J.P. Morgan Relationship Banker Interview Questions

Updated 25 Feb 2015
Updated 25 Feb 2015

2.9

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I was asked to come in to the branch to interview with the branch manager who was actually very nice and the head of the sales team who by the way was very rude. He started texting and using his phone while I was answering his questions. He even started yawning in front of me, which got me really upset.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

They ask you to sell something in the room. Ask you about a difficult time you had in the work force and how you dealt with it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Interview

Quick process. They just need to like you and you have to pass a basic skills test. I would allow yourself time to do well on it. Because you might be eliminated for not passing this exam

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Low ball offer and I accepted because desperate for a job.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 branch managers and 2 district managers. Month long process. There wasn't any communication after each interview so I was uncertain what was going on but finally when they wrapped it up they told me they had to figure out which branch was well suited for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotionable

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Interviewed by BM, DM, then MM

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They tell me max

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Interview with Branch manager and then interview with District manager. Typical questions, "name a time you went above and beyond for a customer"...etc.

Interview Questions

• When did you try to help someone, but weren't able to, and why were you not able to   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate and they made the lowest offer possible...they knew they could because I didn't have much on the job experience.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The process starts with an assessment which you should take seriously. It's not incredibly hard, but I have known several people to fail it because they just blew through it. after that, a recruiter contacts you to set up a phone interview... quite basic. Then you go in to meet with your direct supervisor and branch manager. Interview is a mix of corporate questions and more relational ones.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

the salaries are not very flexible so make sure you go in willing to be flexible on your number... otherwise don't apply

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied to numerous positions available in retail banking ( Personal and Relationship Banker). Successfully completed an online assessment required to be considered for these positions.Received an invitation and scheduled interviews at few branches ( three weeks time frame).
    The first interview was a major turn off, the branch manager presented herself as an item from a frozen food section, I felt like I was applying for a funeral director position.
    The second interview, the branch manager told me right after the interview that he wanted to interview me with the district manager that coming Friday. Never heard from him, after three weeks.Go figure.
    The third branch manager seemed amazing and extremely knowledgable, a person with whom you d wanna work your entire life. She said she d get back to me within three days. Never heard from her.

Received a job offer after a fifth interview.

It's sad that some BM lack professional ethics, it takes 60 seconds to write a feedback and telling you in the face that they ll call you this coming Friday is especially sad.

Interview Questions

Accepted offer from CITI bank. Great communication and level of professionalism during hiring process.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

External hiring will involve several different interviews before an offer is extended. First interviews will usually be with hiring manager and the next will be with the district manager or other managers offering same position. Interviews are not panel but can consist of both branch managers and assistant branch managers.

Interview Questions

• Will be asked about what your weaknesses and strengths are. This can be a tricky question.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Always ask about salary in first interview and ask for more than you expect. Most time people don't even ask about the salary until after the interviewing phase and then it could be lower than what they expect. Ask for more....

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

One video conference interview. One interview with the branch manager, another with the district manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't negotiate.