J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014

3.1

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

The interview was conducted on campus. The panel included the VP of IB and Head of HR. The interview was not very technical, but more emphasis was laid on the personality traits and to find a fit between the job requirements and my qualities.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Presentation by recruiters on the job profile followed by a background check on past academic performance. This constituted the first shortlist of candidates after which there was an online Aptitude test. After shortlisting in this round, the next day we were given a case study to read for half an hour which formed the basis of the group discussion. Finally, after being shortlisted here we reached the 1:1 interview round and got selected.

Interview Questions
    • Which Line of Business do you want to be in the future and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Campus Recruitment at top 15 Bschool for CDP(Operations) Analyst program. 160 applications; 45 people shortlisted. Aptitude test(Maths + English)..very basic test 36 qualified the test. Followed by Case study GD(groups of 7-8)...case study on a firm's IT plans..18 people called for interview...interview was more on behavioral skills...why jpmc, why financial services,why operations, who is a leader, ur achievements, ur biggest failure, some current affairs question to check whether ur a moron or not, questions on CV i.e why change frm engg to finance, abt last job...2 people in the panel(1 HR + 1 VP)...10 people made it from our campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2009.

best way to reach company is via job consultants, as the hr forgets candidates refered by internal employee.

please negotiate as much as possible, always ask for 60 % hike. which might close the deal by 55 to 50 % hike. JPMC has the capability to pay more then 60%, so please do not make a mistake in salary discussions. be firm and they will surely pay.
    but after joining the increments and bonus are very bad. hence u might have to change after few year if u want financial growth; as the financial growth of people who come from outside is very good as compared to internal candidates.

Operations Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting online and got an interview. One round interview on campus. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews which were almost all behavioral questions and one Excel question. I heard back within a couple weeks with an offer.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I applied through my univeristy's online career portal at the beginning of September. Received an email to apply online about 2 weeks later. 3-4 days later received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with two VP's of operations. Received an offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • -Talk about a time where you where unsure of what the deliverable was.
      -There is an error in your presentation 10 minutes before you have to get in front of the board. What do you do?
      -Your boss leaves two weeks after you start working on a big project. What do you do?
      -What is operations?
      -What do you read to keep up with what is happening on Wall Street?
        View Answer
    No negotiation for interns.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied right at the application deadline with minutes to spare! Factor in about 1 hour to clear the computer tests etc. Got an email for a phone interview one week later. Interviewer didnt call during the scheduled dates. Emailed them and she called the next day on a public holiday instead. Interview was mainly behavioral questions with some introduction of yourself. Lasted probably 15-25 mins and im still waiting for their reply.

Interview Questions
    • Why you chose to do an engineering degree for undergrad studies instead of BBA   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.

Operations Analyst Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

*Submitted resume to career center at school
    *Received email from JP Morgan (on a Sunday night) informing me that they would like to interview me over the phone on the upcoming Friday
    *Interview process was two 30 minute phone interviews back to back with VPs in operations
    *Asked standard behavioral questions and if I knew microsoft excel
    *1.5 weeks after the interview, received phone call with offer

After accepting offer:
    Needed to complete background checks, pass a drug test, and get fingerprinted

Interview Questions
    • *Where do you get your news from
      *How competent are you in excel (pivot tables, if statements, macros, working with large datasets)
      *Why operations
      *What classes have you taken in school; when do you graduate
      *Prior work experience; how many hours a week do you work
      *How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
      *Community service; volunteer activities; extra-curricular clubs
        Answer Question