J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
56 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview Details The process was simple. They just asked questions on our projects. They asked questions mainly on object oriented Software engineering concepts.

Interview Question – No questions were unexpected. Just one point I would like to mention that HR interview was a stress interview.   Answer Question

Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details 1. Aptitute test of 4 sections- verbal, quants, logical, C++ programming(sectional cut off)
2. GD- Our topic was Advertising useful or wastage of resources
3. PI (HR+ Technical)

Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details Campus Process-
Aptitude (Simple questions)
Group Discussions
Interviews (Had only one round of HR)

Interview Question – everything was general HR type   Answer Question

Mumbai

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Interview Details they came to our college campus , with a package of 6.00 lac the interview was as follows

1. analytical and programming ability(80 question and 80 minutes)
2. GD(no elimination)
3. Technical Interview ( easy question on your fav subject)
4.HR

It was a nice experience , do well for the analytical section its includes ration , p and l,time and distance etc.

Interview Questions

Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details After filling in the online application I heard back after a month and a half for the first round interviews consisting of technical and competency interviews each of 45 minutes. The competency based interview was about the reasons for applying to JP Morgan and knowing about the leadership and team work skills. The technical interview comprised of the projects I had undertaken in my professional studies and the details I had mentioned in my CV.

Interview Question – How will you test a mobile?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details Initially received contact that I would be having 2 1 on 1 interviews in person but a few days prior to the scheduled date, the interview was changed to phone interviews with a couple of VP's in the technology department. The first was more technical and relatively challenging (this was one of my first interviews) and after going over my resume and some career aspirations, my interviewer asked me to help him determine the a system for creating recommendations for customers based on their past credit card transactions. The second interview was much more behavioral, and it eventually transformed into an interesting discussion on some of the differences between Java and Python. My advice be prepared, but more importantly be confident, and if you need help don't be afraid to ask for it.

Interview Question – Tell me a joke...   View Answer

Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview Details Pretty much straightforward. 2x45 minutes interviews. First interview was technical and second one was competency-based. For technical questions, they asked about stuff that interests me and how JPM can benefit from that. In second interview different scenarios were presented and I was asked to deal with those situations. For instance, somebody comes with a proposal for which you would have to make compromises, what would you do?

Interview Question – Something along the lines of what kind of financial challenges would JPM face, if they were to develop a certain technology.   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details Application online and super day at their office. Two 30-min long interviews. One more technical and the other more behavioral.

Interview Question – How do you solve a problem that you've never encountered without Google.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details Fast forwarded to an assessment centre, which included a technical, and a competency-based interview, as well as a group task. The process was very smooth, and interviewers quite pleasant themselves. However, everything felt completely robotic, impersonal, and one-sided. The interviewers were not allowed to as much as rephrase the questions they were basically reading off a script. Similarly, the group task featured no external involvement whatsoever, and felt like being watched in a zoo.

Interview Question – No real technical questions, just soft stuff, talking about previous experience, etc.   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details Applied online. You have to finish an online attitude test first, pretty much the same with tests in other investment banking companies. The phone interview came around one week later. Questions include self introduction, why this company, expected challenge at work, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!