J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details As an external candidate the process was somewhat long. Several telephone interviews were conducted with the recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager was coordinated after several weeks.

Interview Question – How do you create a project plan for a line of business you know nothing about.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Interview and hiring process quick and less than two weeks. There was phone interview and then group interview with the team face to face. The interview questions were mostly from my resume.

Pleasanton, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Interview Details Its for a 1 year contract PM position through a staffing firm. I had 3 phone interviews with a peer (PM), Program Dir, AD Director. There was no f2f interview since the need was urgent. They didnt give an answer until I really pushed my HR to get one. Then they offered the job.

Interview Question – None. Regular PM questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details via staffing firm, multiple rounds phone interview from US & HK

Interview Question – tell us about how you helped in process improvement   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – be clear with you salary requirements with the staffing firm

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details I had one interview that resulted in an offer; the process was extremely quick; no complaints about the interview process (in 2006)

Interview Question – Just typical, tell me about this role, questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

Elgin, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details The hiring process was very slow and little envolvement with HR since they were outsourced

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions with my interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation did not go that great, they would not budge

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward. I did need to come in a number of times to meet a number of different people, a total of 6 at varying levels and couple that I never worked with but who were asked to contribute feedback.

Interview Question – The questions were really simple. Given the number of people I met, I believe they were trying to determine whether I would be a good cultural fit rather than whether I could do the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of a nogotiation.

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Was offered interview after recruiter forwarded resume. Very informal, easy going - they really just wanted to get to know me and my skills. There were no formal or curveball questions. There were two interviewers that took turns in asking questions.

Interview Question – No difficult questions if you know the principles of project management well.   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Called by Recruiter to set up interview within a week of applying for position. Set up interview for two days later.
Interviewed with 2 people separately in 30 minute sessions. No technical questions at all; only situational and experiences.
Called the next day to set up follow-up interview. Booked it for the next day. Met with that person for about an hour. Again, no technical questions, just experiences and situational scenarios.
Called same day by recruiter to discuss salary. Called the next day with the offer, which I accepted.

I must say in all my years, this was the most professional interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Question – Nother really. Just the usual SAR (Situation Action Results) questions. BE PREPARED for those. If you aren't you're done for. Be ready to handle conflict resolution, motivation, difficult clients/co-workers/subordinates/etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty cut and dry. This is what the market bears so do you want the offer or don't you?

Jacksonville, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details The interview process was very fast and the decision was made promptly.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when a project you were managing was falling behind schedule, what steps did you take?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate, I was very satisfied with the offer.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!