John Deere Intern Interview Questions

Updated 11 Oct 2014

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere in April 2013.

Aptitude + Technical Test
Technical Interview
HR Interview

Interview Questions
  • How would you refuse any new assignment if you are already overloaded with many of them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for John Deere

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere.

The interviews mostly consist of behavioral questions, the interviewers are very professional and nice. They subscribe to the STARR method. Most questions are geared towards your thought process, team work, and how you approach a problem.

Intern Interview

I talked to someone at our University's Career Fair, and two days later I received a call asking me to come to an interview time. The interview was all Behavioral-based so nothing unexpected.

Intern Interview

On campus interview the day after the career fair. Then I recieved a 2nd round at HQ 2 weeks later, The following week I had an offer, which I declined.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at John Deere.

I met them at career fair and got an initial interview, went to their headquarters for the next round but was not selected

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in November 2013.

I was interviewed off site at a career fair. The questions were situation-based so they mostly started with "Tell me about a time when..." After the first round of interviews, you are contacted for the second round which involves you being flown to the John Deere headquarters in Moline, IL. You then go through 2 interviews in 4 hours where your previous interview and transcript are reviewed. Then you are asked more situation based questions, sometimes the same ones as you were asked in the first round.

Interview Questions
    • The question was "Tell me about at your biggest defeat and how you overcame it."   Answer Question
    There was none. They tell you what the offer is and you can either accept or decline

Intern Interview

All behavioral based questions that incorporate the STAR Method.Make sure you know your resume from top to bottom because they will try to incorporate each question into one of your prior experiences or campus involvements. Also, make sure to have questions prepared for the interviewer. This shows interest in the company and also shows that you did your research.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to earn someone's trust? Based on prior experience
      Favorite class in school?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, IA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere in October 2013.

Talked to the recruiters at my school's career fair. They look at your resume and immediately decide if they will invite you back for an on-campus interview the next day. You sign up for a time slot and prepare for your interview. The interview is pretty relaxed and totally behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time you worked in a group project and overcame a conflict, tell me about a time you were faced with an ethical decision, etc.). The interviewers (two of them at once) were very nice and helpful. If that interview goes well, you will be flown out to the headquarters in Moline, IL for a final interview. There you have two interviews, each with one person from your field, which are essentially the same type of questions from the first inverview. They will typically respond in a few weeks after your last interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time that you made a decision in a group that you knew others would not be happy/agree with. Why did you do it and was it the right decision?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate - just accepted the offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moline, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at John Deere.

I approached Deere at a Job Expo and they were very easy to talk to, and would ask general questions about what they initially saw on my resume. After that they chose to stay the day after which was "interview day" where all of the companies had to option to hold interviews or not. This round was a pretty normal interview. I sat down with to Deere reps that were not from HR, but from the field I am specializing in. After passing that interview, they fly you out to their corporate office, all expenses paid, and they show you around the coporate office. Before this happens though, you have two different one on one interview sessions that aren't much more difficult than the first one. Excellent recruiting tactics and I discovered that they are not hiding anything during the process. The company is very welcoming and truly do care about thier employees

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you worked as part of a team and someone was not contributing and the steps you took to fix this problem   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere.

The interview process was very friendly yet applied. They use a STAR method which many people should be familiar with and ask insightful questions. Like most companies they have round of interviews and are easy to talk to. Some questions were challenging to answer but they are very understanding if you are honest.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where someone was not accomplishing their task and how you went about solving the issue.   Answer Question