J.P. Morgan

J.P. Morgan Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

The interview was conducted on campus. The panel included the VP of IB and Head of HR. The interview was not very technical, but more emphasis was laid on the personality traits and to find a fit between the job requirements and my qualities.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Presentation by recruiters on the job profile followed by a background check on past academic performance. This constituted the first shortlist of candidates after which there was an online Aptitude test. After shortlisting in this round, the next day we were given a case study to read for half an hour which formed the basis of the group discussion. Finally, after being shortlisted here we reached the 1:1 interview round and got selected.

Interview Questions
    • Which Line of Business do you want to be in the future and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Campus Recruitment at top 15 Bschool for CDP(Operations) Analyst program. 160 applications; 45 people shortlisted. Aptitude test(Maths + English)..very basic test 36 qualified the test. Followed by Case study GD(groups of 7-8)...case study on a firm's IT plans..18 people called for interview...interview was more on behavioral skills...why jpmc, why financial services,why operations, who is a leader, ur achievements, ur biggest failure, some current affairs question to check whether ur a moron or not, questions on CV i.e why change frm engg to finance, abt last job...2 people in the panel(1 HR + 1 VP)...10 people made it from our campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2009.

best way to reach company is via job consultants, as the hr forgets candidates refered by internal employee.

please negotiate as much as possible, always ask for 60 % hike. which might close the deal by 55 to 50 % hike. JPMC has the capability to pay more then 60%, so please do not make a mistake in salary discussions. be firm and they will surely pay.
    but after joining the increments and bonus are very bad. hence u might have to change after few year if u want financial growth; as the financial growth of people who come from outside is very good as compared to internal candidates.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Chester, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Met with 2 different recruiters. Both asked me an array of questions based on both my academic and career record. Both recruiters did give a very vivid explanation of the types of questions that they were going to ask. After the interview was over they told me exactly what to expect in the future and how long it would take them to come to a decision.

Interview Questions
    • What is a current event going on right now that you think has a direct impact on financial markets?   View Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

It was online application and was called for assessment centre, the whole process took about a month. Make sure you prepare well for the case study and research about the position that you are applying for.

Interview Questions
    • Why jp Morgan, why operations? What do you understand about the role, case study presentation, group discussion and reflection interview..   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Submitted application online. Received e-mail for interview a few weeks later. There were two back to back 30 minute phone interviews. First was behavioral and fairly easy. The second interview was more difficult with more scenario/technical based questions. They wanted to know what you could contribute to a given scenario.

Submit application
    Online Assessments
    Telephonic interview - Why Operations? Why you? Price of commodities. Recent news in Financial Markets.
    Face to face interview - Basically just to determine company fit. Very informal, mostly questions about yourself.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

Submitted my resume through my college careerlinks, got an email to apply on their website then was emailed to choose to come in and interview. The interview was with two people in operations and it was very basic. They asked questions through a sheet that was provided to them by corporate. Questions like, why jp morgan, what is operations, tell me about yourself, who is your favorite leader and how are you like them? They were too busy writing my answers down to even pay attention to how i was saying them or trying to understand what i was saying. They were boring.

Interview Questions
    • Traders are sending in their information through excel and mailing them to operations, how can you make the process more efficient?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

2 Stage Process. Application and after a month I was invited to the Assessment Centre. There 2 interviews, group exercise and presentation in the assessment centre. The interviews were fairly easy but the group exercise was challenging. I could have done better in the group exercise.