KPMG

Getting the Interview

106 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Delhi

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG in January 2010.

Interview Details The first round was taken by a panel which consited of Senior manager (technical) and HR Manager. The HR Manager asked questions related to Salary and Notice period and a brief of my professional experiience. The technical manager asked questions related to my audit experience. Then he asked technical questions relating to accounting standards and company law matters in detail.

Interview Question – Accounting treatment of asset retirement obligation.   View Answer

Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview Details Online tests, interview

Interview Question – Most questions were pretty standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details A lot of recruiting events and being able to network with many professionals at the firm. The firm creates a lot of fun events in order to be able to socialize with professionals to see if you fit their culture and be able to work with them as a team.

Interview Question – Most difficult question that was asked is where do you see yourself in 5 years from now and what are your plans and goals.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details Interview with Partner

Interview Question – What would your friends say about your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at KPMG

Interview Details Go through resume and behavior questions.

Interview Question – Why KPMG? Why audit? Leadership. Conflict.   Answer Question

McLean, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at KPMG.

Interview Details Posted resume through university's website and was selected for an interview on-campus. Interviewed with partner on-campus and was selected for second round of interviews on-site at Mclean, VA. Second round of interviews included a dinner reception. Had two interviews: one with a manager and one with a partner. Heard back within 2-3 weeks.

Interview Question – Why did you pick KPMG?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Denver, CO (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at KPMG in March 2010.

Interview Details Two part interview process. First, was on campus with an audit partner. He asked three standard interview questions and then we talked about traveling and trashy reality TV. The second part, I was brought in to the office for a full day of activities (which were to see how you interacted with others, if you were a leader/follower, someone that the firm would like to work with, etc.), a fancy lunch, and two more shorter interviews with different managers and partners of the firm. The interviews were all very smooth and the interviewers made the atmosphere calm and easy going.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions. No curveballs or stumpers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. KPMG has a salary matrix and that is what you will get if you accept the offer.

Lahore (Pakistan)

I applied online - interviewed at KPMG in July 2011.

Interview Details This is for KPMG Pakistan.

After submission of resume to the HR I was called in for a written test which was a mix of accounting, auditing and english (bit difficult as it involved consolidation aswell). After a month I was invited for a manager interview which included basic accounting questions and it went well. Then I was called for a partner interview, that was just general discussing about interest in accountancy and family background.

Interview Question – I was asked about a drastic fall in my percentages from school to college, and replied honestly that I did not focus much on studies in college.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotation.

Audit Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at KPMG in May 2010.

Interview Details It started as on campus recruiting with all of the Big Four. Got interviews. Made cuts after first round of 1 on 1 interviews. Then Office visits with 3 more 1 on 1 interviews. Then offers took place

Interview Question – A few behavioral questions to see how you would react in certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at KPMG in April 2012.

Interview Details 2-3 interviews. process takes two days

Interview Question – tell us three bad qualities about yourself   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at KPMG

Worked for KPMG? Contribute to the Community!

KPMG Videos

KPMG – Why Work for Us?

Careers with KPMG From career development to global opportunities, KPMG helps connect you to a variety of ways to build the career you've always wanted. You've worked hard. You've planned well. You've developed your… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KPMG Audit Associate interview questions and advice. All 106 interview reviews posted anonymously by KPMG employees and interview candidates.