Johnson Controls

Relevance Date Difficulty

GET Interview

GET
Bangalore

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in November 2013.

Interview Details Was a pool campus-all colleges having IT branch participated.Eligibility : Students of 7th semester Instrumentation having agg of 50% & above.
First round-written test which includes technical+logical, reasoning, quant+english(questions were mainly from previous years GATE papers). Negative marking of 0.5 mark. So make sure you answer only those you are confident of.
Out of around 250 people, 50 cleared the first round. It took nearly 3 hours to declare the results of round 1.
Second round-1:2 interview 1HR and 1Technical person.Tech.Questions were mainly on basic concepts of HVAC systems, ambient temperature, sensors, transducers, operating temperature ranges of few transducers, Bernoulli's theorem, PID controllers,was asked to plot curves for diff control modes, briefing on projects and internships.
HR questions-Introduce yourself, where do you see yourself in next 5 years, be aware about the position you mention, you should be able to explain the role in detail.
Why not higher studies? They dont look for exact answers but how you manage to answer logically and manage the situation as they wont wait for your answers and keep on pouring with question one on another.Make sure you take hold of the situation and preferably use a sheet of paper to explain-this shows your confidence. Dont say "I dont know" for any question coz it leaves a negative impression on them.
My interview lasted for around 30 min.
There was a long wait of 6 hours for the second round.
Out of 50, 15 (consisting of only 4 girls-was glad to be one among them :) )cleared the second round.
Third round-A panel of 8 interviewers. Out of which 2 observe your body language and dont ask any questions.
 In this round, each one of the interviewers(except 2) shoots with questions to examine your capability to handle such a situation. Usual HR ques-introduce yourself, etc, I was asked on internship, not on what I did, rather about the institution in which I underwent internship-it was a DRDO org so was asked about technologies used there.
They give a detailed look into your resume and ask questions from it.
How do you measure distance,height, how does a microwave oven works...
They have your written test answer scripts with them and ask questions relating to them as to why did you mark so and so ans and not other choices, why is your score less in a particular section...The most unexpected question asked was why my score was less in a particular technical section as compared to English sec score, though my academic scores were good. It was evident from their facial expressions that my explanation to this question did not satisfy them. And I could anticipate what my result would be after this :P
My interview lasted for 10-15 min.
Final results were announced in 30 min.
 Written test started at 10 am and final announcement of results at 9:30 pm.
Out of 15, 3 were selected(2 boys and 1 girl). Though I was not one among them, the whole process was a wonderful experience as they gave us important inputs with regards to how to face an interview and made us feel good by saying, only 5% of total appearing for interview process can clear the written test. So coming till the last round made me feel good :)
Total recruits made by johnson controls in India is usually between 10-15. This year the count was 13.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question asked was why my score was less in a particular technical section as compared to English sec score, though my academic scores were good. It was evident from their facial expressions that my explanation to this question did not satisfy them. And I could anticipate what my result would be after this :P   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Bangalore

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2010.

Interview Details Very Systematic and very Professional and transparent

Interview Question – Very Practical and best suited to industry   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in June 2014.

Interview Details -> I got a call through "Concord HR Solution" for Android/Java Developer.
-> First round was written test which was supposed to be on Java( As I got a call for Java), But they have only one type of question paper( which was on C) regardless of your profile.
-> Any way That written test consist of 1 programming question
 ( " Write a program to find difference between two large integers which are given in String as
       String a = "9456738572365648932758346782759273576"
       String b = "56736823748726353476582734827356545368752365"
       and you have to find c = a-b )
8 objective question based on pointers
and 4 subjective questions.

Interview Question – They should prepare different question papers for based on Profile(Java or C)   Answer Question

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Senior Test Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls in August 2012.

Interview Details 1. Face to face - 3 Technical Rounds on Day 1 (Full Day Spent)
2. Telephonic - 1 US Round after 1 Week
3. Telephonic - 1 Technical Discussion after 1 week
4. Face to Face - 1 Technical Discussion with Prospective Manager after 2 week (had to wait for 4 hours before interview)
5. HR - Salary Negotiation stretched for 2 weeks.

Overall Process took around 1.5 Months. Very Lengthy Process

Interview Question – Most Questions were easy. Nothing Too Difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Lots of Negotiations, From Starting they were saying we are fortune 100 company and Salary is not a constraint. But I was surprised when HR asked me to Join on Same Package. (How could they even think?). I tried to bargain a lot but they didn't even gave 1% hike. I was getting a raise in My Current Company That Time. So I rejected the offer based on No Hike Offered.
After 1 week HR called again and Asked whether I was given Raise or not. And Told me to match the offer with my current Raise. (Unethical Practice). Practically I was still not given any Hike. But As Work Condition in my Current Company Was getting Bad so I had to accept the offer.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2013.

Interview Details Written technical- 30 mins subjective and 30 min objective, 1 technical interview followed by 1 HR round.

Interview Question – Why do you want to relocate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Expected salary

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2013.

Interview Details So many rounds were there. Asked very obvious questions from Testing Domain. In depth questions from entire SDLC, QTP automation. Ask questions from my previous work experience.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult as my skills were very much matching to the profile.   Answer Question

Requirement Engineer Interview

Requirement Engineer
Pune

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in August 2010.

Interview Details It is really good and explains you detail job description.

Interview Question – Why you are leaving the previous employer ?   View Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details 3 rounds.2 technical interviews and 1 HR

Interview Question – interview was easy   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Chennai

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls in June 2010.

Interview Details Very simple process. They only see if the person is interested in working for a junior level entry. even i heard the same from other friends.

Negotiation Details – Pay was not a factor for right candidate. See you will deserve for what you posses

GET Interview

GET
Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process consisted of basically three rounds all of those were eliminating;
1.Written process
2. Technical interview
3. HR interview
Written test was a combined aptitude+technical test. after getting selected for the interview,
i went for the interview and there i was asked about my basic introduction, projects undertaken, training and few questions on my favorite subject. In HR interview i was asked about the job location preference, and some more basic hr ques..

Interview Question – I didn't found any such.   View Answer

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!