J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sayville, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Interview Details "Round Robin" was interviewed by 3 different upper managers then sent to speak with Branch Manager

Interview Question – roll playing an example of a "what if" senerio   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details They ask you to sell something in the room. Ask you about a difficult time you had in the work force and how you dealt with it.

Interview Question – Sell this pen   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Interview Details One video conference interview. One interview with the branch manager, another with the district manager.

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate.

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details submitted the assessment , received a call , 3 branch managers interviewed me then met with the district mgr , call for welcome aboard ,

Interview Question – How to deal with unhappy customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Interviewed by BM, DM, then MM

Interview Question – Role play   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tell me max

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details Interview was with 4 people. 3 branch managers and then finally the District Manager. All 3 BM's were different and varied with difficulty. Straight forward interview, mostly behaviors in certain situations. DM interview was very easy. Received a call the next day with an offer. Negotiate the offer if you already have securities licenses.

Interview Question – Sell me something. I sold a stock that I hae pitched previously.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have licenses you can negotiate. If not, they you probably don't havr much leeway.

Relationship BANKER Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Interview with Branch manager and then interview with District manager. Typical questions, "name a time you went above and beyond for a customer"...etc.

Interview Question – When did you try to help someone, but weren't able to, and why were you not able to   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate and they made the lowest offer possible...they knew they could because I didn't have much on the job experience.

Relationship Banker Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details The process starts with an assessment which you should take seriously. It's not incredibly hard, but I have known several people to fail it because they just blew through it. after that, a recruiter contacts you to set up a phone interview... quite basic. Then you go in to meet with your direct supervisor and branch manager. Interview is a mix of corporate questions and more relational ones.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the salaries are not very flexible so make sure you go in willing to be flexible on your number... otherwise don't apply

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Applied to numerous positions available in retail banking ( Personal and Relationship Banker). Successfully completed an online assessment required to be considered for these positions.Received an invitation and scheduled interviews at few branches ( three weeks time frame).
The first interview was a major turn off, the branch manager presented herself as an item from a frozen food section, I felt like I was applying for a funeral director position.
The second interview, the branch manager told me right after the interview that he wanted to interview me with the district manager that coming Friday. Never heard from him, after three weeks.Go figure.
The third branch manager seemed amazing and extremely knowledgable, a person with whom you d wanna work your entire life. She said she d get back to me within three days. Never heard from her.

Received a job offer after a fifth interview.

It's sad that some BM lack professional ethics, it takes 60 seconds to write a feedback and telling you in the face that they ll call you this coming Friday is especially sad.

Interview Question – None, simple stuff.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted offer from CITI bank. Great communication and level of professionalism during hiring process.

Austin, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details External hiring will involve several different interviews before an offer is extended. First interviews will usually be with hiring manager and the next will be with the district manager or other managers offering same position. Interviews are not panel but can consist of both branch managers and assistant branch managers.

Interview Question – Will be asked about what your weaknesses and strengths are. This can be a tricky question.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Always ask about salary in first interview and ask for more than you expect. Most time people don't even ask about the salary until after the interviewing phase and then it could be lower than what they expect. Ask for more....

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Relationship Banker interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.