Jacobs

Updated 12 Dec 2014

2.6

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

One technical test and one-on-one interview

Trainee Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andheri

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Jacobs in September 2012.

Step 1. Written Technical test (basics of chemical engineering). It contains unit conversion,heat and mass balance,pumps, Utilities such as steam, etc.
    Step 2. face to face interview (approx. 30 minutes) It is better to say what you know than to be embarrassed with wrong answer.

Interview Questions
    Accept what they give, it is best in the city.

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Jacobs in July 2012.

Had one on one interview, Very basic questions , about undergraduate project and rest were general stuffs

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in January 2011.

Very Friendly but Detailed Interview Process

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to Quit your current organisation in just one year?   Answer Question
    I could not negotiate as my previous Compensation Package was already a bit on the higher side.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Jacobs in January 2011.

Very good. Had been a telecon with HOD and Head of office.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andheri

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs in August 2008.

Technical details such as sld's, protection philosophies relay numbers, motor schematics,

Interview Questions
    no negotiation the package offered was good for me at that point of time

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vadodara

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Jacobs in February 2008.

With single well planned interview by the group of interviewers and attained the practical test interview. For interview candidates "you should be very skilled you can go as long as in interview but dont say faque on the topic which you dont know."

Interview Questions
    • the End reactions of beams for different end cases   View Answer
    • connection details for beams columns and bracings   View Answer

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Jacobs in December 2014.

1st: I applied on their career website.
    2nd: I received a phone call asking if I am available for a face-to-face interview.
    3rd: Interview day. There were 5 candidates and first we had a presentation about the company given by a member of Jacobs. Then there was a group exercise where we had to discuss about the challenges for civil engineers in the future. Last stage was a face-to-face interview lasting 1 hour. The interviewer asked me some competency based questions and a technical question at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question - They showed me a highway section drawing and asked me to describe all documents are necessary in the design process.   Answer Question

HRBP Interview

Was contacted for an interview by a recruiter. They sent up an in-person "screen" with the Hiring Manager. They were flexible with the time. Turned into a 2 hour interview. Never heard back from them again despite numerous attempted follow-ups with them.

Project Engineer V Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Jacobs.

Phone interview that lasted all of 5 min to setup site interview. Within one week of interview I was presented an offer. Not much to really say more about it, it was very easy which goes to show that Jacobs is somewhat of a body shop like S&B

Interview Questions
    negotiated extra week off of vacation and was agreed