J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details I interviewed for intern in Chicago office, the first round phone interview was more like background check. Make sure that you presented as a interesting in front of them. 3 to 4 people talked to me one by one and some of them asked about the company valuation and current market which were the most technical part of the interview.

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details I had a first round interview for summer analyst. It was mostly fit questions, really nice people

Interview Question – What do you know about the market?   Answer Question

Private Bank Interview

Private Bank

Interview Details online applications and 3 rounds of interviews

Interview Question – How would you invest 100 billion?   Answer Question

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details I applied online and got the phone interview in Oct, 2013.

Interview Details Phone Interview-Superday

Interview Question – You must be very familiar with the market   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Interview Details I applied through their website and got an email 3 months later asking if I was still interested in the position. The guy that emailed me wanted to have a little chat over the phone. He asked me some behavioral questions and some market questions (what stocks would I invest in, what was the price of oil of that day, etc).

Then I was invited for a super day. They flew me to NYC and I had 4 interviews back to back with a team of private bankers. Everyone was really nice. Some were analysts, others were bankers.

Bankers asked me mostly behavioral questions and the analysts were all about stock picking and investing. You need to be prepared to tell them where you would invest and why.

Some questions about shorting and longing were also asked.

Make sure you know WHY you want to work there and what makes JP Morgans Private Banking so special.

Interview Question – What is shorting and when would you use it   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details Super Saturday consisted of six interviews with about ten to twelve people, analyst up to managing directors. Most of the questions were fit with very few technical questions. At the end of the day it is whether they find a connection to you over the next interviewer and if were attended their school.

Interview Question – What are your three biggest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Private Banking

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Interview Details The interview was mainly based on behavioral questions to asses how previous experiences relate to the position. Further into the interview I was asked how much I new about global markets and what i had to consider to prepare a client portfolio. Other questions assessed my knowledge of the daily activities done as a private banker.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about the global markets?   Answer Question

Private Banking

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

Interview Details all interviews were either 2 on 1 or 3 on 1. interviewers all seemed pretty disinterested in everything you have to say to test your abilities under pressure.felt like they were hiring me based on who i know and what clients i can bring into their office

Interview Question – resume   Answer Question

Private Banking

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2009.

Interview Details JPMorgan Chase posted the availability of a Private Banking Summer Analyst position on my university's career site. I applied and subsequently received an e-mail instructing me to sign up through the career site. The interview was brief. Two interviewers took turns asking questions. The questions were standard interview questions that drew basis from my resume. As I did not have substantial work or internship experience in the financial sector relative to my peers, I did not think I had a competitive advantage. I would advise other interview candidates applying to JPMorgan or any other Wall Street firm to spend time and effort to understand 1) the position and its responsibilities 2) the department and its related departments 3) the firm and its competitors.

Interview Question – Considering the current economic and financial recession, what would you advise JPMorgan Chase to do in the next five years in order to keep JPMorgan Chase on top?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!