J.P. Morgan Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated 24 Mar 2015

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone call and email mail follow-up. Had a series of followup face to face meeting with managers in the Project group. Finally interviewed with Senior manager. After initial questions. Was asked what was my availability. I was offered a position within a a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Consultant rate standard

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

There are many layers to the interviewing process used at this firm and takes weeks or months to move forward when trying to get into this company. Communications back to potential employees could definitely be improved.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here when you have so much experience, you could be anywhere but here?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

As an external candidate the process was somewhat long. Several telephone interviews were conducted with the recruiter and an interview with the hiring manager was coordinated after several weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you create a project plan for a line of business you know nothing about.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Interview and hiring process quick and less than two weeks. There was phone interview and then group interview with the team face to face. The interview questions were mostly from my resume.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

via staffing firm, multiple rounds phone interview from US & HK

Interview Questions

be clear with you salary requirements with the staffing firm

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I had one interview that resulted in an offer; the process was extremely quick; no complaints about the interview process (in 2006)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Its for a 1 year contract PM position through a staffing firm. I had 3 phone interviews with a peer (PM), Program Dir, AD Director. There was no f2f interview since the need was urgent. They didnt give an answer until I really pushed my HR to get one. Then they offered the job.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Elgin, IL (US)).

Interview

The hiring process was very slow and little envolvement with HR since they were outsourced

Interview Questions

• there were no difficult questions with my interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation did not go that great, they would not budge

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Was offered interview after recruiter forwarded resume. Very informal, easy going - they really just wanted to get to know me and my skills. There were no formal or curveball questions. There were two interviewers that took turns in asking questions.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions if you know the principles of project management well.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Called by Recruiter to set up interview within a week of applying for position. Set up interview for two days later.
    Interviewed with 2 people separately in 30 minute sessions. No technical questions at all; only situational and experiences.
    Called the next day to set up follow-up interview. Booked it for the next day. Met with that person for about an hour. Again, no technical questions, just experiences and situational scenarios.
    Called same day by recruiter to discuss salary. Called the next day with the offer, which I accepted.

I must say in all my years, this was the most professional interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Nother really. Just the usual SAR (Situation Action Results) questions. BE PREPARED for those. If you aren't you're done for. Be ready to handle conflict resolution, motivation, difficult clients/co-workers/subordinates/etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty cut and dry. This is what the market bears so do you want the offer or don't you?