Jagex

Very Difficult Interview

Mod MMG Interview

Mod MMG
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Jagex in January 2010.

Interview Details was slow, boring, interveiwer asked many irrelevant questions. the whole process took a total of sixty seven days and my salary i started with was remarkably low. I would not recommend this job to a friend, worst choice I've ever made!

Interview Question – what do you think about dogs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i asked for $40k annually and got it

Senior Tools Programmer Interview

Senior Tools Programmer
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Jagex in November 2010.

Interview Details I was offered the job with no interview. It's who you know :)

Negotiation Details – there was none

Very Difficult Interview

Localisation Manager Interview

Localisation Manager
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jagex in October 2012.

Interview Details A recruiter sent me the job posting. I sent back my CV. We arranged a telephone interview. Weeks (2) later Jagex sent the files to be translated as part of the recruitment process.

Interview Question – Some of the sentences have different meanings in different countries, even if it is the same language   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Customer Support
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I interviewed at Jagex in January 2008.

Interview Details A long wait followed by a phone interview then wait around 3 months for an interview which is a 2 day test.

This is where you use the software and show your skills to the employers on the first day- then on the second day team events and formal interview

Interview Question – If you're to be a Runescape monster, which and why?   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jagex.

Interview Details Initial communication was a phone interview and an online assessment. This was followed by an assessment day where I worked on an example problem.

Interview Question – There was nothing really difficult or awkward about the process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Runescape Content Developer Interview

Runescape Content Developer
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Jagex in August 2012.

Interview Details The pre-interview is handled entirely by Jagex's HR department through emails. The first step is submit your CV and if it passes a review you are asked to complete a timed, online test covering subjects such as pseudocode, game design and general attitude. Those who pass this test are invited to a full day trial at Jagex's Cambridge office. The trial is divided into 2 parts - a coding section and a design section, with interviews thrown in at various points along the course of the day.

Interview Question – Most questions are standard interview questions probing the applicants strengths and weaknesses, nothing really tricky.   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Animator
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Jagex.

Interview Details A long wait followed by a somewhat unusual psudo-phone interview.
A couple of months later after hearing nothing...
Interview over 2 day practical test, using proprietary in-house software (this software has since been dropped for new projects). Several other applicants did not return after lunch of the first day or on the second morning due to the weirdness of the software.
Interview its self was fairly standard - nothing hugely unexpected.

The HR side of this was very sloppy, and the internal recruiter did not inspire confidence. Generally a poor experience.

Interview Question – Alot of questions about what I thought of the company, after working their for a few weeks the reasons for these became clear (see the reviews of this employer).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation over pay appears non-existent for development roles but stick to your guns, they have deep pockets and if they want you they will pay out.
It is much easier to get money at this point than later on.

Player Support Representative Interview

Player Support Representative
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Jagex in September 2010.

Interview Details Childs play really... build a bridge - show that you can work in a team/leader, talk rubbish which is relevant to their interests and show your passion for the company like it's the only thing in the world.

Interview Question – Building a bridge with only tape and paper.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Starting salary with an email.... Non-existent.

Jagex Player Support Interview

Jagex Player Support
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Jagex in January 2011.

Interview Details Not very professional, interviewers often forget this is a workplace and ask personal or irrelevant questions.

Interview Question – A number of personal questions may be asked   View Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Jagex in January 2011.

Interview Details Apply directly. Most posts are not advertised with agencies.
1 - 2 interviews, normally around half a day and include interviews, office tour and generally an exercise to demonstrate your ability to do the job you are applying for.

Offer or contact are normally made within a week of interviews.

Interview Question – Do you think your personality is the right fit for this company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple

Worked for Jagex? Contribute to the Community!