John Deere

John Deere Interview Questions

Updated 25 Nov 2014
Updated 25 Nov 2014

Territory Manager Interview

A telephonic rund of interview to understand your current role and nature of your job
    Followed by face to face interview to assess job fit and suitability to organisation
    Finally HR interview to discuss remunerations, location and reporting structure

Interview Questions
    • To assess job fit, lot of questions will be twisted to understand one thing - Ethics
      John Deere belives in ethical practices

Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at John Deere in March 2014.

I applied through college and the process took 2 days - interviewed at John Deere in March 2014
    question were based on the projects and academic performance, Behavioral questions.
    The interview process was in the following manner
    1. Aptitude exam ( Technical and Non Technical)
    2.Technical Interview
    3.HR Interview

Interview Questions
    No negotitaion happened as salary was fixed

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere in July 2013.

1. Aptitude exam (Both non technical and Technical) 50% cutoff
    2.Technical Interview
    3.HR Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at John Deere in April 2013.

Aptitude + Technical Test
    Technical Interview
    HR Interview

Interview Questions
    • How would you refuse any new assignment if you are already overloaded with many of them?   Answer Question

Sale Promotion Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raipur, Chhattisgarh
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raipur, Chhattisgarh

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in August 2012.

I received this call with the reference of my friend, as told me that it's an off role position. the interview held two time telephonic than once face to face. I also mailed my resume before that, it all took 3 weeks to join this company, I planned & studied technical aspect of the job.

Interview Questions
    • how would you search new dealer.   View Answer
    • why did you quit on roll position of last company.   View Answer
    I would not suggest any one to join on contract basis...but if it is so then prepare technical and last experience will work out, a good company to start work here for freshers.

Associate Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in June 2012.

Had an initial telephonic interview that lasted for close to 45 minutes. Was called in for a face to face and had two interview rounds - HR first and technical later. All the interviewers were very positive and keen to understand my abilities and driving factors.

Questions were generally on why and how of technology. There was a specific question on how you'd handle multi-gigs of data generated every day. Agile practices, TDD and other stuff on my resume was asked about.

On completion, the lead recruiter even took me around the floor and we met some folks and got to see some of their tools in use at sites.

The whole process was very positive, people were very helping, trying to see the best in you. Overall, it leaves you definitely wanting to join.

Interview Questions

Had personal reasons to decline. The experience was so good, that I felt a part of company.

Cost Management Specialist, Senior Engineer-I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at John Deere in May 2012.

HR person call you and fix a telephonic interview date, then Hiring manager calls u and telephonic round is completed with basic current roles & responsibilities & background info. If you happen to clear telephonic then you are called for face to face interview. Generally an India manager accompany you in a virtual conferencing (Video Call) to join with US manager and then interview progressed. Due to US culture, interview is not much tensed, it`s very light. Not so technical but more logical. If you clear that then HR comes in to picture for salary finalization & if that goes well, you will be hired.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most complex analysis you have done in your career?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation, I asked 30% salary hike on my current CTC they paid me that. ( May be my current salary was less so 30% hike was reasonable for them to pay)

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at John Deere in September 2011.

Behavioral aspects, more technical & commonsense.

Interview Questions
    Facts & comparison, be straight & simple.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

interviewed at John Deere in August 2011.

Specific and very job oriented. No superficial question. Clearly defined expectations from the job

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at John Deere in July 2011.

I got placed by campus interview.It was not that difficult. Aptitude test was not that difficult and interview was based on JAVA totally and projects done in third year and final year.

Interview Questions
    • One of my friend's third year project was 1 mobile app and interviewer asked that friend to show that app on cell but she was not carrying it and she was having 1 other app with more functionality from someone else....So she got rejected straight away.   Answer Question