KPMG

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Greensboro, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through my schools career center and received the first internship. Was only a half our and immediately asked me why I wanted to go into accounting. Discussed a few other basic interview questions. Wasn't too difficult, however I was interviewing for a Boston position, but she was a NC recruiter.

Interview Question – Why are you going into accounting   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 months - interviewed at KPMG in March 2012.

Interview Details I went through a semester-long recruiting program with my university where I was exposed to over twenty firms. I chose to sign for my internship with KPMG because of the friendly and personalized nature of every interaction I had with employees at all levels. From personally handwritten letters from a partner to a phone call from an associate asking if I had any questions about the process. I had an initial interview that was extremely laid back (by this time I had been to a few social events with them). I also had an office visit in which there was no interview. Most of KPMG's hiring process through the university recruitment came through social events, dinners, and on campus events. They recruited through personality of the firm, which I was drawn to.

Interview Question – I can't think of any particular difficult question I was prompted with; however, most of my interviews in this industry consist mainly of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For an intern position, there was no negotiation process.

Accounting Intern Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at KPMG in March 2010.

Interview Details The pre-interview events were really helpful in learning about the firm & the people. My not-so-good interviewer asked about 2 things: Tell me about yourself & how many hours did I spend per week on each job/activity listed on my resume! Then I was told to ask questions. Very confusing approach.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Accounting Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.