J.P. Morgan

Updated 15 Nov 2014

3.1

58 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

The interview was conducted on campus. The panel included the VP of IB and Head of HR. The interview was not very technical, but more emphasis was laid on the personality traits and to find a fit between the job requirements and my qualities.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Presentation by recruiters on the job profile followed by a background check on past academic performance. This constituted the first shortlist of candidates after which there was an online Aptitude test. After shortlisting in this round, the next day we were given a case study to read for half an hour which formed the basis of the group discussion. Finally, after being shortlisted here we reached the 1:1 interview round and got selected.

Interview Questions
    • Which Line of Business do you want to be in the future and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Campus Recruitment at top 15 Bschool for CDP(Operations) Analyst program. 160 applications; 45 people shortlisted. Aptitude test(Maths + English)..very basic test 36 qualified the test. Followed by Case study GD(groups of 7-8)...case study on a firm's IT plans..18 people called for interview...interview was more on behavioral skills...why jpmc, why financial services,why operations, who is a leader, ur achievements, ur biggest failure, some current affairs question to check whether ur a moron or not, questions on CV i.e why change frm engg to finance, abt last job...2 people in the panel(1 HR + 1 VP)...10 people made it from our campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2009.

best way to reach company is via job consultants, as the hr forgets candidates refered by internal employee.

please negotiate as much as possible, always ask for 60 % hike. which might close the deal by 55 to 50 % hike. JPMC has the capability to pay more then 60%, so please do not make a mistake in salary discussions. be firm and they will surely pay.
    but after joining the increments and bonus are very bad. hence u might have to change after few year if u want financial growth; as the financial growth of people who come from outside is very good as compared to internal candidates.

Operations Analyst Interview

Applied through campus recruiting online and got an interview. One round interview on campus. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews which were almost all behavioral questions and one Excel question. I heard back within a couple weeks with an offer.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I applied through my univeristy's online career portal at the beginning of September. Received an email to apply online about 2 weeks later. 3-4 days later received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with two VP's of operations. Received an offer about a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
    • -Talk about a time where you where unsure of what the deliverable was.
      -There is an error in your presentation 10 minutes before you have to get in front of the board. What do you do?
      -Your boss leaves two weeks after you start working on a big project. What do you do?
      -What is operations?
      -What do you read to keep up with what is happening on Wall Street?
        View Answer
    No negotiation for interns.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied right at the application deadline with minutes to spare! Factor in about 1 hour to clear the computer tests etc. Got an email for a phone interview one week later. Interviewer didnt call during the scheduled dates. Emailed them and she called the next day on a public holiday instead. Interview was mainly behavioral questions with some introduction of yourself. Lasted probably 15-25 mins and im still waiting for their reply.

Interview Questions
    • Why you chose to do an engineering degree for undergrad studies instead of BBA   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

My school is a target school for JP Morgan so they held numerous events all over campus. I submitted my application via school career service's website. I was notified of an interview.

Interview was one hour, two interviews back to back. First was with a VP, a lot more serious, but she was sweet. Second was with two analysts, very laid back. I really enjoyed how they conducted the interview (conversation style).

Interview Questions
    • "What sorts of services does JP Morgan offer?"   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

This interview was a OCR. Overall the process took just about 4 weeks to receive an offer. I only had 2 back to back 30 minute interviews. However, one of the interviewers just talked about what he did and barely asked me any questions. Overall, the interview was not too challenging if you just prepare enough.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of phone calls.

Behavioral questions and several resume questions.

Overall, not too bad of an interview. Be sure to express your reason for applying and sound passionate about joining such a company. Share your goals and how this career opportunity is going to guide you in that direction.