J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 14 Oct 2014

3.1

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

The interview was conducted on campus. The panel included the VP of IB and Head of HR. The interview was not very technical, but more emphasis was laid on the personality traits and to find a fit between the job requirements and my qualities.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Presentation by recruiters on the job profile followed by a background check on past academic performance. This constituted the first shortlist of candidates after which there was an online Aptitude test. After shortlisting in this round, the next day we were given a case study to read for half an hour which formed the basis of the group discussion. Finally, after being shortlisted here we reached the 1:1 interview round and got selected.

Interview Questions
    • Which Line of Business do you want to be in the future and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Campus Recruitment at top 15 Bschool for CDP(Operations) Analyst program. 160 applications; 45 people shortlisted. Aptitude test(Maths + English)..very basic test 36 qualified the test. Followed by Case study GD(groups of 7-8)...case study on a firm's IT plans..18 people called for interview...interview was more on behavioral skills...why jpmc, why financial services,why operations, who is a leader, ur achievements, ur biggest failure, some current affairs question to check whether ur a moron or not, questions on CV i.e why change frm engg to finance, abt last job...2 people in the panel(1 HR + 1 VP)...10 people made it from our campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2009.

best way to reach company is via job consultants, as the hr forgets candidates refered by internal employee.

please negotiate as much as possible, always ask for 60 % hike. which might close the deal by 55 to 50 % hike. JPMC has the capability to pay more then 60%, so please do not make a mistake in salary discussions. be firm and they will surely pay.
    but after joining the increments and bonus are very bad. hence u might have to change after few year if u want financial growth; as the financial growth of people who come from outside is very good as compared to internal candidates.

Operations Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting online and got an interview. One round interview on campus. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews which were almost all behavioral questions and one Excel question. I heard back within a couple weeks with an offer.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.

Operations Analyst Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews. I had mine back to back. I was not in town and they allowed the interviews to be over the phone. However, other interns told me they came in for their interviews. Interviews were pretty straight forward. I got a call for an offer only two days after the phone interviews.

No negotiation. They gave two weeks to accept or decline.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

*Submitted resume to career center at school
    *Received email from JP Morgan (on a Sunday night) informing me that they would like to interview me over the phone on the upcoming Friday
    *Interview process was two 30 minute phone interviews back to back with VPs in operations
    *Asked standard behavioral questions and if I knew microsoft excel
    *1.5 weeks after the interview, received phone call with offer

After accepting offer:
    Needed to complete background checks, pass a drug test, and get fingerprinted

Interview Questions
    • *Where do you get your news from
      *How competent are you in excel (pivot tables, if statements, macros, working with large datasets)
      *Why operations
      *What classes have you taken in school; when do you graduate
      *Prior work experience; how many hours a week do you work
      *How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
      *Community service; volunteer activities; extra-curricular clubs
        Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied through on Campus recruiting event. Spoke with a recruiter briefly and was told i would receive a phone call. Received a phone call to have an on campus interview the next day. The on campus interview was just behavioral questions and background. The next round was call the "Super Day" and that was at the headquarters. The super day con sited of a tour and 4 30 minute 1:1 interviews and a team project.

Interview Questions
    • What is the fastest way to center all objects on a powerpoint?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

1 interview for analyst position that was offered to me. Interviewed with executive director, mostly general questions to see if my personality would be a fit for the department. Also, questioned about my specific plans for my career and how I see the role being in line with my goals. You really need to show confidence and a plan rather than general goals.

JPM also likes to test to see how well you do on your feet because it is a very competitive environment. Wants to see willingness to learn and fight for your spot in the organization. Also, show that you have a strong curiosity and drive to perform the best you can at all times.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you you see yourself in five years and how does this role align with your goals?   View Answer