Jackson Hewitt Tax Preparer Interview Questions & Reviews

20 interviews

1.5

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincolnton, NC (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnton, NC (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

The process was easy. I had to fill out a paper application, then took the tax class and passed the required course and the IRS required testing. I received useful help with any questions that I had during the classes and the office was open for me to be able to use the internet.

There was none.

Other Interview Reviews for Jackson Hewitt

Tax Preparer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Spoke to the owner in person, he gave me the job right away. I was full time. Now the new GM will require you to take classes before employment. I am not sure if you have to pay for it or not.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think of the new guy? The owner asked me this and I could not reply honestly.   View Answer
    He won't negotiate. The owner and old GM were fair and pleasant to work with. I am not sure if I will come back next year unless management changes. I thought my work contributed to the long term of the company, not anymore.

Tax Preparer Interview

behavior questions and prior intern experience

Interview Questions
    • Do you have experience when you cannot solve the problem by yourself?   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

Normal interview questions, nothing specific that was difficult. most one them were pretty straightforwar

Tax Preparer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2013.

The process was simple and everyone was very nice. I love the 'feel' of the company.

Interview Questions
    • I asked most of the questions and the interviewer asked easy questions.   Answer Question
    There was not a negotiation phase and I was still unclear on pay. Just assumed it was competive

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington Court House, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington Court House, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in December 2012.

If you call about their free tax course, and you attend and complete it... you will be offered a seasonal position.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation and the pay is terrible. You do not find out how little money you will be making until you have completed many hours of classroom training uncompensated.

Tax Preparer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

It wasn't challenging at all. The hiring manager was quite funny to be honesty and looked nervous.

None

Tax Preparer Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in October 2012.

I went to a Jackson Hewitt office asked how to get job, the Regional Manager had me take a test, I needed to brush up on a few areas so, she scheduled me for the classes they offer right away. The office was clean, but the lady was under dressed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected, everything asked was easy to answer and it went quickly and easily.   Answer Question
    I interviewed in October and I took classes for 2 months, passed tests, did modules, attended orientation, signed paperwork for 9 an hour at the end of November, started work January of the next year.

Tax Preparer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt.

The interview process is fairly simple, they ask you a bunch of simple questions, mostly about your education and prior work experience. Nothing unexpected or crazy, just simple easy questions. The interview process isn't very selective and no one should have a hard time moving past it. The annoying part of the process is the studying and training that is required before you can begin working. You have to take a minimum of 15 hours worth of online tax school courses and then pass a test before you are allowed to work there.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing asked was difficult in the least bit.   View Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Jackson Hewitt in November 2012.

I called them one day to see if they were hiring. They said they offer a free class. I started going. Filled out all paperwork while training. Training was about 5 hours a week for a month. They have online homework and assessments all tax preparers must pass. Once i passed the tests they did 2-3 days of some instore training where we got to watch taxes being done. After that they set you up in the system and throw you in a nearby office. From their is it sink or swim. Ask as many questions as you can and if any problems arise your supervisor is just a phone call away.

Interview Questions
    • Learning the whole puzzle was a little frustrating but easy. Just general things like how to print or how to get the scanner to work. how to look up customers, why wont this return pull up, oh you have to run a file transfer. ect ect. easy little stuff that you learn throughout the job.   Answer Question

Worked for Jackson Hewitt? Contribute to the Community!