Jack in the Box Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview

Very easy questions. Mainly about your availability and why you want to work there. I was hired over the phone. Just make sure you take your time on the assessment and have a good smile in person with a friendly personality.

Team Member Interview

Interview

Im bilingual i can speak or write both English and Spanish also . Great at customer service. Know cash handaling or how to operate any computer. Always punctual. Always with a positive attitude ready to work individual or with members . I have many work experience feeding the homeless people, preparing food, cleaning or brooming dirty areas, and also serving. Im also in a program called roc im a intern at kern federal school i shadow tellers, get to help members, do transactions, handle large amount of cash, work for drive thru, use coin machine, printer machine, or pick up calls. Been having perfect attendance since the beginning of school. I take thing's seriously, stay committed to work, and always ready to work. Always responsible for things also opened minded ready to help the company improve to better limits.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Being postive as a group always gives a better out go to thing's making it easy to decide.

Cashier/Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jack in the Box.

Interview

The process was easy and was not difficult. It was basic information and they did not tell me that I was hired they just started to give me a tour of Jack.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jack in the Box (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I just did the mini application online and the next day I received a call and did a 3 question interview and was hired. I was then prompted to fill out all my hiring package. Very easy! The mini app was maybe 10 questions and I had to read two different agreements and OK them

Interview Questions

• Have I worked in a fast pace environment   1 Answer

Fry Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jack in the Box (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

After my first interview I went to earth city for orientation then proceeded with the second interview and I was hired. My first day on the clock I did something called "OJT", which stands for "On Job Training". OJT consists of videos pertaining to the basic rules and regulations. After about two days I was doing "hands on" training and I actually got to act out the procedures that were shown in the video.

Interview Questions

• Do I have reliable transportation?   1 Answer
    • Do I have a problem with smiling?   1 Answer
    • Can I work nights?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jack in the Box (Oakland, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Too long of a process.
    Week 1: Confusing HR status saying I wasn't chosen for the job.
    Week 2: I get an email for interest on the position, and I head over to check it out. Negotiated 34k annual salary.
    Week 3: Sent for training, Also notified They could not pay that high, even though it was agreed upon.
    Week 4: Called out for "background check" discrepancies.

Interview Questions

• Why should you move from team leader to Assistant Manager?   Answer Question

Cashier/Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Jack in the Box (Citrus Heights, CA (US)).

Interview

I filled out an application in person. Gave the application to the shift leader that was there at the time. I was contacted 3 days later for a face-to-face interview with the General Manager. The interview went pretty well. The questions were easy. They were just about experience, customer service skills, and attitude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Paid minimum wage, and there was promotion potential.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, NM (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Jack in the Box (San Francisco, NM (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied, as a 19 year old, overqualified employee via their Job Network. Their process took maybe.. A week? I met with the District Manager to interview and view my entry of the position. After several questions, an offer, All I needed was a background check, which took.. Two weeks? After that I was on the get-go for training and management.

Negotiation

Gave an offer, they accepted

Team Member Interview

Interview

Really didn't have an interview I went in yesterday & spoke to the manager and he called me back the next day and when I went back he basically was telling me what i was gonna do & stuff & told me to go back tomorrow to start my orientation.

Intern Interview

Interview

First received phone interview with general qualification questions. Then in person interview with HR with behavioral questions, which are basic and simple. Then interview with management with technical questions and experience.