JELD-WEN

Updated 27 Sep 2014
Updated 27 Sep 2014

2.2

Product Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at JELD-WEN.

Had the first interview with a recruiter. After about a week had a phone interview with the engineering director. After a month I was flown in for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was about 5 hours with directors and engineers at the Klamath Falls facility. The interview ended with lunch with the engineering team that I would be placed on. The company called me over a month later and told me I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of the most difficult engineering project you were a part of.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Went through the internship program. They interviewed after and then received the job offer. Training after was week long with the boss and then you are on your own. It was not difficult getting the job and I would describe the process as being easy.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, just asked about past experience.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JELD-WEN in April 2014.

No structure in questioning, responsibilies were never clear once hired. Interview and company appears inpressive on first impression, new hires given little direction, company like to drug test, and random drug test.

Poor, company is rebounding from home-building industry downturn, could not meet the area's industry match. Negotiated 2,000 more annually.

1 interview and offered position

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to make a difficult decision that your co-workers did not agree with   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at JELD-WEN.

1. Interview by recruiter via manpower (Jeld-Wen's contracted recruiting partner) 2. Personality test online 3. Interview by supervisor on-site at Jeld-Wen

The interview by the supervisor was poorly executed. The agreed upon call time was missed two times in a row by the supervisor. Once on the phone and interviewing it felt like I was being interviewed for a similarly titled job with a much different description than the position I had applied for. The process felt unorganized and wasteful of an applicants time.

Interview Questions
    • Specific technical questions about how to fix and IT problem without any insight to their systems or structure.   Answer Question

Special Order Door Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chiloquin, OR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chiloquin, OR (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at JELD-WEN.

There wasn't much of an interview, they don't hire internally they hire through a temp to hire company. They mainly hire people at a bottom level and weed people on the production lines. If you can pee in a cup and stack doors you'll probably get hired on full time.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't a lot of questions when I get called in. When I did get hired on full time though they do make you do a personality test and a basic fractions and math test.   Answer Question
    There was none since it was through a temp agency.

Regional Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Must have experience in the millwork industry.

Manager Interview

people in the plant are often over looked

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JELD-WEN.

Three step process of skills test, personality and integrity test and in person interview

Interview Questions
    • The integrity test surprised me it's hard to imagine that could give you an accurate look at how much integrity a person has.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JELD-WEN.

Personal Interview with Regional Manager after a "qualifying" phone call from a recruiter

Interview Questions
    Absolutely no wiggle room on negotiation of Salary. Moving allowance can be negotiated a bit.