JR Simplot Interview Questions

Updated 8 Apr 2015

2.6

Energy Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

It was a phone interview. Both HR and technical interview together. 4-5 people took the interview, some technical persons and 1 HR. Interview duration was 30-40 min. No unexpected questions. All of them were quite helpful.

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe any situation where you made a difference
      2) Describe any situation where you resolved a conflict

Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JR Simplot in March 2015.

Interview

I went through the online application and then received a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was set up for a couple days later and took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What are your short term goals? 3-5 years
      Why are you the best person for the job?
      Lowest acceptable wage?
      Describe your ideal workplace?
      Do you like work individually or in a team?
      Describe a difficult situation in the workplace and how you overcame it?

Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Initial call from HR followed by a face to face. All that was asked were situational questions in your past. Over the course of a 20 year career it's hard to answer so many of that type of question in a real substantive way. I came prepared for those questions but not for the entire interview. It was a panel interview of 4 people and all they gave were first names not titles. It lasted about 40 mins

Interview Questions

• How did you improve a process. Walk us through the whole process   Answer Question

Environmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Just a phone interview with HR. Lasted about 30 minutes. Typical questions, tell us about yourself, why are you interested in the job, etc. Give example of a time when...etc

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at JR Simplot (Boise, ID (US)).

Interview

Process is fairly straight forward. You apply online, wait for a recruiter to get back to you. If they like you, you'll get aphone interview, if you pass that, you'll interview with a panel of people including a recruiter for the company, and 2 or 3 managers/ supervisors. They get back to you fairly quickly if you got the job (within a week or so).

Interview Questions

• They ask lots of behavioral type of questions. So be ready.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caldwell, ID (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at JR Simplot (Caldwell, ID (US)) in July 2013.

Interview

i had to apply on line and wait to hear from the company for a couple of weeks. then i went in for a math test and written test that were on line. after that, i had to do this troubleshooting test on a crank machine. it took a long time, maybe an hour. then i had an interview with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• talk about a time when you didn't get along with others   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Othello, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at JR Simplot (Othello, WA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I networked before the interview to find out more about the position and how strong of a candidate I might be for this position. One thing led to another and I was put in touch with the corporate Marketing Director. He was very helpful and encouraging and continued to encourage me for other positions even after I was not chosen for this position. I have been very impressed with many of our company's executives. As it turned out, I did not have the experience the hiring manager was looking for when I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were focused on my marketing experience, of which I have little.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at JR Simplot.

Interview

Interview process was quite simple as I already knew many of the people within the group from past employer activities with the company. My extensive experience in product management / development was an obvious fit for the position the company was trying to fill. Pay scale was already established and was reasonable so there was not a lot of negotiation on salary necessary..

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected but again, the position that I was seeking was one that I already had many years of experience and I was already strongly familiar with the product line that the product management position was responsible for managing.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at JR Simplot in August 2012.

Interview

I received a voicemail on a Friday from JRS stating my resume had been received and that the HR person would like just a couple minutes of my time to clarify a few things. When I called back, the "clarification" was a round of 10 questions. Some of which were:

1. What's your best strength?
    2. What's your weakness?
    3. What's your goal(s) for the future?
    4. What type of management style do you prefer?
    5. What would your current employer say about you as your top assets?
    6. Why are you leaving?
    7. What's your wage requirements?

The pay range for this job was $12-$15 although I got the impression it would be difficult to get $14 or $15. However, parking is free downtown and the HR person mentioned a benefits package.

I was told if I was selected for a further interview, they would call, and she emphasized this...it was a little off putting, but other than that the interview was handled professionally and the person was courteous. However, I'm not expecting a call back because my wage requirements were a bit higher, so I will likely be unable to review the process further.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at JR Simplot in May 2011.

Interview

Group panel for about 1 hour. Basic behavioral and skills questions. Standard H.R. questions are given because like most posted positions, they already have a candidate in mind. You have to apply to show you are interested in growth, but you won't get the job. Positions are protected for personal interests of upper management so middle management is not very capable or talented.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • Discuss a situation when..... How would you handle....   Answer Question