Johnson Controls

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer
Pune

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2013.

Interview Details Written technical- 30 mins subjective and 30 min objective, 1 technical interview followed by 1 HR round.

Interview Question – Why do you want to relocate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Expected salary

Test Engineer Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Johnson Controls in July 2013.

Interview Details So many rounds were there. Asked very obvious questions from Testing Domain. In depth questions from entire SDLC, QTP automation. Ask questions from my previous work experience.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult as my skills were very much matching to the profile.   Answer Question

Requirement Engineer Interview

Pune

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in August 2010.

Interview Details It is really good and explains you detail job description.

Interview Question – Why you are leaving the previous employer ?   View Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Software Test Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details 3 rounds.2 technical interviews and 1 HR

Interview Question – interview was easy   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Chennai

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Johnson Controls in June 2010.

Interview Details Very simple process. They only see if the person is interested in working for a junior level entry. even i heard the same from other friends.

Negotiation Details – Pay was not a factor for right candidate. See you will deserve for what you posses

GET Interview

Mumbai

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Johnson Controls in January 2013.

Interview Details Hiring process consisted of basically three rounds all of those were eliminating;
1.Written process
2. Technical interview
3. HR interview
Written test was a combined aptitude+technical test. after getting selected for the interview,
i went for the interview and there i was asked about my basic introduction, projects undertaken, training and few questions on my favorite subject. In HR interview i was asked about the job location preference, and some more basic hr ques..

Interview Question – I didn't found any such.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Pune

I interviewed at Johnson Controls in September 2012.

Interview Details One technical round of interview. More into hardware and embedded C. I could not clear as my expertise in C++. Mostly new setup. Interviewer was friendly and honest.

Interview Question – Hardware questions on ALU and other stufff   Answer Question

Assistant Facility Manager-Transport Interview

Gurgaon, Haryana

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls in August 2011.

Interview Details I had to face three rounds of interviews, first by consultant agency, secondly by JCI team in person, and finally by the clients to whom site ilm deputed on. In all steps I politely described all my strengths and weaknessnesses. My limitation of being average in verbal communication in English. But client and employer prefered to go with my strength towards my experience regarding the process and field of work.

Interview Question – What is the reason that your resume does not reflects stability with any organisation, will it remains the same going forward?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I simply negotiated with a statement that I expect the hike as per market trend and need adequate reason to switch the job.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Holland, MI (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Johnson Controls.

Interview Details initial interview: I was interviewed by 4-5 sessions. first it would be one or two guys each session. they asked pretty standard questions. They just went through my resume and asked me to explain them my experiences and stuff. some questions aboiut what i did in my previous jobs, classes. then explained the job and described the company most of the time. Asked a few questions abt basic electronics. then asked me to decribe components from a schematic. also brought a pcb and asked me what a certain component was doing. then talked more about the job. they were really nice.
reference check: they did call my references
second interview: I was called for a second interview but i didn't go for it because i got an offer from another company

Interview Question – Why isn't the company where you are interning hiring you?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interviewed at Johnson Controls

Interview Details Recruiter, Phone Interview, 2 personal interviews.

Interview Question – Typical Interview questions, i.e. strength and weaknesses, what attracts you to JCI.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Johnson Controls

Worked for Johnson Controls? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Johnson Controls interview questions and advice. All 139 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Johnson Controls employees and interview candidates.