Jacobs

Updated 28 Feb 2015
Updated 28 Feb 2015

2.6

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Jacobs.

The Whole process Started with an aptitude test followed by a technical test. After elimination based on these scores, the second stage, Group discussion was held. Some more people were removed and he short listed were taken for Personal interview. There were 4 interview taking places simultaneously by 4 different people. Some had very difficult technical questions but were selected, whereas others had easier questions and not necessarily selected.

Interview Questions
    • Everything on your C.V. was asked in detail. Also your technical strength on subjects like TOM, SOM, Design were tested.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

One technical test and one-on-one interview

Trainee Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andheri

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jacobs in September 2012.

Step 1. Written Technical test (basics of chemical engineering). It contains unit conversion,heat and mass balance,pumps, Utilities such as steam, etc.
    Step 2. face to face interview (approx. 30 minutes) It is better to say what you know than to be embarrassed with wrong answer.

Interview Questions
    Accept what they give, it is best in the city.

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jacobs in July 2012.

Had one on one interview, Very basic questions , about undergraduate project and rest were general stuffs

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in January 2011.

Very Friendly but Detailed Interview Process

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to Quit your current organisation in just one year?   Answer Question
    I could not negotiate as my previous Compensation Package was already a bit on the higher side.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in January 2011.

Very good. Had been a telecon with HOD and Head of office.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andheri

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs in August 2008.

Technical details such as sld's, protection philosophies relay numbers, motor schematics,

Interview Questions
    no negotiation the package offered was good for me at that point of time

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in February 2008.

With single well planned interview by the group of interviewers and attained the practical test interview. For interview candidates "you should be very skilled you can go as long as in interview but dont say faque on the topic which you dont know."

Interview Questions
    • the End reactions of beams for different end cases   View Answer
    • connection details for beams columns and bracings   View Answer

Process Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

I applied around Feb and interviewed in March. They took three weeks to respond with an offer. The interview was 6 hours long. The HR department was in contact within 3 weeks to inform me it would be another 2 weeks. They called 1 week later and made an offer. There was no negotiation

There was no negotiation

Senior Structural Engineer - Oakland Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs.

Interview was arranged via an ad on the SEAONC job board. In person interview was over two hours long. The interviewers never asked me any question about my total engineering background. They believe that the projects you worked on 14 years ago make you the engineer you are today. I had other more relevant projects that benefitted the organization than those fro 14 years ago. No technical questions were asked to test the applicants. I felt humilted because they personally attacked me over my work history. The office said they had lots of people working there yet the cubicles were not even furnished.

Interview Questions
    • There were NO unexpected questions. There were difficult questions that were more like personal attacks.   Answer Question