KLA-Tencor

Getting the Interview

32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chennai

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Interview Details Telephonic rounds 2-3(Technical, Problem Solving, Analytic), Face to face interview.

Interview Question – If a 10 kgs silver ball and a 1000 kgs silver ball is dropped from a height of 2 kms which will touch the floor first ?   View Answers (3)

Applications Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in April 2013.

Interview Details Algorithm testing round, 2 HR rounds, Presentation round, 2 Technical rounds, one video conference round.

Interview Question – Moderately difficult.   Answer Question

Interviewed at KLA-Tencor

Interview Details I have mailed my CV to the recruiter. After about a month I got a call to fix a telephonic interview with the application manager from US.

Interview Question – Brief about the company   Answer Question

Chennai

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2011.

Interview Details 1. Received a call from HR
2. Scheduled technical interview the next day

Chennai

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in November 2010.

Interview Details Had applied online was shortlisted for the phone interview. There were 3 phone interviews:

1 st round : It is done to check if you fit the bill. It was simple Q and A with most question being about the education and some personal question. I cleared this round.

2nd round : Its a Managerial phone round. There were no technical question just a normal talk about your interest and was briefed about what the company was into.

3rd round: This was a technical round. Was grilled for close to 1 hr. Everything which is on your resume should be known. Was asked 9 questions and I answered 7 of those. Didn't think would clear the round as I though it wasn't convincing enough but was told I have cleared the round and was invited to there office for face to face round.

Had a total of 8 rounds in the office for 2 days:

1st round : Was with India head HR. Went well and he seemed to be impressed

2nd round : This was case study round where in I was asked 4 question on some image processing problem. Hadn't done image processing anytime before but was briefed about it and told that it was enough knowledge to solve the given problems. I could only solve 2 question and my other two answers were pretty close. Though not convinced they let me into the next round

3rd round : Its was a technical presentation. I was grilled by panel of close to 8 people for 2.5 hrs.

4th round: They asked me to re-do the 2 problems on image processing case study which I couldn't complete previously. I cleared this round as I was given few hints.

5th and 6th : It was telephonic conference with people in USA . It was a Behavioral and leadership round. I cleared both the rounds.

7th round : Was given a problem and asked to solve which had open solution. The question asked was "Estimate the number of petrol banks in Bangalore city".

I was taken back by the question and gave some dumb answers but after getting some clues I gave them solution which they said was the right one. As they where not completely convinced , decided to hold another round.

8th round: Again an open ended question : "Estimate the number of baby diaper used in India /day".

Though i gave them a descent solution but I was shabby . The intense pressure I was put under for 2 days had its toll on me as I cracked and wasn't confident enough. So was told I hadn't made it!

Interview Question – Estimate the number of baby diaper sued in India everday   View Answer

Chennai

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in September 2010.

Interview Details I applied through Linkedin and got a call on the same day from HR and was screened by the HR. Then HR scheduled an interview. Each phone interview was of 30 mns duration.

1st Phone Interview - Went well. Basically they were looking for travel frequency and questions were mostly related to job description. Situational questions were asked. I cleared the 1st round and was scheduled 2nd phone interview.

2nd Phone interview - This was a technical round. It was related to my CV. I cleared the round.

3rd Phone interview - This was a behavioural round and was aked question on situations and also in regard to the travel. I cleared this round as well

4th Phone interview - This was based on management and leadership. This interview was conducted by an engineer from California.

I am still not sure what they were looking for after so many rounds of phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are assigned to a small project compared to your colleague?   Answer Question
  • You propose a solution at and customer site and you are returning home. The solution you gave blows off. what will you do ?   Answer Question

Albany, NY (US)

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in October 2013.

Interview Details Apply on line. Phone interview thaks 30min. Waiting for on-site.

Interview Question – It was not a technical interview. Behaiver interivew.   Answer Question

Malta, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in June 2013.

Interview Details Recruiter contacted me via linkedin who directed me to apply online for a relevant position. Within a week I was invited for an onsite interview at Malta, NY. There was no reimbursement as I was just two hours away. The interview questions were not at all technical. The atmosphere amongst the team members looked quite good but the interview questions were totally HR related.

Interview Questions

• Fill the room with basketballs?   Answer Question
  • What do strategy and tactical mean to you?   Answer Question
  • How many states are in the US and if I tell you to get rid of one state, what will be your criteria?   View Answer

San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in December 2012.

Interview Details Applied through Campus Jab Fair.
Few weeks later, did phone interview (typical questions)
Two weeks later, did on-site interview

Interview Question – 1 minute impromptu speech with a choice of a picture from a bundle of pictures.   View Answer

Austin, TX (US)

I applied online - interviewed at KLA-Tencor in January 2013.

Interview Details I got a phone call the other after I submitted my resume on their website. Asked me a few general questions like relocation preference. Told me another phone interview from application manager will be arranged in next two weeks. Very excited!

Interview Question – No   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KLA-Tencor

Worked for KLA-Tencor? Contribute to the Community!

KLA-Tencor Videos

KLA-Tencor – Why Work for Us?

KLA-Tencor Corporation is the world's leading supplier of process control and yield management solutions for the semiconductor and related microelectronics industries. We have been in business for over 30 years and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KLA-Tencor Applications Engineer interview questions and advice. All 32 interview reviews posted anonymously by KLA-Tencor employees and interview candidates.