Question – What is my value to the world?   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details *Submitted resume to career center at school
*Received email from JP Morgan (on a Sunday night) informing me that they would like to interview me over the phone on the upcoming Friday
*Interview process was two 30 minute phone interviews back to back with VPs in operations
*Asked standard behavioral questions and if I knew microsoft excel
*1.5 weeks after the interview, received phone call with offer

After accepting offer:
Needed to complete background checks, pass a drug test, and get fingerprinted

Interview Question – *Where do you get your news from
*How competent are you in excel (pivot tables, if statements, macros, working with large datasets)
*Why operations
*What classes have you taken in school; when do you graduate
*Prior work experience; how many hours a week do you work
*How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
*Community service; volunteer activities; extra-curricular clubs
  Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details Application On-Line for the summer internship in the Operations Area of JP Morgan Dublin's Branch - Group assessment center with other 3 people (discussion of a case about a software company) - 3 personal Interviews (one with the area manager and two with two different HR representatives). Most of the questions were motivational, very few technical questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with a wide data set in your academic or business life   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Applied through on Campus recruiting event. Spoke with a recruiter briefly and was told i would receive a phone call. Received a phone call to have an on campus interview the next day. The on campus interview was just behavioral questions and background. The next round was call the "Super Day" and that was at the headquarters. The super day con sited of a tour and 4 30 minute 1:1 interviews and a team project.

Interview Question – What is the fastest way to center all objects on a powerpoint?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details 1 interview for analyst position that was offered to me. Interviewed with executive director, mostly general questions to see if my personality would be a fit for the department. Also, questioned about my specific plans for my career and how I see the role being in line with my goals. You really need to show confidence and a plan rather than general goals.

JPM also likes to test to see how well you do on your feet because it is a very competitive environment. Wants to see willingness to learn and fight for your spot in the organization. Also, show that you have a strong curiosity and drive to perform the best you can at all times.

Interview Question – Where do you you see yourself in five years and how does this role align with your goals?   View Answer

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!