Jacobs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Trainee Process Engineer Interview

Trainee Process Engineer
Andheri

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Jacobs in September 2012.

Interview Details Step 1. Written Technical test (basics of chemical engineering). It contains unit conversion,heat and mass balance,pumps, Utilities such as steam, etc.
Step 2. face to face interview (approx. 30 minutes) It is better to say what you know than to be embarrassed with wrong answer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join this company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accept what they give, it is best in the city.

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs in January 2011.

Interview Details Very Friendly but Detailed Interview Process

Interview Question – Why do you want to Quit your current organisation in just one year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I could not negotiate as my previous Compensation Package was already a bit on the higher side.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details One technical test and one-on-one interview

Trainee Engineer Interview

Trainee Engineer
Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jacobs in July 2012.

Interview Details Had one on one interview, Very basic questions , about undergraduate project and rest were general stuffs

Interview Question – About the future plans   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Andheri

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Jacobs in August 2008.

Interview Details Technical details such as sld's, protection philosophies relay numbers, motor schematics,

Interview Question – SLD of a thermal power plant   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation the package offered was good for me at that point of time

Designer Interview

Designer
Vadodara

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Jacobs in February 2008.

Interview Details With single well planned interview by the group of interviewers and attained the practical test interview. For interview candidates "you should be very skilled you can go as long as in interview but dont say faque on the topic which you dont know."

Interview Questions

• the End reactions of beams for different end cases   View Answer
  • connection details for beams columns and bracings   View Answer

Planner Interview

Planner
New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs in January 2011.

Interview Details Very good. Had been a telecon with HOD and Head of office.

Interview Question – Hours taken to prepare a A3 drawing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Jacobs.

Interview Details I had a phone interview and then onsite interview with key personnel to talk about industry background and how my experiences would fit to the consultancy work done. The process was intriguing based on the conceptual work, and the components of advisory work the office is looking for.. technical + soft peoples skill analyzing on a macro level

Interview Question – growth expectations in a flat organization   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pegged against current compensation + 30% raise

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator

Interviewed at Jacobs

Interview Details I was first contacted and set up a telephonic interview. The interview was successful. They called back after they recieved funding. I then did another telephonic interview. I had to send in my resume and apply again. The overall process was long, but was fairly easy. They only had parttime so I declined.

Interview Question – One animal that describes you and why?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered only parttime.

Field Tech Interview

Field Tech

Interviewed at Jacobs

Interview Details Questions by three people and answers were given. Job is one I am over qualified and they didn't deny that, but did not reward either. They all took time to ask questions one by one until they were done. all were outgoing and it was a fun interview, we spoke of me and them as well as the job here and there.

Negotiation Details – I tried and they were hard headed

Worked for Jacobs? Contribute to the Community!