J.P. Morgan

Employer Engaged

J.P. Morgan Private Banking Interview Questions

3.2

Private Bank Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

I applied online via the company portal and my school recruiting website in December. I then had an on-campus and phone interview in late January. Heard back from the company a week later in which I was notified I would be moving on to a super day (and it would be two weeks after receiving the call). On super day I had 4 interviews; overall, the process was about 2.5 hours long. I was notified a week later that I received an offer to intern with the company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself.
    Talk to me about what is going on in the markets?
    How would you invest a clients assets?
    What do you think this position consists of?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Private Banking Interview

I interviewed for intern in Chicago office, the first round phone interview was more like background check. Make sure that you presented as a interesting in front of them. 3 to 4 people talked to me one by one and some of them asked about the company valuation and current market which were the most technical part of the interview.

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I had a first round interview for summer analyst. It was mostly fit questions, really nice people

Private Bank Interview

online applications and 3 rounds of interviews

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied online and got the phone interview in Oct, 2013.

Phone Interview-Superday

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

I applied through their website and got an email 3 months later asking if I was still interested in the position. The guy that emailed me wanted to have a little chat over the phone. He asked me some behavioral questions and some market questions (what stocks would I invest in, what was the price of oil of that day, etc).

Then I was invited for a super day. They flew me to NYC and I had 4 interviews back to back with a team of private bankers. Everyone was really nice. Some were analysts, others were bankers.

Bankers asked me mostly behavioral questions and the analysts were all about stock picking and investing. You need to be prepared to tell them where you would invest and why.

Some questions about shorting and longing were also asked.

Make sure you know WHY you want to work there and what makes JP Morgans Private Banking so special.

Private Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Super Saturday consisted of six interviews with about ten to twelve people, analyst up to managing directors. Most of the questions were fit with very few technical questions. At the end of the day it is whether they find a connection to you over the next interviewer and if were attended their school.

Private Banking Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

The interview was mainly based on behavioral questions to asses how previous experiences relate to the position. Further into the interview I was asked how much I new about global markets and what i had to consider to prepare a client portfolio. Other questions assessed my knowledge of the daily activities done as a private banker.

Private Banking Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

all interviews were either 2 on 1 or 3 on 1. interviewers all seemed pretty disinterested in everything you have to say to test your abilities under pressure.felt like they were hiring me based on who i know and what clients i can bring into their office